PFT: league source says best trade for Philly in 10 yrs

jahnyc

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not easy finding good offensive tackles. I couple of years ago I was hoping the Bills would draft Winston Justice. He was drafted by Philly and I think he gave up five or six sacks in one game against the Giants. I guess things are not working out too well for him in Philly.

Not easy finding good offensive tackles. I couple of years ago I was hoping the Bills would draft Winston Justice. He was drafted by Philly and I think he gave up five or six sacks in one game against the Giants. I guess things are not working out too well for him in Philly.

I don't think it's as hard as you think. In just the last 2 years http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft...p;type=position , no fewer than 13 starters at tackles have been drafted and all have played pretty well.

Add to the fact that this is a very deep draft for tackle talent, if you were ever to trade Peters (again very debatable), this isn't the worst time to do it.

Let's see how these tackles develop over time. About ten years ago the Bills had a RT tackle named Robert Hicks who looked great for one year, and then was out of football a couple of years later.