Peter King has lots of Bills thoughts

Yeah, the Bills should take Pettigrew w/ the 11th pick in the draft. Protecting the QB's blindside or putting pressure on the opposing team's QBs be damned.

Exactly Rich...For a TE who Runs a SUPER fast 4.8... :(

Don't get Me wrong...I like Pettigrew...Especially at #28...But IF this FO takes Pettigrew at #11 ( and that's a HUGE if) it should just about seal Dead Dicks fate...

You know what?...Come to think of it DJ hinted plenty to all of us when asked about the lack of Pass Rush after last years late collapse...The first thing he brought up was Schobel's injury...If the Bills are convinced all it's going to take is a healthy Schobel to bring back the Pass Rush they may very well go TE at #11...And if they do then they will all deserve the firings that will come at the end of 09...Pettigrew will help on Offense certainly...But he's not a LT which is now their #1 need on Offense, and the Bills #1 need overall is to get more pressure on the QB...Period...

Pettigrew at #11...great! :unsure:

Don't get Me wrong...I like Pettigrew...Especially at #28...But IF this FO takes Pettigrew at #11 ( and that's a HUGE if) it should just about seal Dead Dicks fate...

You know what?...Come to think of it DJ hinted plenty to all of us when asked about the lack of Pass Rush after last years late collapse...The first thing he brought up was Schobel's injury...If the Bills are convinced all it's going to take is a healthy Schobel to bring back the Pass Rush they may very well go TE at #11...And if they do then they will all deserve the firings that will come at the end of 09...Pettigrew will help on Offense certainly...But he's not a LT which is now their #1 need on Offense, and the Bills #1 need overall is to get more pressure on the QB...Period...

40 times are so overrated IMO. If the guy can get consistent first downs who cares? He's an incredible blocker and by the Bills first pick there won't be any LT's that are decent left.

"I think I'm all for maximizing my draft booty, but I think the Bills are going too far in trying to deal Roscoe Parrish. He's one of the most dangerous weapons in the game, and I'd rather have four or five Parrish touches per game -- and the threat that each carries with it. Parrish is worth far more than the fourth- or fifth-round pick he'd bring back to Buffalo." Great point, PK. So many of us here have been saying the same thing...

Now, if Pettigrew were a healthy Shockey without being a headcase, wouldn't he be a great pick at #11? Shockey's first year in NY he caught 74 passes for nearly 900 yards! I think Pettigrew is a better blocker too. Didn't he own Orakpo when they played? Screw the draft guru's. If he's your man, and there are no willing trade partners in the mid-teens, then you take him. Shockey was a #14 pick. K. Winslow II was a #6. Heath Miller was a #30. We have other picks. There are FA OLB's and OG's. OT can be addressed at #28, DE can be addressed at #42.

From ESPN Insider:

Brandon Pettigrew | TEScouts Inc. Grade: 93

Overall Football Traits

Production 2 Red-shirted in 2004. Played in 11 games (nine starts) as a freshman in 2005, finishing with 128 yards and one TD on 11 receptions. Started all 13 games as a sophomore in 2006, finishing with 310 yards and four scores on 24 receptions. Started all 13 games as a junior in 2007, finishing with 540 yards (15.4) and four scores on 35 receptions. 2008: Starts all 10 games he plays and finishes with 472 yards on 42 catches (zero TD's).

Height-Weight-Speed 3 Possesses prototypical height and bulk for an NFL tight end. He's a good athlete but his straight-line speed is below-average for the position particularly for a high draft choice.

Durability 2 Injuries have not been a significant issue. He missed three games (Troy, Texas A&M and Missouri) in 2008 due to an ankle injury. But he recovered and finished the season strong. He also started all 13 games during each of the previous two seasons (2006-'07).

Character 4 Charged with felony assault and battery of a police officer in February, 2008. Police responded to an altercation at a residence in Stillwater, OK. When asked to leave, Pettigrew refused and elbowed an officer in the chest. Pettigrew has since pleaded guilty to a lesser charge (misdemeanor assault and battery) in return for fines paid and 20 hours of community service. He also pleaded guilty to misdemeanor public intoxication in the incident and was fined $100. He received a deferred sentence and won't have a criminal record if he successfully completes probation. Coach Mike Gundy declined to suspend Pettigrew, saying in February that he would allow the case to run its course.

Tight End specific Traits

Ball Skills 2 Productive receiver with big, soft hands. He can pluck on the run and also catches the ball consistently over his head. Rarely drops a 'catchable' pass and when he does it typically has been due to a lapse in concentration.

Separation Skills 3 Big target; knows how to use his frame to shield defenders from the ball. Is fluid and smooth for his size. Shows adequate-to-good initial burst off the line. But he doesn't run all of his routes with the same level of urgency. He is sloppy with his breaks and needs rounds too many off. Shows an overall lack of discipline at times.

Blocking 1 Better blocker than most at his position. Big frame with long arms and big hands. Good overall strength for a TE. Is able to anchor at the point of attack when he stays low. Displays good upper-body power for the position and flashes a mean streak. Does a good job with his first step. He is a more effective blocker in-line than he is in space, though. He needs to be more consistent with his technique in space, rather than looking to bury the defender with his initial pop.

Toughness 2 Flashes a mean streak. Will make tough catches in traffic. Won't back down from a challenge. Only concern here is with his mental toughness. Tends to turn motor on and off. Can get lazy and undisciplined at times.

Big-Play Potential 4 This is one of the big areas of concern regarding his pro potential. While smooth and fluid for his size, he lacks the speed necessary to consistently stretch the seam as a receiver. Additionally, while he is a tough runner after the catch, he's not going to make many defenders miss in space, nor will he run away from many LB's or DB's in the NFL.

Trait Scale

1 = Exceptional 2 = Above average 3 = Average 4 = Below average 5 = Marginal

A healthy Schoebel is actually a very good player. He'll help a great deal.

"I think I'm all for maximizing my draft booty, but I think the Bills are going too far in trying to deal Roscoe Parrish. He's one of the most dangerous weapons in the game, and I'd rather have four or five Parrish touches per game -- and the threat that each carries with it. Parrish is worth far more than the fourth- or fifth-round pick he'd bring back to Buffalo." Great point, PK. So many of us here have been saying the same thing...

Now, if Pettigrew were a healthy Shockey without being a headcase, wouldn't he be a great pick at #11? Shockey's first year in NY he caught 74 passes for nearly 900 yards! I think Pettigrew is a better blocker too. Didn't he own Orakpo when they played? Screw the draft guru's. If he's your man, and there are no willing trade partners in the mid-teens, then you take him. Shockey was a #14 pick. K. Winslow II was a #6. Heath Miller was a #30. We have other picks. There are FA OLB's and OG's. OT can be addressed at #28, DE can be addressed at #42.

From ESPN Insider:

Brandon Pettigrew | TEScouts Inc. Grade: 93

Overall Football Traits

Production 2 Red-shirted in 2004. Played in 11 games (nine starts) as a freshman in 2005, finishing with 128 yards and one TD on 11 receptions. Started all 13 games as a sophomore in 2006, finishing with 310 yards and four scores on 24 receptions. Started all 13 games as a junior in 2007, finishing with 540 yards (15.4) and four scores on 35 receptions. 2008: Starts all 10 games he plays and finishes with 472 yards on 42 catches (zero TD's).

Height-Weight-Speed 3 Possesses prototypical height and bulk for an NFL tight end. He's a good athlete but his straight-line speed is below-average for the position particularly for a high draft choice.

Durability 2 Injuries have not been a significant issue. He missed three games (Troy, Texas A&M and Missouri) in 2008 due to an ankle injury. But he recovered and finished the season strong. He also started all 13 games during each of the previous two seasons (2006-'07).

Character 4 Charged with felony assault and battery of a police officer in February, 2008. Police responded to an altercation at a residence in Stillwater, OK. When asked to leave, Pettigrew refused and elbowed an officer in the chest. Pettigrew has since pleaded guilty to a lesser charge (misdemeanor assault and battery) in return for fines paid and 20 hours of community service. He also pleaded guilty to misdemeanor public intoxication in the incident and was fined $100. He received a deferred sentence and won't have a criminal record if he successfully completes probation. Coach Mike Gundy declined to suspend Pettigrew, saying in February that he would allow the case to run its course.

Tight End specific Traits

Ball Skills 2 Productive receiver with big, soft hands. He can pluck on the run and also catches the ball consistently over his head. Rarely drops a 'catchable' pass and when he does it typically has been due to a lapse in concentration.

Separation Skills 3 Big target; knows how to use his frame to shield defenders from the ball. Is fluid and smooth for his size. Shows adequate-to-good initial burst off the line. But he doesn't run all of his routes with the same level of urgency. He is sloppy with his breaks and needs rounds too many off. Shows an overall lack of discipline at times.

Blocking 1 Better blocker than most at his position. Big frame with long arms and big hands. Good overall strength for a TE. Is able to anchor at the point of attack when he stays low. Displays good upper-body power for the position and flashes a mean streak. Does a good job with his first step. He is a more effective blocker in-line than he is in space, though. He needs to be more consistent with his technique in space, rather than looking to bury the defender with his initial pop.

Toughness 2 Flashes a mean streak. Will make tough catches in traffic. Won't back down from a challenge. Only concern here is with his mental toughness. Tends to turn motor on and off. Can get lazy and undisciplined at times.

Big-Play Potential 4 This is one of the big areas of concern regarding his pro potential. While smooth and fluid for his size, he lacks the speed necessary to consistently stretch the seam as a receiver. Additionally, while he is a tough runner after the catch, he's not going to make many defenders miss in space, nor will he run away from many LB's or DB's in the NFL.

Trait Scale

1 = Exceptional 2 = Above average 3 = Average 4 = Below average 5 = Marginal

Sounds like Bubba Franks.

I think at the end of the day, cooler heads and Bobby April will win out - I'm not worried about them giving Roscoe away. It's not like he's Dante Hall at the end of his career.

Don't be surprised if 'ol Russ gets all "Monte Hall" with our little "Dante Hall".

No good deal goes undone.