Official NBA playoffs thread....

Special K

I don't think that's true at all. They have, very aggravatingly, given away two games by missing last second shots (Lee's layup and Howards free throws). Other than that they have played right with the best team in the league. There's two things Orlando is missing: Experience and a healthy Nelson. Injuries suck and are a part of the game, but the Magic don't have to do anything but keep their young team together and they will be a shoe in for the conference finals for the next few years.

All through the playoffs I keep thinking how exciting this team is going to be next year, with Nelson back and Lee in his second season! The only bump in the road is getting Turk signed, but I have (blind) faith he'll be back.

I still think the Magic need another, big physical player, to compliment Howard. They have big, skilled guys now, but they don't have much physical prescence. And they need to figure out how to make Howard a more consistent part of the offense. I really think they are going to be a very good team for another 3 or 4 years, they just have to fine tune things a little.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think the Magic need another, big physical player, to compliment Howard. They have big, skilled guys now, but they don't have much physical prescence.

I agree with you on this, but I don't think they should change the starting lineup to do so.

Adding a physical big man that can come off the bench when the situation calls for it is the way to go, IMO.

However, one of the rumors down here is that if a deal cannot be reached with Turk, a sign-and-trade deal will be the way in which Turk leaves the Magic.

And that my friends is the challenge.....

Not just getting to the show....but finding a way to keep everybody happy enough to keep them on the same team for a while.....

For instance on our team.....

- Odom and Ariza are both up for free agency

- Shannon Brown was a suprise that we need to try and keep

- We gave too much money to guys like Sasha Vuachick and Luke Walton

It isnt easy.......

And that my friends is the challenge.....

Not just getting to the show....but finding a way to keep everybody happy enough to keep them on the same team for a while.....

For instance on our team.....

- Odom and Ariza are both up for free agency

- Shannon Brown was a suprise that we need to try and keep

- We gave too much money to guys like Sasha Vuachick and Luke Walton

It isnt easy.......

Yes, I knew that Lamar was going to be a FA, but didn't realize Ariza was too...smart teams, in the NBA, tend to figure out a way to fleece other teams...I think they will make out okay. Odom seems to be enjoying playing basketball these days (I used to think he didn't really enjoy the game) so maybe he takes a "hometown discount" if they win a championship. Sasha isn't too good, and is a weak link. I would be surprised if he is on the Lakers next season...of course, I guess it could all change, if Jackson doesn't come back...

I think tonight we'll really see what D.Howard and the rest of this team are made of. After coughing away the game on Thursday, this will be a true test of character. If they can find a way to shut down LA tonight and win convincingly, then there's still hope for them, even when the series moves back to LA. If not, it's all over.

Personally, I'm dying to see what impact the last game had on them.

Let me be the first (here) to congratulate the Lakers, Kobe and John From Hemet on their 15th ring...the Magic just weren't up to the task tonight, and the Lakers smelled blood. Great season, great playoffs. While I mourned my own team falling short, I have gained some new respect for the Magic, and, have to tip my hat, begrudgingly albeit to the Lakers. Its' fun to have a team to root for, and it is almost as fun to have a team to hate...thanks Lakers! :nana:

Let me be the first (here) to congratulate the Lakers, Kobe and John From Hemet on their 15th ring...the Magic just weren't up to the task tonight, and the Lakers smelled blood. Great season, great playoffs. While I mourned my own team falling short, I have gained some new respect for the Magic, and, have to tip my hat, begrudgingly albeit to the Lakers. Its' fun to have a team to root for, and it is almost as fun to have a team to hate...thanks Lakers! :nana:

Congrats to the Lakers....you played a great series, and deserve the Championship.

I'd also like to say thank you to the Magic for a wonderful playoff run. My team grew up throughout these playoffs, and became a stronger team before my eyes. The experience gained this year can only be beneficial to this young team, and hopefully, they will have the opportunity to hold that Championship trophy in the future!!

Here's to the Magic!!!!! :oops::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Buftex (and the magic) have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of......they had a great season and the final win/loss column does not reflect just how close this series was

Kobe simply would not be denied......

God I wish I could have this same feeling when it comes to my Bills.

Buftex (and the magic) have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of......they had a great season and the final win/loss column does not reflect just how close this series was

I honestly think the Celtics, last year, reinvigorated my love for sports...if the Bills ever did pull it off, I don't think there would any fan base, in any sport, that would appreciate it more... :nana:

I actually think we're a distant second to Cubs fans. Talk about depressing...

I don't agree. I think the Cubs fan base, and their propensity for losing have become so legendary, that I think, secretly, a lot of folks would be disappointed if they won. They kind of revel in it. If they won, sure, there would be hardcore Cubs fans that would be beside themselves, but to others, it would be just another excuse to buy a fashionable new Cubs cap. IMO, it was kind of like that when the Red Sox finally broke through a few years ago. All of the sudden their "nation" grew 100 fold...one difference with the Red Sox though, they had the Yankees in their cross hairs...the Cubs have who? The White Sox?

The Cubs are a national team, from a major market. Their fans are everywhere, and they are trendy. The only folks, for the most part, who give a crud about the Bills, are people with ties to WNY, where the population and economy have been dwindling for nearly 50 years. Look at the reaction to that we (Bills fans) have at the slightest perceived slight. When the national media takes a swipe at the Bills, we take it as a knock on our beloved hometown, not just our football team.

Agreed!

Congrats John......at least I can feel good that a Bills fan is feeling that Championship feeling! :oops:

And Buftex, thanks for throwing your support behind the Magic after we beat your Celtics....much appreciated!

Unfortunately, I have to move my Championship record to 0-6 :nana:

0-4 with the Bills, 0-2 with the Magic.........I hope one day one of my teams let me see what its like to be a Champion.

So, who wins it all next season, the Celtics or the Lakers? I need to know, as I have to pick between Center ICE and the NBA package...gf would murder me if I got both!

Girlfriend? Not even wife, but girlfriend? Do you root for Rutgers? If your girlfirend is making purchase decisions for you, you might as well just order the flower channel.

Keep laughing as my predictions keep coming true. As I have stated, these two teams will meet in the Finals and it will go 7. It is possible that game 7 itself may be legitimate so it is hard to say who will win. I lean toward the Lakers so the legend of Kobe grows and it may be Phil Jackson's last stand.

Girlfriend? Not even wife, but girlfriend? Do you root for Rutgers? If your girlfirend is making purchase decisions for you, you might as well just order the flower channel.

Keep laughing as my predictions keep coming true. As I have stated, these two teams will meet in the Finals and it will go 7. It is possible that game 7 itself may be legitimate so it is hard to say who will win. I lean toward the Lakers so the legend of Kobe grows and it may be Phil Jackson's last stand.

I am very lucky!

I am very lucky!

Dude:

You are not even married yet she has decided:

1. You can watch the NBA or NHL but not both;

2. That you should think that you are lucky.

These strategies have already worked on you and your "independent George" ship has sailed. How hard would it be for her to inject marriage inject marriage into this equation? Please note that once marriage is injected, all other types of injections gradually dwindle to nothing.

You are on the wrong path and there is probably no way off. Soon you will think you're lucky because Friday is daffodil night on the flower channel.

Seems to be his M O...