But they can't fix the stairs up to the press box

Beerball

Sigh .... another indication of how bad off the region is economically. I have no issue with the food - seems reasonable that if there are meetings during or over the course of meal time no big deal. Perhaps the travel should be monimized. At the end of the day perhaps my perspective is skewed as I work for an employer that will generally provide lunch or dinner if you are in a working meeting at the time.

Sigh .... another indication of how bad off the region is economically. I have no issue with the food - seems reasonable that if there are meetings during or over the course of meal time no big deal. Perhaps the travel should be monimized. At the end of the day perhaps my perspective is skewed as I work for an employer that will generally provide lunch or dinner if you are in a working meeting at the time.

Difference being that yours is a case of an employer spending his own money. Govt --- and WNY more than most, it seems --- is great at spending other people's money for perks.

Have a late meeting? Pack a fuggin' lunch! Millions of people do it every day.

But, let's all feel sorry for Ralph Hernandez, who has diabetes. From the pictures on Google, looks like it's the fat-slob diabetes, which exercise and dieting helps alleviate. But, wouldn't want to take the egg rolls out of his mouth. Does this go on a ballot? No. Then they might not be provided free food on the taxpayers' dime. You look at WNY and it's like, what exactly are getting for your tax money? "Leaders" who drive out businesses that want to bring actual jobs to the region, bridges that will never be built, and population flight from those smart/able enough to escape.

This is a microcosm of what's wrong with govt --- the attitude that they're entitled to perks, nice salaries for little actual work, and a minimum 3 percent raise every year. You know, I'm of the belief that we're going to see maybe 3, or maybe 4 more presidential elections. And then the sh--'s gonna hit the fan one way or the other --- either bankruptcy, attack from without, or revolution (this will hopefully be nonviolent) from within from people who've finally had enough and take Jefferson's words in the Declaration to heart. And then we need to set up a system where representation is set up by a selective-service-type lottery with no person who votes on spending bills ever serving more than 2 years and where reps get a reasonable flat rate of compensation that is determined by voters, not the politicians themselves.

Yes, people are starting to wake up and grab their pitchforks.

Difference being that yours is a case of an employer spending his own money. Govt --- and WNY more than most, it seems --- is great at spending other people's money for perks.

Have a late meeting? Pack a fuggin' lunch! Millions of people do it every day.

But, let's all feel sorry for Ralph Hernandez, who has diabetes. From the pictures on Google, looks like it's the fat-slob diabetes, which exercise and dieting helps alleviate. But, wouldn't want to take the egg rolls out of his mouth. Does this go on a ballot? No. Then they might not be provided free food on the taxpayers' dime. You look at WNY and it's like, what exactly are getting for your tax money? "Leaders" who drive out businesses that want to bring actual jobs to the region, bridges that will never be built, and population flight from those smart/able enough to escape.

This is a microcosm of what's wrong with govt --- the attitude that they're entitled to perks, nice salaries for little actual work, and a minimum 3 percent raise every year. You know, I'm of the belief that we're going to see maybe 3, or maybe 4 more presidential elections. And then the sh--'s gonna hit the fan one way or the other --- either bankruptcy, attack from without, or revolution (this will hopefully be nonviolent) from within from people who've finally had enough and take Jefferson's words in the Declaration to heart. And then we need to set up a system where representation is set up by a selective-service-type lottery with no person who votes on spending bills ever serving more than 2 years and where reps get a reasonable flat rate of compensation that is determined by voters, not the politicians themselves.

Yes, people are starting to wake up and grab their pitchforks.

Im one of them :(