Curious

I was curious to see if anyone knew if some of these guys are going ot be able to contribute:

1. McCargo-could this guy possibly come to camp in shape and be finally ready to contribute

2.Wendling-will he use that you tube athletic ability to play safety

3.Bowen-the guy was heaped lots of praise and tore up his knee

4.Fine-is he any good as a starting te

5.Bell-we got rid of Peters, is he that good to compete for a starting job

6.Oman and any other rbs7.Hardy-will he be able to play or is Johnson better

I don't live in the area

According to most of the contributors to this board, anyone that starts for the Bills sucks.... even if they made the pro bowl and anyone that rides the bench is a future all-pro.

According to management its best to get mediocre players or else you have to pay them market rates.

I was curious to see if anyone knew if some of these guys are going ot be able to contribute:

1. McCargo-could this guy possibly come to camp in shape and be finally ready to contribute

2.Wendling-will he use that you tube athletic ability to play safety

3.Bowen-the guy was heaped lots of praise and tore up his knee

4.Fine-is he any good as a starting te

5.Bell-we got rid of Peters, is he that good to compete for a starting job

6.Oman and any other rbs7.Hardy-will he be able to play or is Johnson better

I don't live in the area

McCargo is a bust. I'm a little surprised he's still on the roster, but at some point I think we're going to have to part ways with him. I'm not sure what the issue even is at this point, but he's shown nothing, really.

Wendling? I have to assume that if our jailbird safeties (Whitner, Simpson) are out/on parole they'll be starting, or maybe Scott starting at SS with Whitner moving to free.

Bowen didn't show anything at all, then tore up his knee. Before the '08 draft some said he might not even get drafted, and his "highlights" weren't all that impressive. I hope I'm wrong here, but I think he'll bust out within the next two years.

Fine is as good as any starting TE...we have. Of course, that just means he's as good as Shouman, which doesn't help. I wasn't impressed with Fine at all last season, and for a alleged receiving TE he doesn't have top end speed or leaping ability or athleticism or agility or...well, anything. He seems to be a decent #2, but I'd prefer a bonafide #1 like Pettigrew.

Bell did 9 reps at the '08 combine. The USC kicker this year did 25. That should tell you something.

Oman didn't look good in very limited opportunities last year. He might get shafted to the practice squad as I find it very, very difficult to believe he'll dress for any games this year over Jackson or Rhodes once Marshawn comes back from suspension.

Hardy and Johnson won't do much in '09, and they won't be asked to. But they will both be fighting for that #2 spot in 2010. I'd say Stevie J. has the slight edge at this point - especially with Hardy's injury - but it's a wide open race and Hardy's got a huge size advantage and runs a faster 40 (although it doesn't appear to translate to the game just yet). Johnson was very good at Kentucky though and could do some damage out there when called upon. He certainly has the size (6'0" 210) and speed (4.55) to do it.

According to most of the contributors to this board, anyone that starts for the Bills sucks.... even if they made the pro bowl and anyone that rides the bench is a future all-pro.

According to management its best to get mediocre players or else you have to pay them market rates.

Thanks for the invaluable input.

Bell will be our starting RT

Walker our LT

I think Bell will be good

Based on what? Also, Walker isn't a long-term solution at LT, he's a stop-gap measure. We'll be addressing this at the draft for sure.