Team Fan Appreciation - For the Mods also

Virgil

:rolleyes:

The vast majority of fans of the Bills (and every other team) have never even seen a message board, much less registered, much less posted.

Yes.

Do the math. This site has accumulated about 9200 registered users over eight years, 40% of them have never made a single post. When you factor in that many posters have registered/post on all 3 Bills board, you probably only have 10,000 unique people who have ever posted on a Bills board. Compare that to the number of fans -- 80,000 people attend each Bills game. Even if half of those are season tix holders that go to every game, that's what -- 300,000 unique fans that will go to a game in a season? Add in hundreds of thousands more watching on TV, and it's pretty clear that only a tiny % of fans hang out on these boards.

Thanks for doing the math.

Your math is food for thought for all of us here, but particularly those that have a messianic complex about the power and influence that they perceive TSW to have.

Strange how you keep mentioning your status with the "in" club...Perhaps you consider this assylum to be your own little audition. Go for it! I'm sure when Timmy decides to throw a bone you'll eat first!

Strange how you keep feeling the need to attack Graham, but whatever floats your boat, I guess.

And FWIW, my clips from here DID help me get my first newspaper job ... so yeah, cheers to SDS for that! :devil:

In no way am I saying that TheStadiumWall is the end-all, be-all for Buffalo Bills fans. Nor do any sports forum give a truly accurate sample size. You are looking to hard at the specifics rather than the idea.

Think of it this way, what's to prevent a team from saying that if you go the forum of your team on NFL.com, we will have a thread where you can post questions that you want asked of the team. From there, we will select a representative of the board to come to the stadium and ask the selected questions.

For me, I would like to think that I would go there and chime in and also look forward to the response. Now, as to what Tim and Lori said about there not being enough space at the post-game conference, that's good to know. But what about the following Monday or Tuesday sending someone to the practice to ask a few questions.

Once again, I'm not saying that I know the specifics of how something like this would work, cause obviously i'm not a journalist. But, I'm hoping that the concept of what i'm trying to convey is getting through.

btw, Lori, what paper do you write for?

A small weekly, that I'm guessing roughly five people here have ever heard of: Reporter Argus. Mostly preps and local-interest stuff, although I do keep tabs on two hometown kids playing professional baseball, including one who pitched for the Cardinals in the 2006 World Series.

(So, no, I doubt the Bills will credential us any time soon. Sorry to jack your thread, by the way. I'll give it back now. :devil: )

As to your more recent thoughts, I could see them trying something along those lines on the bb.com board, but I doubt they'd give us similar access. Maybe I'm wrong about that. Dunno. I will say this: the more interaction with the fans, the better, and I do kind of like the idea. For me, it's just a tough sell trying to mix that in with the media availability sessions, especially in the postgame crush. On the other hand, if someone (Jauron, a player, or whoever) was willing to stick around for a few more minutes after practice (and after the pros get what they need), I could possibly see something like that working.

Strange how you keep feeling the need to attack Graham, but whatever floats your boat, I guess.

And FWIW, my clips from here DID help me get my first newspaper job ... so yeah, cheers to SDS for that! :devil:

I don't mind Tim- just the "mods" that play parent on here. I find it funny how everyone kisses his arse and he in turn uses this info for research.

Congrats on the day job.