Waters and Gonzales not at KC minicamp

Maybe they were told to stay away until the final details of a trade with Buffalo could be hammered out!!! Wishful thinking I know but the Gonzales to the Falcons sure did cool off real quick.

I seriously hope the Bills are all over this situation. Waters would be a great addition to the OL. Gonzo would be AWESOME, but after passing on a chance to come here last year, I don't know if he would change his mind now. One can dream. Maybe we can trade our two 4th rounders for Waters (KC) and Scheffler (Denver).

Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 18, 2009, 1:12 p.m.

The Kansas City Chiefs’ roll call at minicamp today didn’t include either offensive guard Brian Waters or tight end Tony Gonzalez raising their hands and exclaiming: “Hear!”

According to a Twitter report from Kent Babb of the Kansas City Star, neither Waters or Gonzalez is at practice.

Both players have expressed their respective displeasure with the Chiefs this offseason.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 18, 2009, 1:12 p.m.

The Kansas City Chiefs’ roll call at minicamp today didn’t include either offensive guard Brian Waters or tight end Tony Gonzalez raising their hands and exclaiming: “Hear!”

According to a Twitter report from Kent Babb of the Kansas City Star, neither Waters or Gonzalez is at practice.

Both players have expressed their respective displeasure with the Chiefs this offseason.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

I think this is potentially good news. Pioli probably doesn't want to deal with a headache at the beginning of his tenure, they seem to be bringing in a new defense and offense. They probably will want to go the youth route. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gonzalez and Waters get shipped off somewhere. For that matter, I think Dorsey may get shopped around as well. He just doesn't fit their defense as a NT. I usually don't like making references to fits that often, but Dorsey really is not an ideal NT, he needs to be somewhere where he can penetrate and destroy.

I think this is potentially good news. Pioli probably doesn't want to deal with a headache at the beginning of his tenure, they seem to be bringing in a new defense and offense. They probably will want to go the youth route. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gonzalez and Waters get shipped off somewhere. For that matter, I think Dorsey may get shopped around as well. He just doesn't fit their defense as a NT. I usually don't like making references to fits that often, but Dorsey really is not an ideal NT, he needs to be somewhere where he can penetrate and destroy.

Isn't he an ideal end in their 3-4?

Can I be the first one to suggest a completely unrealistic trade of shipping a 2nd and 4th (people love to throw in Parrish on this deal too) for Waters, Gonzo, and Dorsey??

The Kansas City Chiefs’ roll call at minicamp today didn’t include either offensive guard Brian Waters or tight end Tony Gonzalez raising their hands and exclaiming: “Hear!”http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Maybe Gonzalez and Waters said "Here!" and the coaches were listening for "Hear!" so they were counted as absent.

Isn't he an ideal end in their 3-4?

Hell, I don't know. I think good players can find ways to make plays, but I've been hearing a lot of chatter in KC heavily considering Raji. I personally don't think they will draft Raji, I'm thinking their going for the best LT prospect available, but it does show you that there is concern over Dorsey's ability to play NT. I suppose he could be a Chris Canty sort of player at End. The 3-4 end is basically like a 4-3 tackle when the LB is rushing the QB, so I would think he could.

Hell, I don't know. I think good players can find ways to make plays, but I've been hearing a lot of chatter in KC heavily considering Raji. I personally don't think they will draft Raji, I'm thinking their going for the best LT prospect available, but it does show you that there is concern over Dorsey's ability to play NT. I suppose he could be a Chris Canty sort of player at End. The 3-4 end is basically like a 4-3 tackle when the LB is rushing the QB, so I would think he could.

They drafted Brandon Albert last year, who I believe is their LT.

They drafted Brandon Albert last year, who I believe is their LT.

Mayock and Casserlie seem to think that they will go after one of the LT's in this year's draft. Not that Mayock knows everything, but that guy is pretty damn good about knowing who is going to draft who in the 1st round. He did say that having high quality bookend Tackles would be hard for them to pass up.

I seriously hope the Bills are all over this situation. Waters would be a great addition to the OL. Gonzo would be AWESOME, but after passing on a chance to come here last year, I don't know if he would change his mind now. One can dream. Maybe we can trade our two 4th rounders for Waters (KC) and Scheffler (Denver).

They should be all over it....I guess we will see.

They better do something or Jauron should just box up his office now. Waters and a Tight End for 2 4th's would be a start. If they are hell bent on trading Parrish, I'd like to see them package him and #11 to move up with possibly the Raiders and get Curry. Parrish seems like an Al Davis type.

There should be nothing at all stopping the Bills from getting Waters if he is on the block, and the asking price is halfway reasonable. He is better now than Dockery ever was and they gave him a 48 million dollar contract.

It would make life a lot easier for a 1st round OT to play next to a very good and experienced guard.

Will the Bills do something this smart? You tell me. <_<

There should be nothing at all stopping the Bills from getting Waters if he is on the block, and the asking price is halfway reasonable. He is better now than Dockery ever was and they gave him a 48 million dollar contract.

It would make life a lot easier for a 1st round OT to play next to a very good and experienced guard.

Pioli stated this past week that they intend to keep Waters. Of course the Bills said the same about Peters earlier this week.

The 32 year old Waters has three years left on a contract which he wants redone. The top guards (Eric Steinbach, Steve Hutchinson, etc) average over $7 million/year.

The problem with Waters is that he is his own agent, so the tampering that may or may not have greased the Peters trade process cannot occur when the client and the player are the same individual.

Mayock and Casserlie seem to think that they will go after one of the LT's in this year's draft. Not that Mayock knows everything, but that guy is pretty damn good about knowing who is going to draft who in the 1st round. He did say that having high quality bookend Tackles would be hard for them to pass up.

I gotta say, I'm guessing defense for KC.

IMO, there is no way Pioli trades Waters to a AFCE team unless he screws them royally.