Do not slow down Russ, keep on "cleaning" - NICE

Now this is turning into a VERY exciting off season. I give them credit for trying - win or lose.

I'll give the circle jerks credit for one thing: they are determined to fight "unhappy" players under contract. I suppose that could be a sign that they are developing some kind of tradition to be proud of within the Wilson Bills franchise. (I will continue to call the Buffalo Bills the Wilson Bills until the day they lock down a playoff spot. Until that day, Ralph Wilson is accountable for all of these consecutive years out of the postseason!!)

As far as it being "exciting", and giving them credit - win or lose, I do not agree with! Using that 18 Million extra dollars from Toronto to sign T.J. "Who's Your Daddy" to a 6 year deal wold have been exciting to me, as opposed to investing 6.5 Million into one lousy year of renting T.O. Using that 18 Million to extend Peters' contract and making the kid proud and happy would have been exciting to me, as opposed to reading Andy Reid of the Eagles calling Peters the best tackle in football and them paying him his money. Using that 18 Million to extending Freddy Jackson's contract to one that is comparable to other number two backs that were less productive to him would have been exciting to me, as opposed to them using money saved from dumping Peters to bring in Rhodes while Freddy's feelings continue to be hurt.

Yeah, they seem to be trying. The bottom line is, regardless of how excited you are or how excited I'm not, will they just finally make the damn playoffs this year or extend their "streak" to 10 long frustrating years??

trying what??? once again, character and tradition doesn't win football games, talent does

Not to mention if they're trying to build character and tradition, getting rid of disgruntled players isn't the first order or business. I'd say ending the Pacman-esque behavior is more important

trying what??? once again, character and tradition doesn't win football games, talent does

I believe talent, character and tradition all together win football games.....Go ask the New England Patriots....Can you please find out if Tom Brady with3 SB rings is the highest paid (or was he even when he signed his extension) QB in the league. Is Randy Moss the highest paid WR in the league ? Name one player who is the highest paid in the league for the Patriots, Steelers, some of the most successful franchise in the league...

The Steelers won this year in spite of a horrible OL. A patchwork made with rejects, yet they did very well thanks to the play calling, plays made by their QB, and a FANTASTIC defense.......Harrision made the play of the super bowl and took the Defensive Player of the Year to boot and yet took half the guaranteed money of what a Haynesworth received to stay back with the team that was loyal to him....That is character and that is why the Steelers win so often.....

Talent, Coaching, Character all are required to win in the NFL.

Yes, they got T.O. for one year and that same year they will be trying to totally rebuild their offensive line. :D

Any move t he Bills make people will complain about. where was everybody saying good things about him last year during the hold out and before they traded him? The Bills did offer the guy 9.5 mil, per year.

Now this is turning into a VERY exciting off season. I give them credit for trying - win or lose.

Yeah, clean up more of the best guys on the team. Maybe we could clean up Evans, Stroud and Trent next.

This was a loss. Even Brandon would acknowledge this. He felt he was forced into it. It wasn't cleaning, it was acknowledging that the situation had gotten out of hand. And how did that happen?

Any move t he Bills make people will complain about. where was everybody saying good things about him last year during the hold out and before they traded him? The Bills did offer the guy 9.5 mil, per year.

The $9.75 mill offer was purely an internet creation. We never got a source on it, so it was fiction till we hear differently. The last solid figure we have was $7.5 mill.

I assume Brandon will tell us what he offered, to mitigate the bad PR he is recieving. Unless he is hearing amazement from around the league that he offered so little. Then we might never hear any actual figures from Russ.

I'll give the circle jerks credit for one thing: they are determined to fight "unhappy" players under contract. I suppose that could be a sign that they are developing some kind of tradition to be proud of within the Wilson Bills franchise. (I will continue to call the Buffalo Bills the Wilson Bills until the day they lock down a playoff spot. Until that day, Ralph Wilson is accountable for all of these consecutive years out of the postseason!!)

As far as it being "exciting", and giving them credit - win or lose, I do not agree with! Using that 18 Million extra dollars from Toronto to sign T.J. "Who's Your Daddy" to a 6 year deal wold have been exciting to me, as opposed to investing 6.5 Million into one lousy year of renting T.O. Using that 18 Million to extend Peters' contract and making the kid proud and happy would have been exciting to me, as opposed to reading Andy Reid of the Eagles calling Peters the best tackle in football and them paying him his money. Using that 18 Million to extending Freddy Jackson's contract to one that is comparable to other number two backs that were less productive to him would have been exciting to me, as opposed to them using money saved from dumping Peters to bring in Rhodes while Freddy's feelings continue to be hurt.

Yeah, they seem to be trying. The bottom line is, regardless of how excited you are or how excited I'm not, will they just finally make the damn playoffs this year or extend their "streak" to 10 long frustrating years??

Depressingly good post.

TO is a better receiver than Housh. Hands down. Housh has always been a #2 guy and Seattle is going to find out the hard way that they wasted a ton of money. Housh is good, but not TO good. Even now. The TO move was one that most people seem to feel will actually help the team talent wise. As for Peters being the best tackle in football, we'll see. His stats don't bear that out and anyone who watched him play last season saw that he was not as good as he had been. He could turn out to be a great investment for the Eagles, or he could bust.

Contract negotiations are still ongoing with Freddy. I personally think that the team is going to give him a better contract after they get all of their draft picks signed and see how much money there is left to play with. Rhodes was an insurance signing considering that Lynch is likely to be out for three games and they needed to sign someone to the roster who was better than Xavier Oman who has proven to be a waste of a draft pick. Freddy will be the starter on opening day, and will have a contract comparable to that of other backup RBs.

The $9.75 mill offer was purely an internet creation. We never got a source on it, so it was fiction till we hear differently. The last solid figure we have was $7.5 mill.

I assume Brandon will tell us what he offered, to mitigate the bad PR he is recieving. Unless he is hearing amazement from around the league that he offered so little. Then we might never hear any actual figures from Russ.

Was it ESPN fiction too then? I believe that was where the report came from that the Bills had offered him 9.75 mil per season. Regardless, if they did offer him that, it was only .25 mil from what he received from Philly. Do you think that perhaps Peters wanted to leave Buffalo by saying they wanted to start negotiating at 11.5mil with the Bills, and then go off and sign a six year deal for 1.5mil less? Buffalo has shown they are willing to pay to keep solid talent, but they want to see something in return. They told Peters last year they would negotiate a new contract with him after the season, but he needed to show up and play. He showed up, but whether he "played" or not is debatable. Either way, the Bills then did what they said they were going to do. They began negotiating with him, and his absurdly high demands. Buffalo told him they wanted him to show some good faith if they were going to invest in him by coming to the OTAs. He refused and started working on another hold out. Sorry, I just don't think the guy wanted to play here, even after we were the only team that was willing to take a chance on him and make him what he is. This one is not on Russ. This one is on Peters and his agent wanting to go elsewhere, to any team that was willing to "Show him the money."

Was it ESPN fiction too then? I believe that was where the report came from that the Bills had offered him 9.75 mil per season. Regardless, if they did offer him that, it was only .25 mil from what he received from Philly. Do you think that perhaps Peters wanted to leave Buffalo by saying they wanted to start negotiating at 11.5mil with the Bills, and then go off and sign a six year deal for 1.5mil less? Buffalo has shown they are willing to pay to keep solid talent, but they want to see something in return. They told Peters last year they would negotiate a new contract with him after the season, but he needed to show up and play. He showed up, but whether he "played" or not is debatable. Either way, the Bills then did what they said they were going to do. They began negotiating with him, and his absurdly high demands. Buffalo told him they wanted him to show some good faith if they were going to invest in him by coming to the OTAs. He refused and started working on another hold out. Sorry, I just don't think the guy wanted to play here, even after we were the only team that was willing to take a chance on him and make him what he is. This one is not on Russ. This one is on Peters and his agent wanting to go elsewhere, to any team that was willing to "Show him the money."

Agree, thanks for replying before i did. The Bills the best of a bad situation.