According to John Murphy

According to the Bills film study. I'm sure it was all Peters fault and and none of the guy they actually cut.

Film study shows that the left side of the Bills offensive line, Peters and departed guard Derrick Dockery, were responsible for 11 1/2 of the 24 sacks the Bills allowed last year.

http://blogs.wivb.com/category/news-4-buffalo-sports/

He does badmouth Peters for other stuff though, and rightfully so.

It makes me wonder what completely soured him on being with the Bills. Not returning calls to the front office is one thing. Not talking to players is another. Unless the locker room was divided on the hold out. That's pure speculation, but there's so much more to this story.

Except that Edwards and Losman were sacked 38 times. And in the 3 games Peters missed, the Bills' QB's were sacked just 4 times total. So in the games Peters played, the QB's were sacked 34 times. And Dockery was charged with 8.25.

It makes me wonder what completely soured him on being with the Bills. Not returning calls to the front office is one thing. Not talking to players is another. Unless the locker room was divided on the hold out. That's pure speculation, but there's so much more to this story.

We don't know at all that he soured on the Bills. He may have, but no one ever said it, and I think all he wanted was to be paid.

According to the Bills film study. I'm sure it was all Peters fault and and none of the guy they actually cut.

http://blogs.wivb.com/category/news-4-buffalo-sports/

He does badmouth Peters for other stuff though, and rightfully so.

Would you make Peters the highest paid LT after last year and how he handled everything? Because that was the only solution the Peters' camp was offering.

Except that Edwards and Losman were sacked 38 times. And in the 3 games Peters missed, the Bills' QB's were sacked just 4 times total. So in the games Peters played, the QB's were sacked 34 times. And Dockery was charged with 8.25.

That's probably why it is not a real stat. Because a lot of times it is a team breakdown, or one player covering for another, or a guy who wasnt accounted for on a blitz. Frankly, I trust the Bills announcer who said it was the team's film study.

We don't know at all that he soured on the Bills. He may have, but no one ever said it, and I think all he wanted was to be paid.

When I say Bills, I'm referring to his teammates. I wasn't aware that he opted not to play the Denver game that morning. I'm sure it was announced, but not returning calls to teammates seems odd.

I would also think that any player understands fellow players want to get paid, especially with a lower value contract.

Would you make Peters the highest paid LT after last year and how he handled everything? Because that was the only solution the Peters' camp was offering.

Yes.

Unfortunately, and I think he handled it bad and the Bills handled it right. I am not saying he was right to do what he did, he was wrong. You just can't get rid of your few good players and win. And again, if Philly is willing to take this lousy bad guy, we probably should have kept him, or got more for him.

It's arguable whether I would pay him 11.5 million. That may be too much. I would have to think about that more and know a little more info on what we could get to replace him.

That's probably why it is not a real stat. Because a lot of times it is a team breakdown, or one player covering for another, or a guy who wasnt accounted for on a blitz. Frankly, I trust the Bills announcer who said it was the team's film study.

Okay, without knowing what methodology they used, forget the stats. Do you think that Peters played like a top-tier LT last year? I don't, and I've been one of his biggest supporters until now. The "he missed all of the off/pre-season" can only go so far to excusing him. And hearing him talk about being "outhustled" by guys who got sacks on him was disturbing to hear from a guy demanding to be paid like the top LT in the game.

Yes.

Unfortunately, and I think he handled it bad and the Bills handled it right. I am not saying he was right to do what he did, he was wrong. You just can't get rid of your few good players and win. And again, if Philly is willing to take this lousy bad guy, we probably should have kept him, or got more for him.

They took another "lousy bad guy" named TO and it didn't work out too well for them.

Yes.

It's arguable whether I would pay him 11.5 million. That may be too much. I would have to think about that more and know a little more info on what we could get to replace him.

I wanted to pay him at first but he was completely unprofessional. His play was terrible last year, there are doubts about his desire anyways, and he has been getting banged up.

And for all the talk about Philly, they whiffed hard on Justice, drafted a replacement for McNabb with a high 2nd, pissed McNabb off by benching him, and still have yet to get him a big target. Yes, they have been much more successful, but they also have one of the few franchise QBs in the league. That helps immensely.

Okay, without knowing what methodology they used, forget the stats. Do you think that Peters played like a top-tier LT last year? I don't, and I've been one of his biggest supporters until now. The "he missed all of the off/pre-season" can only go so far to excusing him. And hearing him talk about being "outhustled" by guys who got sacks on him was disturbing to hear from a guy demanding to be paid like the top LT in the game.

Actually I think played very good overall. And I keyed on him on replays and watched pretty much every play he made on DVR. Who else did that? I bet they would say the same thing. (I missed two games I think while traveling and only saw it live and not an additional time to study him) There were games that he gave up one sack that posters on here went nuts on him for and said he was horrible. But I watched every single play and he was great, with one mistake. I'm sure the Bills and Eagles saw what I did.

He definitely was not as good as the year before. He definitely started a little slow because he wasnt in game shape. He definitely suffered not having training camp and pre-season and the new offense and new line coach taking over. He definitely let guys fake him out and get to the QB several times that he didnt do the year before (he was RARELY beat around the corner or over-powered the entire season. But he also dominated a lot and played very well the vast, vast, vast majority of the time.

I was hoping that the Bills would resign Peters. It's hard to believe that only a couple of years ago he was estatic with the contract the Bills gave him, which was done while he was already under contract. I usually don't think this way, but JP deserves some bad karma for this. I live in Philly and know that the fans here will eat him alive if he plays the way he did last season. I certainly won't feel bad for him. The Bills deserved better than the way he acted.

Well they got to the Super Bowl. And he was great in it.

And I'm not sure that's a good example to use since we just got TO.

I'm talking about the way it ended in Philly, i.e. in year 2. I'm hoping Peters has a great year this year and gets the Bills the highest conditional pick...and then fails miserably.