Lets face facts about Peters

• He was mediocre at best last year.
  • He gave up 11 sacks including the memorable Losman sack / fumble that cost us the Jet game.
  • He pouted like a baby last year, holding out even though he had two years remaining on his contract (at the beginning of last year)
  • Giving him $11 million was surely no guarantee that he would regain pro bowl form. Yeah, I know he made the pro bowl last year, but that was on reputation. That always happens for OL.

Giving him the huge contract could have easilly made him the next Derrick Dockery. The way the draft is lining up, there will be a good tackle sitting there for us, at a lot cheaper price. There will be a nice LB sitting there for us at 28.

I think this makes us better NEXT YEAR.

I would have had a bigger problem if Peters had returned to dominance that year, despite the time missed. He didn't. And the all-but-ensured holdout would have left the Bills in another bad position. While I wanted them to keep Peters, it had to be for a reasonable contract. The last thing I wanted to see was $11.5M/year and him looking more like 2008 than 2007. At least this way, the Bills get something, get rid of a distraction, and can move on and try and develop Bell.

• He gave up 11 sacks including the memorable Losman sack / fumble that cost us the Jet game.
  • He pouted like a baby last year, holding out even though he had two years remaining on his contract (at the beginning of last year)
  • Giving him $11 million was surely no guarantee that he would regain pro bowl form. Yeah, I know he made the pro bowl last year, but that was on reputation. That always happens for OL.

Giving him the huge contract could have easilly made him the next Derrick Dockery. The way the draft is lining up, there will be a good tackle sitting there for us, at a lot cheaper price. There will be a nice LB sitting there for us at 28.

Those are your "facts?" :wallbash:

He didn't want to be here anymore. So it's best to just cut bait and move on.

It will be interesting to see just how much he wanted out. Reportedly the deal hinges on him working-out a contract with the Eagles. If he takes less than his reported demands of $11.5M/year, he wanted out. And I can't see the Eagles paying him $11.5M a year.

The lone "fact" on there is wrong. At the beginning of last year he had three years remaining on his contract. Now he has (had) two.

That being said, I'm glad Mr. Turnstile is gone.

He didn't want to be here anymore. So it's best to just cut bait and move on.

BS

Where did you come up with this? The situation had NOTHING to do with being here, and EVERYTHING to do with the guy not wanting to be the 21st highest-paid player at his position. He wanted to be paid a huge sum of money; here or somewhere else.

Ok here goes, hopefully without sounding like a jerk (b/c I don't mean to :thumbsup: )...

- Saying he was mediocre is an opinion, not a fact. A fact would be something like this: "The Bills averaged 5.4 yards per carry running over left tackle last season"

- Sacks are not an official stat, so that number doesn't mean much. Also, Peters was engaged with Calvin Pace on the Losman sack. Do you sincerely believe that a professional football team's blocking scheme would have their 340-lb tackle blocking a safety that blitzed from 5 yards off the line of scrimmage?

- Holding out is not "pouting like a baby". It's the only form of leverage that an NFL player has if he wants a raise. Note that he did it quietly and out of the media. Pouting like a baby, in my opinion, would include whining to the media every chance he gets, having his agent spout off in the papers, and generally pissing and moaning about the situation. The guy did NONE of those things, so how did he act like a baby?

- The last time Peters got a contract extension he had his best year-and-a-half stretch of football, there's no reason to think he won't do the same this time.

- According to everything I've seen, all 4 premium OTs will be gone by pick 10, so there probably won't be a good tackle sitting there at 11.