We could have had a 1st and 3rd

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then again, this could be a scenario like how the Pats allegedly didn't want a 1st rounder for Cassel because they cost too much. :wallbash::lol:

Naah! I still say the conditional is probably up to a 3rd, maybe even a 2nd.

If the Bills plan to just hold onto the picks, then I completely agree with you.

But before we fly off the handle, what happens if we take that 4th and package it in a trade for someone?

Lets see:

We could have had these picks: 1,1,2,3,3,4, and traded our 4th, leaving us with: 1,1,2,3,3.

Instead we take their 4th and trade it, leaving us: 1,1,2,3,4. Sure makes sense to me. Why would we want a 3rd rounder when we could have a 4th instead. Oh, i know, we got an extra 6th round pick. SUPERBOWL BABY!!!!! :wallbash:

Lets see:

We could have had these picks: 1,1,2,3,3,4, and traded our 4th, leaving us with: 1,1,2,3,3.

Instead we take their 4th and trade it, leaving us: 1,1,2,3,4. Sure makes sense to me. Why would we want a 3rd rounder when we could have a 4th instead. Oh, i know, we got an extra 6th round pick. SUPERBOWL BABY!!!!! :thumbsup:

Mind boggling! I can only hope that the report is incorrect. If not, this franchise may not make the playoffs for anther 10 years or so.

If this is true, I'd love to know the reasoning behind wanting a 1 and a 4 this year and a 6 or 7 next year instead of a 1 and 3 this year. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

It makes sense as long as you make an outstanding 4th round pick this season!

Come on. I've posted many times how stupid the Bills have been over the years, only having chosen big Mike Williams on Day One of the draft for the OL. I mean ONE lousy first, second or even third round pick spent on the OL in forever, and that ONE pick ended up in the TOP 10 DRAFT FLOPS OF ALL TIME list. Did everyone agree with such an obviously good opinion? Of course not!

I got more then a few posts reminding me how some of the great teams in the NFL today have OL's consisting of late round draft picks and free agents anyway! Teams like the Pats, and Giants for example. More 5th, 6th or 7th rounders or free agents on those excellent lines then day one picks.

So, with that in mind, it becomes a matter of good lucky drafting to take advantage of the extra 6th rounder in 2010, when choosing that 4th rounder next week! If he becomes a contributor quickly, it would off set not taking the 3rd rounder, and set the Bills up with that extra 6th rounder for next year's draft.

Let's face it. 80 Million or more in un-shared revenue from Toronto or not, Wilson's Bills still carry on with the stance that they will NOT pay top money for their players. Whatever the Eagles end up paying Peters, it will obviously be more then the Wilson Bills were willing to part with. They will have to become much better at drafting if Wilson ever wants to watch his team play in a post season game before he dies!

Does anyone know this to be true, or is this just speculative?

Do you think anybody on the face of this Earth, who is the slightest bit interested in football, would rather take a 4th rounder over a 3rd? Because I don't.

Either 1.) This report is untrue, or 2.) There is some other trade/move that is going to happen.

Do you think anybody on the face of this Earth, who is the slightest bit interested in football, would rather take a 4th rounder over a 3rd? Because I don't.

Either 1.) This report is untrue, or 2.) There is some other trade/move that is going to happen.

As I mentioned in my post above, the Pats allegedly eschewed a 1st rounder for Cassel because 2nd rounders are cheaper. And more than a few people bought it, and agreed with it. :thumbsup:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11642184

Just read that the Bills took the 1st and 4th and then the 6th or 7th next year to add flexibility. I would have taken the 1st and 3rd in a second. This just makes me even more mad than I already am

you guys are idiots. the reason you add the extra pick is because they clearly plan on trading up at some point. c'mon...

read between the lines.

now you are thinking... you only add 6th rounders for trade bait, be that this year or next. people say its stupid, but they probably said the same thing when we traded Takeo, Holcomb and Willis for a 5 and 3... oh so stupid just draft picks. except you package those picks for players ie : Marcus Stroud. So stop bashing on the front office everyone. You always add more picks if you can especially if you have the intent to package them for a player or a move up in the draft.

you guys are idiots. the reason you add the extra pick is because they clearly plan on trading up at some point. c'mon...

read between the lines.

maybe we can package the 4th and the 6th rounders to move up into the 3rd round.

Holy Crap we've sucked in the third Round OVER THE LAST 2O YEARS.......

Buffalo Bills Draft History

Rnd Name College Note

1 Leodis McKelvin Troy

2 James Hardy Indiana

3 Chris Ellis Virginia Tech

4 Reggie Corner Akron

4 Derek Fine Kansas

5 Alvin Bowen Iowa State

6 Xavier Omon Northwest Missouri State

7 Demetrius Bell Northwest State (LA)

7 Steve Johnson Kentucky

7 Kennard Cox Pittsburgh

Rnd Name College Note

1 Marshawn Lynch California

2 Paul Posluszny Penn State

3 Trent Edwards Stanford

4 Dwayne Wright Fresno State

6 John Wendling Wyoming

7 Derek Schouman Boise State

7 C.J. Ah You Oklahoma

Rnd Name College Note

1 Donte Whitner Ohio State

1 John McCargo North Carolina State

3 Ashton Youboty Ohio State

4 Ko Simpson South Carolina

5 Kyle Williams Louisiana State

5 Brad Butler Virginia

6 Keith Ellison Oregon State

7 Terrance Pennington New Mexico

7 Aaron Merz California

Rnd Name College Note

2 Roscoe Parrish Miami (FL)

3 Kevin Everett Miami (FL)

4 Duke Preston Illinois

5 Eric King Wake Forest

6 Justin Geisinger Vanderbilt

7 Lionel Gates Louisville

Rnd Name College Note

1 Lee Evans Wisconsin

1 J.P. Losman Tulane

3 Tim Anderson Ohio State

4 Tim Euhus Oregon State

7 Dylan McFarland Montana

7 Jonathan Smith Georgia Tech

Rnd Name College Note

1 Willis McGahee Miami (FL)

2 Chris Kelsay Nebraska

3 Angelo Crowell Virginia

4 Terrence McGee Northwestern State

4 Sam Aiken North Carolina

5 Ben Sobieski Iowa

6 Lauvale Sape Utah

7 Mario Haggan Mississippi State

Rnd Name College Note

1 Mike Williams Texas

2 Josh Reed Louisiana State

2 Ryan Denney Brigham Young

3 Coy Wire Stanford

5 Justin Bannan Colorado

6 Kevin Thomas UNLV

7 Mike Pucillo Auburn

7 Rodney Wright Fresno State

7 Jarrett Ferguson Virginia Tech

7 Dominique Stevenson Tennessee

Rnd Name College Note

1 Nate Clements Ohio State

2 Aaron Schobel Texas Christian

2 Travis Henry Tennessee

3 Ron Edwards Texas A&M

3 Jonas Jennings Georgia

4 Brandon Spoon North Carolina

5 Marques Sullivan Illinois

6 Tony Driver Notre Dame

6 Dan O'Leary Notre Dame

6 Jimmy Williams Vanderbilt

7 Reggie Germany Ohio State

7 Tyrone Robertson Hinds J.C. (MI)

Rnd Name College Note

1 Erik Flowers Arizona State

2 Travares Tillman Georgia Tech

3 Corey Moore Virginia Tech

4 Avion Black Tennessee State

5 Sammy Morris Texas Tech

6 Leif Larsen Texas-El Paso

7 Drew Haddad Buffalo

7 DaShon Polk Arizona

Rnd Name College Note

1 Antoine Winfield Ohio State

2 Peerless Price Tennessee

3 Shawn Bryson Tennessee

4 Keith Newman North Carolina

4 Bobby Collins North Alabama

5 Jay Foreman Nebraska

6 Armon Hatcher Oregon State

7 Sheldon Jackson Nebraska

7 Bryce Fisher Air Force

Rnd Name College Note

2 Sam Cowart Florida State

3 Robert Hicks Mississippi State

5 Jonathan Linton North Carolina

6 Fred Coleman Washington

7 Victor Allotey Indiana

7 Kamil Loud Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo

Third and fourth seem to be about even on hit and misses. After all Tim Anderson was a third round pick and if that doesn't scare you about third rounders then nutttin will!! :thumbsup:

now you are thinking... you only add 6th rounders for trade bait, be that this year or next. people say its stupid, but they probably said the same thing when we traded Takeo, Holcomb and Willis for a 5 and 3... oh so stupid just draft picks. except you package those picks for players ie : Marcus Stroud. So stop bashing on the front office everyone. You always add more picks if you can especially if you have the intent to package them for a player or a move up in the draft.

Well thunk! :thumbsup:

Before we assemble the Lynch mob perhaps we might consider how much stock to put into this report. Personally I'm not taking it for gospel. From Clark Judge's article:

"Initially, one source close to the Eagles said, Buffalo considered making the trade for a first- and third-rounder this year but, in the end, held out for three draft picks to give the Bills more flexibility."

Before we assemble the Lynch mob perhaps we might consider how much stock to put into this report. Personally I'm not taking it for gospel. From Clark Judge's article:

"Initially, one source close to the Eagles said, Buffalo considered making the trade for a first- and third-rounder this year but, in the end, held out for three draft picks to give the Bills more flexibility."

Hey, don't rain on TSW pity party with what might be a bit of common sense.

I'll wait for the facts to come out before I self-flagellate...