Bills now have 3 of the first 42 picks

Max997

I'm now finally excited about this draft

if Oher is there at 11 its a no brainer...he could step right in and play just as good and most likely better then Peters played last year which actually shouldnt be that hard

they could then take the best DE left on the board at 28 or maybe even Pettigrew if he somehow dropped that far, doubtful but you never know

Guest three3

oher, no brain. those words go well together. almost as well as the number three and this team until you consider these two words: linda bogdan

Yippee, I love having more chances for the front office to show what astute talent evaluators they are when it comes to the secondary.

What do you think....CB, S, CB? Or S, CB, CB? Perhaps a WR who can also return punts. Can't have enough targets right?

I'm now finally excited about this draft

if Oher is there at 11 its a no brainer...he could step right in and play just as good and most likely better then Peters played last year which actually shouldnt be that hard

they could then take the best DE left on the board at 28 or maybe even Pettigrew if he somehow dropped that far, doubtful but you never know

You really hope that A. Smith or M Oher drop to 11 you grab them and they compete with Bell and Chambers for LT whoever wins LT the other two then compete for LG.

Guest three3

if oher admitted he was illiterate that would be the first step. i wonder what his excuse will be when he does not watch the movie based on his own life.

How many draft picks are impact players in their rookie season outside of the RB position?

The answer is very few. Draft picks are nice in theory, but we're back to square one: creating an area of need and using the first round pick on it. It's what the Bills have done in 2006, 2007, and most likely in 2009.

Why is that exciting?

That is terrible. How will the Bills improve as a team by drafting Oher at 11? It will be a step back!

I mean jesus christ, it will make the draft more fun to watch, but how does this improve the Bills?

We have a serious issue at the following positions:

TE, DE, OLB, G, C

AND NOW at LT.

So, even with our 3 picks in the top 42, are we really going to fill all of those holes?

The 11th pick in the draft could have been used on the best DE. Now, most likely the pick will be used on an LT. Great. So we essentially traded one of the top 2 LT's in the league in order to draft a rookie at the position. And it needs to be stated, there is no Jake Long or Joe Thomas in this draft! No rookie is going to pop in and be as good as either of those 2. Andre Smith was going to be the Jake Long/Joe Thomas of this draft until he turned out to be a lazy bum. But he is the only one who has a legitimate shot of filling Peters' shoes next year. Does anyone want to take a chance on him at 11? I doubt it.

So great. We have to solve the TE/DE/ OLB with the 28th pick. Wonderful. !@#$ you Buffalo.

DE is only a huge hole if Schobel doesnt come back strong...If Schobel is 90% of what he was or better, we will be ok. We can get LB help in 2nd. We have 3 picks in first 42...we can find some talent all our 3 biggest areas of need, OL, LB, and TE. We may even be able to wait until round 3 for TE allowing us more flexibility with first 3 picks.

Its not a bad deal...lots of talent can be found in first four rounds...

DE is only a huge hole if Schobel doesnt come back strong...If Schobel is 90% of what he was or better, we will be ok. We can get LB help in 2nd. We have 3 picks in first 42...we can find some talent all our 3 biggest areas of need, OL, LB, and TE. We may even be able to wait until round 3 for TE allowing us more flexibility with first 3 picks.

Its not a bad deal...lots of talent can be found in first four rounds...

I appreciate your optimism Alphadawg.

But please tell me the last time the Bills drafted 4 impact players in a draft? More importantly, when was the last time they drafted 4 dominant starters with their first 4 picks? I mean, we had the 28th ranked pass rush in the league. We now have 2 major holes on the OL alone (no G or LT).

We don't need sufficient players, we need dominant players. We have a tough schedule and we play in one of the toughest divisions in the league. We need a dominant TE, a dominant LT and a dominant pass rusher. If we can pull off those 3 in the top 42, I will be content, but we had a much higher chance of pulling it off before when we alread had a top caliber LT and we had the 11th pick to address one of the other 2 major concerns.

But please tell me the last time the Bills drafted 4 impact players in a draft? More importantly, when was the last time they drafted 4 dominant starters with their first 4 picks? I mean, we had the 28th ranked pass rush in the league. We now have 2 major holes on the OL alone (no G or LT).

We don't need sufficient players, we need dominant players. We have a tough schedule and we play in one of the toughest divisions in the league. We need a dominant TE, a dominant LT and a dominant pass rusher. If we can pull off those 3 in the top 42, I will be content, but we had a much higher chance of pulling it off before when we alread had a top caliber LT and we had the 11th pick to address one of the other 2 major concerns.

Donte Whitner, Ko Simpson, Kyle Williams, Keith Ellison, Brad Butler (that's five). For better or worse, all starters. And I didn't count Youboty.

Would you consider packaging both 1st rounders to move up to get a stud OT???

NO. I don't want to see any trade ups at any point in the draft. We traded up for Losman and McCargo which we busted on twice and also traded up for Poz who gets an incomplete/mediocre grade at this point.

Would you consider packaging both 1st rounders to move up to get a stud OT???

Yea i would although id go linebacker and get Curry instead.I think the Bills would have paid Peters if they knew they had absolutely nothing behind him(Bell).But im beginingto think Bell might be able to play.I think this is a move to get Curry

I see where you are coming from, but we have done a pretty good job in last couple of years in the draft IMO. No one ever gets it 100% right, but we did pretty good in last couple of years.

Yippee, I love having more chances for the front office to show what astute talent evaluators they are when it comes to the secondary.

What do you think....CB, S, CB? Or S, CB, CB? Perhaps a WR who can also return punts. Can't have enough targets right?

How about an injured running back who we can wait a year for?

How many draft picks are impact players in their rookie season outside of the RB position?

The answer is very few. Draft picks are nice in theory, but we're back to square one: creating an area of need and using the first round pick on it. It's what the Bills have done in 2006, 2007, and most likely in 2009.

On the plus side, this trade should be the final nail in jauron's coffin in buffalo. i dont see how he survives our impending 5 win (max) season.

How about an injured running back who we can wait a year for?

Have to admit I was wrong there. I thought McGahee would be one of the all-time greats, based on college production. Didn't realize he had a $0.02 head.