Peters wanted to leave....

SKOOBY

He was never going to stay after we played hard ball with him last year, this was inevitable.

How do you know that? You don't think if the Bills said "OK" to one of the multiple contract proposals Parker and Peters presented, he would not have signed?

The bills are a cheap ass organization with a full-blown commitment to mediocrity.

Peters is a lazy player who will never live up to his athletic potential. I wish we would have got more in return,but it's time to move on.

Lazy player but wanted more in return?

What kinda math is that?

This is probably true, however, you'd think the FO would get someone who knows how to negotiate. Because they just got schooled. We traded away (arguably) the top LT in the game and got ¢hit for compensation. Un-freaking-believable.
LOLOLOLOLOL

you have got to be kidding me?????? he is nowhere near being the top LT. I could outblock him :wallbash:

How do you know that? You don't think if the Bills said "OK" to one of the multiple contract proposals Parker and Peters presented, he would not have signed?

The bills are a cheap ass organization with a full-blown commitment to mediocrity.

Philly gave him $10 M a year and that is about what we offered him, how I knew is not relevant.

This is probably true, however, you'd think the FO would get someone who knows how to negotiate. Because they just got schooled. We traded away (arguably) the top LT in the game and got ¢hit for compensation. Un-freaking-believable.

i wanted more but he's not a top 20 ot

I've been wanting us to sign Peters just as much as anyone, but I think the devil is in the details. $10 Million a year contract, we were reportedly offering something similar, and according to both camps, they were far apart. That tells me that Peters did not want to play in Buffalo, and the notion of that even up to yesterday to me seemed absurd.

Now I think that is exactly what it was.

The whole "best LT of NFL" comment is a bit too much....Peters was a good LT, but did not play at the best level...I think the best LTs protect their QBs much better...

The whole "best LT of NFL" comment is a bit too much....Peters was a good LT, but did not play at the best level...I think the best LTs protect their QBs much better...

We will all be laughing (sarcasm) after we see how well he protects McNabb without Dockery next to him. I suspect that the Peters haters on this board will then say (as someone already has) that they do not want to come to this board to talk about players from other teams or some other similar comment.

I've been wanting us to sign Peters just as much as anyone, but I think the devil is in the details. $10 Million a year contract, we were reportedly offering something similar, and according to both camps, they were far apart. That tells me that Peters did not want to play in Buffalo, and the notion of that even up to yesterday to me seemed absurd.

Now I think that is exactly what it was.

Maybe the Bills didn't want to give him the "guaranteed money" he was looking for. Didn't Philly give him $20 mil. guaranteed? This trade still doesn't make sense to me. Andy Reid called him the best LT in the league and you don't trade the best LT in the league. The Bills need to learn how to build a championship from Bill Parcells. He didn't draft the best player available in last year's draft, he took the best LT in the draft. Parcells philosophy is to build from the inside out. OBD get a clue, please.

Maybe the Bills didn't want to give him the "guaranteed money" he was looking for. Didn't Philly give him $20 mil. guaranteed? This trade still doesn't make sense to me. Andy Reid called him the best LT in the league and you don't trade the best LT in the league. The Bills need to learn how to build a championship from Bill Parcells. He didn't draft the best player available in last year's draft, he took the best LT in the draft. Parcells philosophy is to build from the inside out. OBD get a clue, please.

When Andy Reid paid 60M for a guy, what do you expect him to say.....He will say that Peters is the BEST LT in the game.