Trade looks done......

GOEBUX

doubt it, but you put owens,evans,and boldin out there together, and have the tight end work double teams. offense would be unstoppable

Not without a line to block for them. This offensive line could (will) be a disaster.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To me this is a worse day for Buffalo sports than July 1st 2007 when Drury and Briere left. I mean the line has struggled for years. They luck in to a PRO BOWL LT and they trade him... for pretty much nothing. The worst thing is that this front office has no idea how to draft a legit playmaker. I bet they'll pick a S at 11 and a CB at 28.

Sometimes I wish it was easy to just switch teams. Why the hell do we invest time, energy and money in these idiots?!

Totally agree with this.

Not if we get Dominic Rhodes.

Rhodes plays OL as well? Sign him up!

So given John Guy's track record, you're counting on Hangartner being good?

Considering what I've read from Panthers fans, versus what I read from them about Reyes, Vikes fans about Fowler, and Redskins fans about Dockery (who have probably since changed their tune, after the Skins re-signed him), yes.

Last year our pass protection was damn near excellent with Walker at LT and Chambers at RT. Not to mention, Bell seems to be progressing very well.

Now we've got two 1st round picks, a 2nd, a 3rd, and two 4th rounders. That is some serious ammo that could be used to improve this team. Let's see how we come out with those picks before we get upset.

Also, the conditional next year interests me. You KNOW Peters is going to make the Pro Bowl regardless of how well he plays, so would that pick turn into a 2nd? a 3rd?

The problem with this deal is not what they got. The problem is they botched the whole situation 14 months ago after Peters went to his first Pro Bowl and they refused to re-do his deal. Yes, in a perfect world, players would play out the contracts they sign and the Bills would reap the benefits of having a Pro Bowl LT at a discount price. But in the REAL WORLD of the NFL, if you really want to compete for championships, it doesn't work that way. If they had played ball with him at the end of 2007, they would now have him at less than what Carolina payed Gross. Did they think they price of a top LT would actually go DOWN if they waited?

Yeah, I know, they take care of the guys who show up to OTAs and minicamps and such like Schobel and Kelsay and Evans and Stroud ... great. So in essence, to prove a point, they gave Kelsay $32 million for SHOWING UP IN APRIL while they pissed off their best player ... leading to him sitting out training camp and playing like crap all season. Which hurt whom? The team. Peters is getting his money, it didn't hurt him.

They screwed the pooch 14 months ago, probably just because Russ Brandon was new on the job and didn't want to be pereceived as weak and a pushover. Great.

Given the situation, what they did today was the right move. It had to be done and they probably got fair return. But it should never have some to this.

Huh? And why is that?

Ask the Eagles who know a lot more about talent evaluation and contracts and winning, who just paid a #1, a #4, another pick and about to pay him 11+ mil a year. That's all you need to know.

He also didn't suck last year if you actually watched him on every play, which I am positive the Bills did and the Eagles did.

Last year our pass protection was damn near excellent with Walker at LT and Chambers at RT. Not to mention, Bell seems to be progressing very well.

Now we've got two 1st round picks, a 2nd, a 3rd, and two 4th rounders. That is some serious ammo that could be used to improve this team. Let's see how we come out with those picks before we get upset.

Also, the conditional next year interests me. You KNOW Peters is going to make the Pro Bowl regardless of how well he plays, so would that pick turn into a 2nd? a 3rd?

Yeah, for the whole 1 game that they played those positions.

For the last 2 games, Chambers played LT. Sure, the pass protection was fine against Denver, but Denver's defense was abysmal. Against NE in Week 17, Buffalo threw the ball a total of 25 times and gave up 2 sacks (both by Jarvis Green against Walker at RT).

Also, how is it possible that "Bell seems to be progressing very well" when he hasn't played a down of football in a regular season NFL game and the team hasn't had a full-contact practice in over 4 months?

Ans, I like you man. You are a solid poster, and we share a common trade (draft), but c'mon...