GOEBUX

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The second day pick better be a third! <_<

Remains to be seen, if it's indeed a done deal - Peters' actions, and that of his agent didn't exactly make him a "clean deal" type of player. PHI likely included deal-voiding language if things can't be hammered out. I'd be surprised if a 3rd was offered by PHI.

But you never know.

No proven NFL players? <_<

I would call Langston Walker pretty good. It's arguable whether he is a solid proven player. Some would say yes, some no.

Brad Butler is average, unproven, and injury prone.

Hangartner is an unknown commodity and unproven, a career back-up forced into a starting role. He may be good, or even very good but right now he is utterly unproven.

We don't even have a LG or a LT or a TE.

I would call Langston Walker pretty good. It's arguable whether he is a solid proven player. Some would say yes, some no.

Brad Butler is average, unproven, and injury prone.

Hangartner is an unknown commodity and unproven, a career back-up forced into a starting role. He may be good, or even very good but right now he is utterly unproven.

We don't even have a LG or a LT or a TE.

Butler is far better than "average" and has missed less games the past 2 years (as a starter) than Peters has. Hangartner has starting experience and the Carolina offense didn't miss a beat with him. All three (including Walker) are proven NFL players. Now LG and LT are a different story.

Typical Bills move. No clue as always.

Great, you got yourselves a nice toy in TO, but Trent won't have a chance to get the ball downfield to him...His head was on a swivel with Peters...Who is blocking for him?

Over/under on starts by Fitzpatrick after Trent gets injured..I say 5

Terrible deal. Just terrible.

Meet Andre Smith, your new LT for the buffalo bills.

Well, I guess I am among the very few -

I won't miss the holdout

I won't miss the 11.5 sacks

I won't miss paying him $10-11 mil per season

I really thought the offensive line play last year dropped precipitously right when Butler went down and played well in weeks 1-2 without Peters.

In my opinion, he was not worth it and I think the eagles are crazy to give up a 1st rounder+ and pay the guy 7 digits in salary too.

My 2 cents and I realize I am in the minority here.

As to the draft,

So let's see if I have this right. This morning, we had a Pro Bowl LT and were in a position to use the 11th overall pick on a passrusher or playmaking TE. Now, we have no LT (or LG), and we'll have to use the 11th pick on a fat, unproven LT. We'll have to wait to 28 to try to shore up the defensive front seven. God I hate this franchise.

Yep, the Bills motto should be "just be mediocre baby"

Butler is far better than "average" and has missed less games the past 2 years (as a starter) than Peters has. Hangartner has starting experience and the Carolina offense didn't miss a beat with him. All three (including Walker) are proven NFL players. Now LG and LT are a different story.

Would you have called Melvin Fowler a proven NFL player before he signed here? Or Tutan Reyes?

I guess we simply have a different definition of "unproven". Fair enough.

How about we have no "good players". <_<

Would you have called Melvin Fowler a proven NFL player before he signed here? Or Tutan Reyes?

I guess we simply have a different definition of "unproven". Fair enough.

How about we have no "good players". <_<

Okay. Might as well cancel the season.

Nooooo!!!! F$%k sh*t organization! A first round f*cking pick and some crap 2nd day pick for a 2x pro bowl LT? Pay him the friggin money. I hate this chickens*t organization!!

Brandon just got bent over by the Eagles cause Ralph is a cheap ass mofo

10 million I think would have kept him a Bill

Now do you think Trent Edwards is gonna make it all 16 games??

Hell naw

I hope it works out for the Bills I really do but it these types of moves that make you ask yourself why we buy tickets anyway?

I'm not upset that Peters is leaving, but I thought we would have gotten a 1st and 3rd for this years draft as opposed to the 1st and 4th. We'll just have to wait and see how the third pick we got falls - hopefully get something decent!

This definitely changes draft priorities. A team can't function without blindside protection on the QB so that has to be addressed at 11. There was a lot of talk about not wanting to draft a TE or C as high as 11 (and I agree) - would this be the ideal spot to try to make those picks? Pettigrew, Mack, or Unger COULD still be available.

To me this is a worse day for Buffalo sports than July 1st 2007 when Drury and Briere left. I mean the line has struggled for years. They luck in to a PRO BOWL LT and they trade him... for pretty much nothing. The worst thing is that this front office has no idea how to draft a legit playmaker. I bet they'll pick a S at 11 and a CB at 28.

Sometimes I wish it was easy to just switch teams. Why the hell do we invest time, energy and money in these idiots?!