Why I Am A Bills Fan

NyQuil

A lot of people have asked me about being a Giants fan and a Bills fan, so here is the story.

Yes my signature says "Resident Giants Fan" truthfully. I was born in a family where it is Giants and Yankees. The grandparents could care less about hockey. I grew up in Rochester (which is why I am a Sabres fans) where almost everyone is a Bills fan although there is a surprising strong contingent of Dolphins fans. I noticed a lot of Cowboys fans growing up but that was at the peak of their success so I'll attribute the fan base to that.

To further cement my Giants fandom I have a picture of me shoveling snow wearing one of those ridiculous Starter jackets that everyone wanted in the early 90s with the front pocket. No, that picture will never be placed on here. I remember watching the Giants/Bills Super Bowl and closing my eyes during the Norwood kick (Sorry) thinking the Giants had lost. The three Super Bowls after that I went to a family friend's house (Bills fans) to watch the game and rooted for them but nothing came of it.

Fast forward to 2000 as I enter UB as a freshman. I spent Sundays hoping the Giants would be on UB cable and razzing my Buffalo native friends when their team would fail. I never had a reason to dislike the Bills but I was indifferent to them. Sometime during the Giants last Super Bowl run I mentioned that I had never been to any NFL game. A friend of mine (fellow Giants fan) split Bills season tickets with someone and said I could go to a couple in 2008.

Fast forward to 2008 and the Seattle Seahawks opener. We rolled into the parking lots at Ralph Wilson Stadium at 8am and immediately I felt under-dressed in my UB Bulls shirt. Ten minutes and $50 later I was wearing a Fletcher jersey. Then madness unfolded for the next four and a half hours at the tailgate before waiting forever to get in the stadium and missing the flyover. Anyone who has ever been to a game knows what I am talking about. The sense of community and family at that tailgate was something I had never seen in all my years in Buffalo. At that moment I realized what the Bills meant to the community. The same held true during the game.

What turned into one game to say I had been to an NFL game turned into going to every single one except for the Chargers. It turned me into a Bills fan (a Bills/Giants Super Bowl rematch would make me :thumbsup: ) which I never expected to happen. It caused me to get season tickets for this upcoming year.

Anyway in summation, I can't wait to see all of you in September. Lets go Bills on Three...1...2...3...

The sense of community and family at that tailgate was something I had never seen in all my years in Buffalo. At that moment I realized what the Bills meant to the community. The same held true during the game.

I've said it many times that anyone that has been to Ralph/Rich Stadium and doesn't at least have a somewhat warm feeling for the Bills and their fans simply has no soul.

I've said it many times that anyone that has been to Ralph/Rich Stadium and doesn't at least have a somewhat warm feeling for the Bills and their fans simply has no soul.

Trust me it was an eye opener.

A lot of people have asked me about being a Giants fan and a Bills fan, so here is the story.

Yes my signature says "Resident Giants Fan" truthfully. I was born in a family where it is Giants and Yankees. The grandparents could care less about hockey. I grew up in Rochester (which is why I am a Sabres fans) where almost everyone is a Bills fan although there is a surprising strong contingent of Dolphins fans. I noticed a lot of Cowboys fans growing up but that was at the peak of their success so I'll attribute the fan base to that.

To further cement my Giants fandom I have a picture of me shoveling snow wearing one of those ridiculous Starter jackets that everyone wanted in the early 90s with the front pocket. No, that picture will never be placed on here. I remember watching the Giants/Bills Super Bowl and closing my eyes during the Norwood kick (Sorry) thinking the Giants had lost. The three Super Bowls after that I went to a family friend's house (Bills fans) to watch the game and rooted for them but nothing came of it.

Fast forward to 2000 as I enter UB as a freshman. I spent Sundays hoping the Giants would be on UB cable and razzing my Buffalo native friends when their team would fail. I never had a reason to dislike the Bills but I was indifferent to them. Sometime during the Giants last Super Bowl run I mentioned that I had never been to any NFL game. A friend of mine (fellow Giants fan) split Bills season tickets with someone and said I could go to a couple in 2008.

Fast forward to 2008 and the Seattle Seahawks opener. We rolled into the parking lots at Ralph Wilson Stadium at 8am and immediately I felt under-dressed in my UB Bulls shirt. Ten minutes and $50 later I was wearing a Fletcher jersey. Then madness unfolded for the next four and a half hours at the tailgate before waiting forever to get in the stadium and missing the flyover. Anyone who has ever been to a game knows what I am talking about. The sense of community and family at that tailgate was something I had never seen in all my years in Buffalo. At that moment I realized what the Bills meant to the community. The same held true during the game.

What turned into one game to say I had been to an NFL game turned into going to every single one except for the Chargers. It turned me into a Bills fan (a Bills/Giants Super Bowl rematch would make me :wallbash: ) which I never expected to happen. It caused me to get season tickets for this upcoming year.

Anyway in summation, I can't wait to see all of you in September. Lets go Bills on Three...1...2...3...

Nice!! As for me it was easy...I was born in Millard Fillmore Hospital...Doc slapped my ass and I was crying. Been crying most of the time since... :lol: