"And if it was One, Two, Three or Four games in Toronto"

Lv-Bills

Ummm, yeah ok................now the politicians are even starting to give up. Which Western NY'ers do you think would breathe relief of 4 games in Toronto???

From the story....

"I think the community would say, ‘We want there to be a Buffalo Bills,' " Erie County executive Chris Collins said in an interview with the National Post last year. "How many games that would be played here versus Toronto becomes a negotiation, perhaps, over time. But I would say the overriding decision is to keep them here in some fashion. And if it was one, two, three or four games in Toronto, with four, five, six or seven here in Buffalo, I think most western New Yorkers would breathe a sigh of relief."

Unreal. Way to go Chris, you gutless Fugg.

Ummm, yeah ok................now the politicians are even starting to give up. Which Western NY'ers do you think would breathe relief of 4 games in Toronto???

From the story....

"I think the community would say, ‘We want there to be a Buffalo Bills,' " Erie County executive Chris Collins said in an interview with the National Post last year. "How many games that would be played here versus Toronto becomes a negotiation, perhaps, over time. But I would say the overriding decision is to keep them here in some fashion. And if it was one, two, three or four games in Toronto, with four, five, six or seven here in Buffalo, I think most western New Yorkers would breathe a sigh of relief."

Unreal. Way to go Chris, you gutless Fugg.

Fugg that. Better to have an empty stadium and no football, right?

PTR

Fugg that. Better to have an empty stadium and no football, right?

PTR

To me, yeah kinda. Hell, why not just give them 7 regular season games and we keep one. While we are at it, why not just send the rest of the business still in Buffalo up there too.

Then, Buffalo could just be one big homeless ghetto, where everyone moves away or is homeless. All I know, is that if I lived there, and the politicians that represented me were this gutless, I'd be beyond pissed.

I work for local government. We are also in a recession, but are actively still pursuing economic development in a very aggressive manner. While my area continues to always try and get more, Buffalo seems content and just letting everything just go away.....either without a fight, or by just making excuses because of the circumstances they are in.

If those of you who think the Buffalo region is irrelevant now, just wait until the Bills are gone. They are the regions last saving grace between the spotlight and Toledo or Akron Ohio twins.

I love the Bills, the people of Buffalo, and the blue collar nature of the area. What makes me sick though, is the defeatist attitude of the region as a whole.

If you think the games will stop at four, you are turning your head. If this series ever approaches four games, the team is gone. And soon.

Makes me sick. I've been to the Bills - Jets game with my best friend for the last 19 years in a row. That won't happen this year because of this horsecrap.

If the Toronto area was rabid about the Bills like Milwaukee was rabid about the Packers, it would be different. Toronto is just faking it's interest in the Bills in order to eventually take them away.

4 Home Games a year for the Bills and 12 on the road in the near future. Yeah, sounds great. :thumbsup: Next will be any or all playoff games and they'll be awarded a Superbowl.

Gee, won't that be great. But hey, at least there will be football in Buffalo right?

To me, yeah kinda. Hell, why not just give them 7 regular season games and we keep one. While we are at it, why not just send the rest of the business still in Buffalo up there too.

Then, Buffalo could just be one big homeless ghetto, where everyone moves away or is homeless. All I know, is that if I lived there, and the politicians that represented me were this gutless, I'd be beyond pissed.

I work for local government. We are also in a recession, but are actively still pursuing economic development in a very aggressive manner. While my area continues to always try and get more, Buffalo seems content and just letting everything just go away.....either without a fight, or by just making excuses because of the circumstances they are in.

If those of you who think the Buffalo region is irrelevant now, just wait until the Bills are gone. They are the regions last saving grace between the spotlight and Toledo or Akron Ohio twins.

I love the Bills, the people of Buffalo, and the blue collar nature of the area. What makes me sick though, is the defeatist attitude of the region as a whole.

If you think the games will stop at four, you are turning your head. If this series ever approaches four games, the team is gone. And soon.

Makes me sick. I've been to the Bills - Jets game with my best friend for the last 19 years in a row. That won't happen this year because of this horsecrap.

If the Toronto area was rabid about the Bills like Milwaukee was rabid about the Packers, it would be different. Toronto is just faking it's interest in the Bills in order to eventually take them away.

4 Home Games a year for the Bills and 12 on the road in the near future. Yeah, sounds great. :thumbsup: Next will be any or all playoff games and they'll be awarded a Superbowl.

Gee, won't that be great. But hey, at least there will be football in Buffalo right?

You know there is "defeatist" and then there is "realist."

The fact is that Buffalo has little leverage in keeping the Bills. Petitions, writing congress, none of it will amount to hill of crap. Luckily we have some friends in the NFL. Roger Goodell is one, I believe. But Goodell answers to the owners, and they expect him to make the NFL money.

So somewhere someone hatches a plan to share the Bills with Toronto. It's not a perfect plan but it keeps the Bills connected to Buffalo, even if only partially. It's called a compromise. And if you want to complain about it keep in mind that the NFL is under no obligation to play even one game in Buffalo.

The NFL is an expensive club. In fact not only will the Bills wind up with fewer home games, expect tickets to double in price as well. But that's what it costs. Go to New England, Dallas, Washington, or New York and see for yourself. And if Buffalo fans balk, well maybe they can't support the Bills.

As for keeping it to 4-5 games, there are no guaratees in life, but this is one area our elected officials can apply some pressure. Make the NFL commit (as long as certain economic conditions are met) that Buffalo would never have fewer than X games.

I don't know when you lived in Buffalo, if you ever did, but if you think what Virginia is going though bears any resemblance to what Buffalo has endured for the last 30-40 years you are sadly mistaken. It's easy to throw stones at Buffalo when you're not there.

PTR