Ohio government

It doesn't say what it will cost to have the inmates do the job...I guess it's just tranferring the cost from one place to another. Nothing is free, ever.

Yes, I'm sure we all agree it costs as much to hire the prisoners as it does to hire the union staff.

Jesus, you are some special kind of being.

Well, it does seem like it costs a lot more to house prisoners than it does union workers. <_<

Well for now. We don't pay for union employees housing........yet. Soon come. I mean you were the one complaining we were expecting too much from the Big O too soon. :devil:

Yes, I'm sure we all agree it costs as much to hire the prisoners as it does to hire the union staff.

Jesus, you are some special kind of being.

Coming from a dumb !@#$ing idiot like you, maybe Jesus will take pity and answer.

I do not know what it costs but I presume there are: transportation costs, guard costs, and more. Janitors being so highly-paid and all [sarcasm here, since you are such a DFI] I cannot fathom the delta being so HUGE in terms of savings, except that the costs may roll to a different budget hence keeping this cost center looking "better". Certainly the housing, medical and other operating cost attributable to the prison system are not going to be charged against this project. Those are costs that are already being incurred.

The real question is "what does Sheriff Joe think?". He's the expert. Personally - if the state has no money to pay their workers, and if the union won't negotiate, then this is not a bad solution assuming the work to be done is essential and the public can be protected. Certainly it's returning some benefit to the tax-paying public for feeding and housing these people.

Coming from a dumb !@#$ing idiot like you, maybe Jesus will take pity and answer.

Outstanding contribution. Just outstanding. It's no wonder your opinion is so highly valued here. Keep up the good work!

My favorite part is how you admit you have no idea what anything costs, however you conclude that I'm a "dumb !@#$ing idiot" because my opinion differs from yours! <_<

Depends on how many of those union workers' homes you and are I paying for right now.

Preisoners will be paid 100 dollars a month. Max a prisoner can make. I am sure the union cleaning crew was making at least 40 times that amount.

Preisoners will be paid 100 dollars a month. Max a prisoner can make. I am sure the union cleaning crew was making at least 40 times that amount.

Not to mention that the union workers probably needed custom made $150 brooms and mops with sure-grip dr scholls padded handles.

Outstanding contribution. Just outstanding. It's no wonder your opinion is so highly valued here. Keep up the good work!

My favorite part is how you admit you have no idea what anything costs, however you conclude that I'm a "dumb !@#$ing idiot" because my opinion differs from yours! :wallbash:

No, I concluded that you are DFI because I never SAID I knew what things cost and instead of discussing it, you attacked me personally, as always. I could say the sky was blue and you'd puke all over it. So I see no point in trying to be civil with you. Now do me a favor and block me.

No, I concluded that you are DFI because I never SAID I knew what things cost and instead of discussing it, you attacked me personally, as always. I could say the sky was blue and you'd puke all over it. So I see no point in trying to be civil with you. Now do me a favor and block me.

When you imply that using prisoners versus using union help is just shifting the money, you are going to get criticized because it's a ridiculous comment. And I regret I can not put you on ignore because there are too many serious things happening in the world these days and I need to get my laughs from someplace.

When you imply that using prisoners versus using union help is just shifting the money, you are going to get criticized because it's a ridiculous comment. And I regret I can not put you on ignore because there are too many serious things happening in the world these days and I need to get my laughs from someplace.

What part of the word "guess" don't you understand? That's the word I used. I stated nothing as fact - not knowing, all I could do is guess.

That is opposed to stating something as a fact without any real proof of its veracity.

Even a DFI would know the difference if he wasn't a bona fide pinhead who is bound and determined to stomp on someone just because he doesn't like his or her politics.

No more than they're currently getting paid to have these guys just sitting on their asses. I think that's the point.

Doubt that. There's transportation and security costs, at least, that I expect the prison would be reimbursed for. I also can't imagine that it's as simple as "Hey, send us seven guys from minimum security" - there's administrative issues with defining the type and length of service, what kinds of liability are assumed by whom (and who carries what insurance against it), and it's not being paid out of petty cash, it's got to be budgeted, so the basic long-term cost structure has to be defined somewhere.

It's definitely more than the $100/mo VABills implies it is. The prison will be getting a LOT more than that.

Doubt that. There's transportation and security costs, at least, that I expect the prison would be reimbursed for. I also can't imagine that it's as simple as "Hey, send us seven guys from minimum security" - there's administrative issues with defining the type and length of service, what kinds of liability are assumed by whom (and who carries what insurance against it), and it's not being paid out of petty cash, it's got to be budgeted, so the basic long-term cost structure has to be defined somewhere.

It's definitely more than the $100/mo VABills implies it is. The prison will be getting a LOT more than that.

Sorry you're right, we're dealing with the government here.

Sorry you're right, we're dealing with the government here.

Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if this deal had to go through some sort of prison-owned corporation, for tax, liability, and contractual purposes. At the very least they're moving money from line-item to line-item in the budget, which requires some sort of negotiation so that both people can show a "profit" (the prison system says "Look! We saved taxpayer money by contracting out prisoners as help!", whatever department owns the building says "Look! We saved taxpayer money by contracting prisoners!" Both sides have to negotiate a deal where they both get to say that.)

Not saying it's right...just saying it's the friggin' government.