Can Orakpo slide down to us??

Who Knows I saw one draft where Curry slides down to us- I'm rooting for for the teams ahead of us to take QBs, WRs DBs, and RBs- I saw one draft where Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman , Crabtree, Macklin, Jenkins and Wells were all taken in the top ten + Curry, J Smith, E Monroe- which basically gave us the choice of Raji, A. Smith, M Oher, Orakpo, Tyson Jackson, E Brown and anything else- of course I've seen other mocks where most of the Players I want are gone.

per eastcoastsports.com

I doubt it will happen but this mock has some sense to it

Not only do I think it's possible, I think it's down-right likely.

As I've said, what I'm hearing is that all 4 OTs will go in the top 10 picks, so that makes my estimated top 10 look like this (in no particular order):

M. Stafford

M. Sanchez

J. Smith

E. Monroe

A. Smith

M. Oher

M. Crabtree

J. Maclin

A. Curry

B. Raji

So there's Buffalo at 11, with their choice of E. Brown or B. Orakpo. I say they go with...neither, because I don't like the long-term prospect of either player all that much. I'd vastly prefer B. Cushing, who I think is a true impact OLB.

I dont think you will see Macklin going near the top 10. He is a Flyer, like a Ted Ginn. I dont think you will see a team draft a Ted Ginn in the top 10 again, even if he is more polished. I doubt you see two QBs go as well. Det needs one, and you could argue that the Rams, 9ers, Seahawks, and in a long stretch Jax need one, but considered their other options. Rams, they need an LT a lot more than a QB. Same goes for the Seahawks and 9ers. The Seahawks also need D help and a WR. Jax is a team built on D and has a capable QB in Garrard. Do you see Singletary makeing the sexy pick of a flashy QB? No way, he will take a big fella or D stud. Brown or Orakpo are my guess for the 9ers. Detroits new coach is the former DC of Tenn and before that their D line coach. I bet the Lions target the line as well. Barring a trade up I doubt 2 QBs go that early.

Not only do I think it's possible, I think it's down-right likely.

As I've said, what I'm hearing is that all 4 OTs will go in the top 10 picks, so that makes my estimated top 10 look like this (in no particular order):

M. Stafford

M. Sanchez

J. Smith

E. Monroe

A. Smith

M. Oher

M. Crabtree

J. Maclin

A. Curry

B. Raji

So there's Buffalo at 11, with their choice of E. Brown or B. Orakpo. I say they go with...neither, because I don't like the long-term prospect of either player all that much. I'd vastly prefer B. Cushing, who I think is a true impact OLB.

Boy I don't think I could hate an outcome more.

At 11 it seems to me that we have a lot going for us. Specifically if teams draft as expected 1-10 an auction for our pick could take place from teams that either want to grab an OT or a QB.

If the "expected" draft scenario gets screwed up by teams taking any combination of:

1. both QBs

2. 3+ Offensive Lineman

3. Any DB

4. Any RB

5. Tyson Jackson

6. 2+ WRs

If more than one of the above things happens, it should push one or more guys that we could be targeting (orakpo, brown, maybin etc) down to us. I always feel best when we have our pick of the litter at a position (the way we did with McKelvin last year). However, that does not mean that I think picking Pettigrew is a no-brainer.

Thoughts?