NBC Brass Muzzling CNBC

THE top suits and some of the on-air talent at CNBC were recently ordered to a top-secret meeting with General Electric CEO Jeffrey Immelt and NBC Universal President Jeff Zucker to discuss whether they've turned into the President Obama-bashing network, Page Six has learned.

"It was an intensive, three-hour dinner at 30 Rock which Zucker himself was behind," a source familiar with the powwow told us. "There was a long discussion about whether CNBC has become too conservative and is beating up on Obama too much. There's great concern that CNBC is now the anti-Obama network. The whole meeting was really kind of creepy."

One topic under the microscope, our insider said, was on-air CNBC editor Rick Santelli's rant two months ago about staging a "Chicago Tea Party" to protest the president's bailout programs -- an idea that spawned tax protest tea parties in other big cities, infuriating the White House. Oddly, Santelli was not at the meeting, while Jim Cramer was, noted our source, who added that no edict was ultimately handed down by the network chieftains.

CNBC flack Brian Steel confirmed the get-together, but insisted: "The dinner was to thank CNBC for a job well done in our in-depth reporting throughout the financial crisis. As far as our coverage is concerned, we are built for balance and we are unabashedly pro-investor."

Our source retorted: "That is complete bull[bleep] . . . they didn't invite a lot of people to [the meeting]. There were many staffers who were working 24/7 during the crisis who weren't asked to attend, even Santelli, who was a big star for the network during those weeks. Why not?"

In addition, the insider said: "News of the meeting is starting to leak out and people are contacting a number of the on-air people to ask if they've been muzzled by GE.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04162009/gossi...hing_164608.htm

THE top suits and some of the on-air talent at CNBC were recently ordered to a top-secret meeting with General Electric CEO Jeffrey Immelt and NBC Universal President Jeff Zucker to discuss whether they've turned into the President Obama-bashing network, Page Six has learned.

"It was an intensive, three-hour dinner at 30 Rock which Zucker himself was behind," a source familiar with the powwow told us. "There was a long discussion about whether CNBC has become too conservative and is beating up on Obama too much. There's great concern that CNBC is now the anti-Obama network. The whole meeting was really kind of creepy."

One topic under the microscope, our insider said, was on-air CNBC editor Rick Santelli's rant two months ago about staging a "Chicago Tea Party" to protest the president's bailout programs -- an idea that spawned tax protest tea parties in other big cities, infuriating the White House. Oddly, Santelli was not at the meeting, while Jim Cramer was, noted our source, who added that no edict was ultimately handed down by the network chieftains.

CNBC flack Brian Steel confirmed the get-together, but insisted: "The dinner was to thank CNBC for a job well done in our in-depth reporting throughout the financial crisis. As far as our coverage is concerned, we are built for balance and we are unabashedly pro-investor."

Our source retorted: "That is complete bull[bleep] . . . they didn't invite a lot of people to [the meeting]. There were many staffers who were working 24/7 during the crisis who weren't asked to attend, even Santelli, who was a big star for the network during those weeks. Why not?"

In addition, the insider said: "News of the meeting is starting to leak out and people are contacting a number of the on-air people to ask if they've been muzzled by GE.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04162009/gossi...hing_164608.htm

I think CNBC should be muzzling some of their anchors. As a long time CNBC news addict, I can say about half of their on-air staff is extreme republican pro business/cheerleader types. I've even seen some blame the victims in the Bernie Madoff scandal.

An example would be Michelle Caruso-Cabrera, who should be fired.

One day, she started popping off about the Merrill Lynch CEO protecting his share holders when it was learned that he withheld info about the condition of that company when BofA bought it. She was quickly slapped down by the other anchors, but I found it weird how she could defend such a crook. I was wondering about who hired her.

Rick Santelli is a great guy and many right wingers are posting his stuff on youtube. But what many of these nuts fail to understand or know is that Santelli is a pro-union guy. He once got into a heated discussion about the UAW and walked off the set.

Cabrera and some other nut were saying the unions and the legacy costs are the problem with the Big 3, when it's clearly the loss of market share, which was caused by management and not the unions.

And if memory serves, Santelli got into a shouting match and stormed off the set.

I think CNBC should be muzzling some of their anchors. As a long time CNBC news addict, I can say about half of their on-air staff is extreme republican pro business/cheerleader types. I've even seen some blame the victims in the Bernie Madoff scandal.

A pro-business business channel. Who ever would have thought? <_<

It's a good thing no Democrats own businesses or invest in them.

Clearly business is a Republican thing.

Well, big business is a Republican thing. That, and small business entrepreneurs are all Republicans and so are all the people who invest in the markets. Yes, Republicans all. In fact FINRA makes you join the Republican party before you can buy mutual funds or fund an IRA or 401k.

It's a know fact.

All your business are belong to us.

I think CNBC should be muzzling some of their anchors. As a long time CNBC news addict, I can say about half of their on-air staff is extreme republican pro business/cheerleader types.

So half are pro capitalism, and the other half balance it out...isn't that the way it should be?

Fox News is overwhelmingly Conservative, MSNBC and CNN are overwhelmingly liberal....if they were 50 50 they wouldn't be so bad.

So half are pro capitalism, and the other half balance it out...isn't that the way it should be?

Fox News is overwhelmingly Conservative, MSNBC and CNN are overwhelmingly liberal....if they were 50 50 they wouldn't be so bad.

Fox News isn't overwhelmingly Conservative. They're overwhelmingly Republican.

I guess your idea of "pro business" is lying.

But you didn't say they lied. You said they were "pro-business".

And if they lie, why do you watch them so religiously? Again...seems you're trying to excuse your stupidity by calling me a nut... :(

But you didn't say they lied. You said they were "pro-business".

And if they lie, why do you watch them so religiously? Again...seems you're trying to excuse your stupidity by calling me a nut... :(

Michelle Caruso-Cabrera presents things as facts when they are not. To me, she lies. And her co-workers don't let her get away with it.

I think David Faber is one of the best reporters that I've seen in my lifetime. He tells the good and the bad.

Good old Michelle is on TV because of her big boobs and sex appeal.

I like the guy on squawk box in the morning. He says he's not going to tell people what they want to hear. Love the guy.

I watch and try to ignore the jerk offs . . . but it's getting harder to since the republicans got their a@@ kicked in the election.

I watch out of habit. They have 17 hours of live TV. I'll watch about 10 hours on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Good night.

*Specifically* what makes CNN liberal?

Opposition to President Obama is probably not a smart idea if you value your job security and well being. Dissent is best kept to one's self in the current climate, and even then should be held very close in check. I express only support for Mr. Obama, and will continue to do so for as long as he remains in power.

Opposition to President Obama is probably not a smart idea if you value your job security and well being. Dissent is best kept to one's self in the current climate, and even then should be held very close in check. I express only support for Mr. Obama, and will continue to do so for as long as he remains in power.

Looks like ieatcrayonz has a new handle.

Holy sh--.

Michelle Caruso-Cabrera presents things as facts when they are not. To me, she lies. And her co-workers don't let her get away with it.

I think David Faber is one of the best reporters that I've seen in my lifetime. He tells the good and the bad.

Good old Michelle is on TV because of her big boobs and sex appeal.

I like the guy on squawk box in the morning. He says he's not going to tell people what they want to hear. Love the guy.

I watch and try to ignore the jerk offs . . . but it's getting harder to since the republicans got their a@@ kicked in the election.

I watch out of habit. They have 17 hours of live TV. I'll watch about 10 hours on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Good night.

spot on.....Melissa Francis is starting to annoy me....most of these blowhards like to talk over people, which makes for great TV