Draft review: How every team ranks from 2003-'08

Sorry if this is a repeat post - I seldom bother searching past the first page for anything.

From Fox Sports.com

BUFFALO: The Bills typify how ever-changing the NFL has become since full-blown free agency and the big money paid to top draft choices. In the last six years, the Bills have drafted two starting running backs and two starting quarterbacks. They were praised for risking a pick on Willis McGahee, who was eventually traded to Baltimore. They struck out with J.P. Losman in 2004, but may have recovered with Stanford QB Trent Edwards, the third player taken in their 2007 draft. They have hit with their first-round picks and have six starters from the 2006-7 drafts. Starting linebacker Keith Ellison was taken 178th overall in 2006.

Picks: 46

First-round picks: 7

Starters: 11

Pro Bowlers: 1

Grade: B

Sorry if this is a repeat post - I seldom bother searching past the first page for anything.

From Fox Sports.com

I would definitely bring this down to a B-, considering that we wasted 1st round draft picks to move up to get Losman, McCargo and even Ryan Denney (in the 2nd round) and Poz two seasons ago...and we have nothing to show for those 4 picks.

From Fox Sports.com

Just because the Bills have 11 starters doesnt mean they are good. Talk about grading on a curve, outside Marshawn, and Evans we do not have a impact player from any of these drafts. While if Trent, Poz, and McKelvinn could all turn into impact players. We have a solid safety in Whitner and some other pretty good players. However the first three rounds are littered with busts. McCargo, Ellis, Losman, Tim Anderson, Kevin Everett(tragedy what happened to him, but he was a below average player), to a lesser degree McGahee. The jury is still out on Youboty and Hardy. We did get a pretty good return man in Roscoe. I think the absence of picks for the D-Line and O-line is glaring. While I dont think we have had the worst drafts in the league giving them anything over a C, I feel points out flaws in the grading system.

I think a B is pretty generous - the talent evaluation for the organization is a major contributor to their continued mediocrity.

In 5 years they've only managed to have a single Pro Bowler, an alternate at that. Nearly none of their second day picks have contributed anything, and a majority of their day 1 pics aren't even starting quality, especially the 2003 and 2004 guys who should be at their peaks. The JP Losmans and John McCargos (busts), are killing us with help from the Chris Kelsays (guys playing nowhere near where they were drafted).

We also aren't finding the late round diamonds like so many other teams seem to do and that hurts.

Throw in some terrible personnel decsions at head coach and you have a total mess.

In short, to succeed in the NFL your day 1 guys have to live up to their draft positions and you need to find later round guys who exceed expectations. You'll always have busts and extenuating circumstances (Kevin Everett), but your good moves need to outnumber your bad moves and that's not happening with the Bills.

Bottom line for me is that it is clear that the organization is not being run by football people and that leads to everything else.

Pro Bowlers: 1

If you want to know why the Bills suck, that's why. They're great at finding guys who are just good enough to hold onto the starting job, but they rarely do any better than that. A team full of average players usually won't win many games.

The BILLS problem isn't a physical talent issue. It's a mental issue coupled with piss poor game management. It'd take a hell of an argument for me to believe Bill Belichick wouldn't have had last year's team in the post season and that Dick Jauron would have had the Pats around 6-10.

Until the culture changes, it doesn't matter which individual player gets drafted.