Bobby April receives ST Coach of the Year award

Beerball

It really is amazing how consistently well he's done throughout all the changes in personnel. I wonder how long before he gets offered a head coaching job somewhere.

about week 8 in buffalo...

im not hoping dj fails, but i am hoping that the FO is smart enough to move Bobby up if they need to.

It really is amazing how consistently well he's done throughout all the changes in personnel. I wonder how long before he gets offered a head coaching job somewhere.

Just because he hasn't taken a job somewhere else doesn't mean it hasn't been offered. I'd personally be shocked if April has never been offered a multitude of interviews for defensive coordinator spots, but some guys are just happy with what they do. If he derives enjoyment from coaching special teams and he's fine with the money, why should he ever vacate the job?

Bobby April is a special teams genius. He is the lone coach on this team that is an effective leader and gets his guys fired up. Hopefully, he will be head coach for the Bills someday. Congrats on the award Bobby, you deserved it <_<

Just because he hasn't taken a job somewhere else doesn't mean it hasn't been offered. I'd personally be shocked if April has never been offered a multitude of interviews for defensive coordinator spots, but some guys are just happy with what they do. If he derives enjoyment from coaching special teams and he's fine with the money, why should he ever vacate the job?

not sure anyone can offer a D-coordinator job since he is also "Assistant Head Coach". That title handcuffs teams into only being able to offer him a Head Coach job.

Bobby April is a special teams genius. He is the lone coach on this team that is an effective leader and gets his guys fired up. Hopefully, he will be head coach for the Bills someday. Congrats on the award Bobby, you deserved it <_<

The great thing about April is that, last year he lost a good chunk of his experienced ST players and were replaced by rookies from the draft and yet he managed to win the award. Kudos to April.

He's got an easy job. Russ over pays for high motor guys who wind up playing ST's. These guys strive on that stuff. We have the best 53 special teamers in the NFL. the rest of our roster sucks.

God forbid our backups are good special teamers! If his job is so easy, why don't you apply for the position somewhere?

Cue in the morons who think Bobby April is qualified to coach anything other than special teams.

The last time Bobby April coached anything besides special teams was nearly 20 years ago at the college level when he was a secondary coach. If you want a candidate like that as your team's head coach, God help us all.

Cue in the morons who think Bobby April is qualified to coach anything other than special teams.

The last time Bobby April coached anything besides special teams was nearly 20 years ago at the college level when he was a secondary coach. If you want a candidate like that as your team's head coach, God help us all.

Coordinators with no head coaching experience are often appointed, especially after firings. Some do quite well. Mike Singletary, for example.

because people dont grow and learn over 20 years? because 20 years experience in coaching doesnt count for anything?

what planet do you all come from?

He's got an easy job. Russ over pays for high motor guys who wind up playing ST's. These guys strive on that stuff. We have the best 53 special teamers in the NFL. the rest of our roster sucks.

They thrive on that stuff too. <_<

Haha Russ hasn't made an high motor signings idiot. That was all old man Levy. April should be our head coach, the guys the only person that shows emotion on the sideline. He'll get in players faces like Sparano and he knows the game of football. Head coach is more of a figurehead nowadays anyway.

While I don't agree with your tone, you're pretty spot on with the analysis. The only ST coach that ever became a head coach that I can remember is Gruden, and I'm not all that sold on him as a coach. He won a Super Bowl with Tony Dungy's team and never did anything again.

While I don't agree with your tone, you're pretty spot on with the analysis. The only ST coach that ever became a head coach that I can remember is Gruden, and I'm not all that sold on him as a coach. He won a Super Bowl with Tony Dungy's team and never did anything again.

Marv Levy?????