I know we've all talked about trading down but...

WordByrd

I know the draft is all dependent on whether we trade Jason Peters or not, but assuming we fill the LT spot without having to draft, what if we try to trade UP to get Aaron Curry. Curry reminds me of Patrick Willis (who I thought we'd get until he got stolen in the pick right before us). Curry would be the safest bet to sure up our defense right away. We could then get one of the many DE's and TE's in the 2nd and 3rd round.

How can we draft in the second round / third round and move up in the first?? Maybe throw in Roscoe and our first to move up??

I dont think Roscoe would sweeten up the deal with anyone enough to take only the 1st round pick. Unless you packaged some huge deal with KC a 1st, 2nd and Parrish for their 1st and Waters? Im sure it would take more than that to move up, but just throwing it out there. We would most likely have to give up 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and Parrish for that deal. IMO it COULD be worth it. Curry is a monster we could really use at LB.

I know the draft is all dependent on whether we trade Jason Peters or not, but assuming we fill the LT spot without having to draft, what if we try to trade UP to get Aaron Curry. Curry reminds me of Patrick Willis (who I thought we'd get until he got stolen in the pick right before us). Curry would be the safest bet to sure up our defense right away. We could then get one of the many DE's and TE's in the 2nd and 3rd round.

We haven't used our LBs as primary pass rushers. Isn't that Curry's biggest asset? Can he stop the run? Can he cover? I haven't paid much attention to him because of where he's expected to go.