My mock Draft

Justice

With the NFL draft fast approaching I finally came up with my own mock, here it is:

1. Detroit. QB Stafford

2. St. Louis. OL. J. Smith

3. KC Chiefs. LB Aaron Curry

4. Seattle. QB Sanchez

5. Cleveland. DE Orakpo

6. Cincinnati. OL Monroe

7. Oakland. WR Maclin

8. Jacksonville. WR Crabtree

9. Green Bay. DT Raji

10. San Francisco. A. Smith

11. Our beloved Buffalo Bills. DE Robert Ayers

12. Denver.DE Tyson Jackson

13. Washington DE Everette Brown

14. New Orleans DB Jenkins

15. Houston DE Maybin

16. San Diego LB Maualuga

17. NY Jets. QB Freeman

18. Denver LB Cushing

19. Tampa Bay WR DHB

20. Detroit OL Oher

21. Philadelphia TE Pettigrew

22. Minnesota WR Harvin

23. New England LB Matthews

24. Atlanta DT Peria Jerry

25. Miami DB Smith

26. Baltimore WR Nicks

27. Indianapolis RB Moreno

28. Buffalo Bills OL Britten

29. NY Giants WR Britt

30. Tennessee C Mack

31. Arizona RB Wells

32. Pittsburgh C Unger

No Pettigrew at #11. It's not going to happen. They will not invest the #11 overall in any TE. I say they take Maybin, to my chagrin, at the #11 spot if Brown and Orakpo are off the board.

No Pettigrew at #11. It's not going to happen. They will not invest the #11 overall in any TE. I say they take Maybin, to my chagrin, at the #11 spot if Brown and Orakpo are off the board.

If you think about it, Pettigrew makes the most sense. I realize 11 is too low for a TE, but since when does that stop the Buffalo Bills? I'm hoping the Bills pull off a trade for Scheffler, even though he is Pettigrew's polar opposite, and take a DE.

Agreed on the Pettigrew thing...

I think they'll take Ayers...Then again I'm always wrong... <_<

If you think about it, Pettigrew makes the most sense. I realize 11 is too low for a TE, but since when does that stop the Buffalo Bills?

Pettigrew is not the 11th best player in this draft. I also believe that the Buffalo "brass" doesn't believe the position is our greatest need. They would've kept Royal if they really just wanted an extra blocker out there. I think that they have some faith in Fine and Schouman at this point. I'm not saying we will not select a TE in the draft altogether, just saying that we're not investing the #11 pick on it which likely means we're not getting Pettigrew at all. I don't think we even think TE until the 3rd Round, unless Pettigrew falls to us in the 2nd which again is highly unlikely. I think they're looking for a pass rushing DE, a potential starter at OLB, or maybe a S to play opposite of Whitner(sorry to the fans who don't want another Ohio St. DB in the fold).

Pettigrew is not the 11th best player in this draft. I also believe that the Buffalo "brass" doesn't believe the position is our greatest need. They would've kept Royal if they really just wanted an extra blocker out there. I think that they have some faith in Fine and Schouman at this point. I'm not saying we will not select a TE in the draft altogether, just saying that we're not investing the #11 pick on it which likely means we're not getting Pettigrew at all. I don't think we even think TE until the 3rd Round, unless Pettigrew falls to us in the 2nd which again is highly unlikely. I think they're looking for a pass rushing DE, a potential starter at OLB, or maybe a S to play opposite of Whitner(sorry to the fans who don't want another Ohio St. DB in the fold).
you're right. He is ranked even higher.

You are one of the few who think that Pettigrew is not in the top #11 in rankings. Just about every major ranking has him in the top #10 ranked player. Mayock, Davies, etc.

I think Stafford, Raji, Orakpo, Brown, Monroe, Jason Smith, Crabtree, Maybin, Sanchez, Andre Smith, Curry, Jenkins, Cushing, and Matthews (not necessarily in that order) are all ahead of Pettigrew IMO. Pettigrew is the best at his position, but I don't see him as being better than the other guys I named. I'm a Notre Dame homer if there ever was one so I can spot another homer in a heartbeat :o You, Magox, are a serious Pettigrew homer. <_<

I think Stafford, Raji, Orakpo, Brown, Monroe, Jason Smith, Crabtree, Maybin, Sanchez, Andre Smith, Curry, Jenkins, Cushing, and Matthews (not necessarily in that order) are all ahead of Pettigrew IMO. Pettigrew is the best at his position, but I don't see him as being better than the other guys I named. I'm a Notre Dame homer if there ever was one so I can spot another homer in a heartbeat :P You, Magox, are a serious Pettigrew homer. <_<

It's ok to have your opinion about him, but I was just pointing out to you what most of the "draft experts" say about him. Regarding my Bias towards Pettigrew, there is no doubt that I like the guy a lot, I think he's going to be one hell of a TE in the NFL for many years to come, and after all, it is the draft, and every year I zero in on 1 or 2 players that I absolutely want the Bills to draft, and Pettigrew happens to be one of those guys. The other guy I really want is E. Brown. I have no personal allegiance to Pettigrew, I'm an ACC fan, I just like how the dude plays. But, ya, you're right, I am fixated on Pettigrew :o

I also find it hillarious how some people put so much stock in "draft experts" like Mike Mayock. Sure he gets paid to do what he does and has been on point about players at times, but he's also been wrong just as many if not more. If these guys were soooooo great at talent evaluating they'd be working for an NFL FO and not just the NFL Network <_<

I also find it hillarious how some people put so much stock in "draft experts" like Mike Mayock. Sure he gets paid to do what he does and has been on point about players at times, but he's also been wrong just as many if not more. If these guys were soooooo great at talent evaluating they'd be working for an NFL FO and not just the NFL Network <_<

I don't place too much importance on one single analyst, all though Mayock is pretty damn good. But when there is a consensus view that someone is a top 8 overall prospect, then it's hard to ignore. Pettigrew falls in that category, but I agree, it would be a little silly to put too much stock in one analyst.

It's ok to have your opinion about him, but I was just pointing out to you what most of the "draft experts" say about him. Regarding my Bias towards Pettigrew, there is no doubt that I like the guy a lot, I think he's going to be one hell of a TE in the NFL for many years to come, and after all, it is the draft, and every year I zero in on 1 or 2 players that I absolutely want the Bills to draft, and Pettigrew happens to be one of those guys. The other guy I really want is E. Brown. I have no personal allegiance to Pettigrew, I'm an ACC fan, I just like how the dude plays. But, ya, you're right, I am fixated on Pettigrew :o

I hear ya bro'. I think we all do that. I really like Pettigrew also, but I'm not sure he can stretch the field down the seam with his speed. I'd love to have him if we could trade down in the 1st, but just not at #11 with our needs, IMO, at LB and DE. I seem to find myself fixated on Brown the more I watch film on the guy. He is the most explosive and complete of the DE's IMO. I also really like Peria Jerry. I think he'd be a PERFECT fit to go beside Stroud on our DL. Another guy I'd love to see us get is Clay Matthews at SOLB for us next year. Those are the guys I have highest on my Bills' wishlist. <_<

I don't place too much importance on one single analyst, all though Mayock is pretty damn good. But when there is a consensus view that someone is a top 8 overall prospect, then it's hard to ignore. Pettigrew falls in that category, but I agree, it would be a little silly to put too much stock in one analyst.

I'm not singling you out Magox, I see alot of people doing it. I take everything they say with a grain of salt and take into account that they could have an underlying reason as to why they pump certain guys as hard as they do. They could be friends with an agent, they could've been paid off, you know anything can happen. Not saying they're all like politicians or anything, but it does make you wonder. Especially when they rail the same person they had rated so highly the very next year.

How can anyone honestly make that statment now? No one has any idea. People have compared BP to Jason Witten and/ or worst case scenario Bubba Franks (3 time pro bowler). You mean to tell me that the Bills couldn't use a huge target with great hands and blocks like a o-linemen? Really??? I like Fine and DS but I'd feel better if there were are #2 and #3 options at the position.

I'd rather get BP after a trade down but I have no problem getting as a sure of a bet there is in the draft at #11.

I hear ya bro'. I think we all do that. I really like Pettigrew also, but I'm not sure he can stretch the field down the seam with his speed. I'd love to have him if we could trade down in the 1st, but just not at #11 with our needs, IMO, at LB and DE. I seem to find myself fixated on Brown the more I watch film on the guy. He is the most explosive and complete of the DE's IMO. I also really like Peria Jerry. I think he'd be a PERFECT fit to go beside Stroud on our DL. Another guy I'd love to see us get is Clay Matthews at SOLB for us next year. Those are the guys I have highest on my Bills' wishlist. <_<

In our offense, do we really need a field stretcher at TE? Evans, Owens, Parrish, and possibly Hardy can stretch the field. We need an underneath guy besides Josh Reed. And for a cold weather team like the Bills, it is almost foolish to have a deep threat at TE. I hate those "receiving" TEs. They are just bigger, slower receivers. BP is a total package.

And for the record, I'd puke if we took Matthews. One year starter and 3rd best LB on his college team. No thanks. I do like Jerry and even though it is higher than he is slotted to go, I won't mind that pick at all. He may end up being better than Raji anyways.

1 - In our offense, do we really need a field stretcher at TE? Evans, Owens, Parrish, and possibly Hardy can stretch the field. We need an underneath guy besides Josh Reed. And for a cold weather team like the Bills, it is almost foolish to have a deep threat at TE. I hate those "receiving" TEs. They are just bigger, slower receivers. BP is a total package.

And for the record, 2 - I'd puke if we took Matthews. One year starter and 3rd best LB on his college team. No thanks. I do like Jerry and even though it is higher than he is slotted to go, I won't mind that pick at all. He may end up being better than Raji anyways.

1. If you have a TE that can hit the seam down the middle he can end up effecting both of the S in their coverage. Therefore, it opens up more for the WR's and RB's. Look at Antonio Gates for instance. He changes the dynamic of the whole SD offense when he's in there. And when I say stretch the field down the seam I'm talking about 15-20 yard posts and fly routes in the seams of zones, not 30-40 yards downfield. There aren't many TE's that can get "deep" on a defense. Like I said, I like Pettigrew just not at the #11 pick. In the 20's on a trade down? Sure.

2. Your opinion of course. That's cool. I think he may end up being the better pro over Cushing and Maualuga.

edit: This is what the beloved Mike Mayock had to say about Matthews -

“People who think he’s just a try-hard overachiever are wrong,” NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock said of the 6-foot-3, 240-pound Matthews, who impressed scouts with a 4.57-second 40-yard dash at USC’s pro day. “He can rush the passer better than any other USC linebacker. I think he’ll be a 10-year starter.”