Any guitar players

nuklz2594

I also have the ESP LTD. Looks great though I don't play it more than a couple times a month.

My most-played guitar by far is a Breedlove Atlas AC25. I have two crappy guitars (one electric, one acoustic) that are both Ibanez. They were my starter guitars. I keep the acoustic in my office. The electric hasn't been out of its bag in 3 years.

If I ever consider myself worthy, I would love a Gibson Hummingbird. The one at Guitar Center in King of Prussia has a stain on it because every time I stop in, it catches my drool. It's going to take a lot of improvement on my part to think I'm worth a $2500+ guitar.

Set up a reward system for yourself. If you do this then you treat yourself to the guitar. I did that a couple of years ago and got myself a Roland V-Drum kit. I love it unfortunately until we buy a new house it sits under the bed. :devil:

Set up a reward system for yourself. If you do this then you treat yourself to the guitar. I did that a couple of years ago and got myself a Roland V-Drum kit. I love it unfortunately until we buy a new house it sits under the bed. :devil:

I play all the time--I started late in life though. $2500+ for a guitar, in my mind, should be reserved for pros.

I play all the time--I started late in life though. $2500+ for a guitar, in my mind, should be reserved for pros.

Yeah, there is no reason to pay that much if you're only going to dick around with it. If you're in a professional band (or if you happen to be sitting on boatloads of money) it's a great investment, but you can shred pretty effectively on something you bought for $500.

Yeah, there is no reason to pay that much if you're only going to dick around with it. If you're in a professional band (or if you happen to be sitting on boatloads of money) it's a great investment, but you can shred pretty effectively on something you bought for $500.

Agreed, but I love picking it up every time I stop in for strings. In fact, it's the prime reason I don't order strings and picks online. I hope that some day I'll be in there when the fire alarm goes off and I have to rescue the Hummingbird to my car as the store burns to the ground.

No one would ever call what I do "shredding."

Agreed, but I love picking it up every time I stop in for strings. In fact, it's the prime reason I don't order strings and picks online. I hope that some day I'll be in there when the fire alarm goes off and I have to rescue the Hummingbird to my car as the store burns to the ground.

No one would ever call what I do "shredding."

I don't play guitar so I didn't know that $2500 was that much. My wife plays violin and everytime she upgrades she sounds that much better. And $2500 is average for a V-kit.

Don't feel too bad Chef. I have a set of V-Drums, but I'm a lousy drummer, so they collect dust until my drummer buddies come over to record with me. :devil:

As far as having an expensive ax I say go for it. Sometimes knowing you paid top dollar for almost any toy will guilt you into practicing a little more. Some might argue that sort of defeats the purpose if you only want to have fun, but nothing is more fun than improving and being able to tackle new material.

I don't play guitar so I didn't know that $2500 was that much. My wife plays violin and everytime she upgrades she sounds that much better. And $2500 is average for a V-kit.

For a guitar, $2500 is where the top of the line starts for any name brand (there are custom guitars that go for much more). Most big guitar stores wouldn't carry a guitar that costs much more than that.

Someday when I get a surprise enormous check, I may splurge but I don't think so. To analogize, I don't want to be the guy with the $2000 golf clubs who shoots 110. That guy is a douche.