Unsubstantiated second-hand Peters news

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang--I was watching--and I swear I heard it, but the tape doesn't lie. I thought I heard him Peters wants in the $11M range and the Bills were around $9.75. Are there two versions of total access? This was the dinner hour one--I was still at work where we have the dish (for educational purposes only). I was working on a whitepaper so I wasn't 100% paying attention.... :lol:

The fact is that someone else will probably pay peters more than we will. He has everything to gain by not cooperating, except for respect. If he plays the way he did last year, he isnt worth half of what he is asking.

Nope. THe Bills still hold the cards here...They could let him rot for another off season.....At some point Peters would have to make a decision if he wants to forgo that 20M+ signing bonus (guaranteed money that he can pocket tomorrow) or boycott the off season program and come in for week 10 and play his eligibility and do the same thing again next season....

Either the Bills trade Peters now if an excellent deal comes before the draft or Peter picks the Bills contract offer and move on. If the speculation is correct that the Bills are offering 9.5M/year, the Bills are doing the right thing...It is not as if the Bills are low balling him with a 6M/Year and a 10M bonus.

I get the feeling that supersized NYS taxes are getting in the way of things here. When contracts get that big, players are fully aware of the huge amounts being taken away by NYS. They over-payed for Dockery and Walker, so it stands to reason that they'd have to over-pay for Peters or trade him (or put up with the needless distraction of a long and drawn out holdout). I think that since the Bills are in a do or die and blow the f'r up mode this year that there should be no lingering excuses. Life is short, you can't take it with you Ralph, if Kelsay is getting 6 million a year then Peters is damn worth 9-10 million so give him the extra f'n money and move on to the draft.

Peters wants the extra 1.5 million a year to cover the federal tax increase he'll be facing in a year or two.

Now that you said that it makes sense. Thanks. We don't want him to starve do we? He will probably eat that 1.5 million in burgers just during training camp if he ever shows up.

If it is true and the Bills offered hm that much, which is about 3 times what he is worth, and he declined?- Get him out of here for a couple picks now. He is turning into a huge cancer for this team.

Hope you're a big fan of Fitzpatrick, because if Peters is gone I predict he'll be our starting QB by game three.

Hope you're a big fan of Fitzpatrick, because if Peters is gone I predict he'll be our starting QB by game three.

well wasn't it Peters who gave up 11 + sacks last year ???

how about that fumble JP made in the Jets game.. That was peters man who blew by him and stripped that football. If Peters holds that block for just a second that fumble never happens.

Peters showed what he was really worth in 2008 when he held the team hostage and held out, and then came back only to look like crap for much of the season. You don't reward and overpay a player who does all of that....

how about that fumble JP made in the Jets game.. That was peters man who blew by him and stripped that football. If Peters holds that block for just a second that fumble never happens.

I have to disagree with you on this one. That fumble was all on Losman in my opinion. He was scrambling and rolling out and holding...holding...holding the ball out there. All he had to do on that play was not turn the ball over and the Bills win. There was even a moment after Losman felt contact from the defender when he still could have tucked the ball and taken the sack, but he had to try to make something magic happen.

Bills own him for two more years. They can, if they choose, make his life very miserable for those two years.

I don't think that approach does much good for the Bills, should it play out. But in the final analysis the Bills really do hold the highest trump card in the deck.

remember Dean, we have been talking about this for a while. It seems as if the Bills FO are taking our advice, I mean obviously they aren't but they are doing what we thought that they should be doing. They are communicating with him on a constant basis, and they are prepared for tough negotiations if need be. The Bills FO holds the better cards. Ultimately, as we've said for a while now, I believe we get this deal done for $10Mill + :lol:

well wasn't it Peters who gave up 11 + sacks last year ???

Peters showed what he was really worth in 2008 when he held the team hostage and held out, and then came back only to look like crap for much of the season. You don't reward and overpay a player who does all of that....

Guy, you are completely wrong here. That was a perfectly timed blitz that no tackle could have stopped, nor should have had to stop for that matter. It was a DB that went around him, not a d-lineman and considering it was a roll-out, the whole offensive line was shifting to the right. Peters would have had to come back to his left and leave a gaping whole between him and Dockery.

That sack was all on dipsh-- Losman, who held the ball forever, then to compound matters, tried to underhand the ball with both hands after being wrapped up.

If you want to blame Peters for a sack/fumble combo, the one in Jacksonville holds more water.

Guy, you are completely wrong here. That was a perfectly timed blitz that no tackle could have stopped, nor should have had to stop for that matter. It was a DB that went around him, not a d-lineman and considering it was a roll-out, the whole offensive line was shifting to the right. Peters would have had to come back to his left and leave a gaping whole between him and Dockery.

That sack was all on dipsh-- Losman, who held the ball forever, then to compound matters, tried to underhand the ball with both hands after being wrapped up.

If you want to blame Peters for a sack/fumble combo, the one in Jacksonville holds more water.

there is a reason JP has received no interest what so ever from any team its because they all can see the film and the film does not lie.

i said it months ago the guy is finished in this league.

I agree. I was at the game and never saw the play since I was sitting in the front row behind the Bills at the far 40 yard line. All I saw was Losman rolling right till the sideline players were (thankfully) blocking my view of the live play, then I heard the that gawd-awful Jets home crowd roar, then I looked at the jumbotron and saw the Jet in the endzone jumping up and down with the ball. I went home and watched the play on tivo about ten times and that safety did a great fake job. The play was one of the dumbest calls in Bills history, the Jets KNEW it was coming (why else would the safety fake like that if they felt it was going to be a run? You don't fake a safety blitz on a running play.), Peters never expected the safety was going to fake blitz, Losman should have held onto the ball.

At some point in time, the Bills will have to say "Your move. We've come up to $xx, and you haven't moved." When that number is $10 Million, and Peters is facing sitting out, or playing for $4 million this year, and having to go through this again next year, what do you think he tells his agent?

You tell me? What does he tell his agent?

What did he tell him last year in similar circumstances?

You tell me? What does he tell his agent?

What did he tell him last year in similar circumstances?

There were no similar circumstances, last year. By sitting, Peters really didn't cost himself a large amount of $$, as the Bills were offering NO salary increase. Now they are offering more than double what he makes. He also now knows the Bills just might let him sit (as they were prepared to do, last year). Does he risk losing $10 million (something that wasn't on the table, last year) because his agent refuses to give an inch?

You tell me how the circumstances are "similar".

There were no similar circumstances, last year. By sitting, Peters really didn't cost himself a large amount of $$, as the Bills were offering NO salary increase. Now they are offering more than double what he makes. He also now knows the Bills just might let him sit (as they were prepared to do, last year). Does he risk losing $10 million (something that wasn't on the table, last year) because his agent refuses to give an inch?

We have no idea if they offered him 10 million this year. I'm hoping and thinking that they eventually will, but if I'm not mistaken, the only even "rumored" numbers we have seen about the Bills offer is 8.5 million.

Internet rumors started by morons who just make stuff up about what they have seen on TV don't even count as rumors.

We have no idea if they offered him 10 million this year. I'm hoping and thinking that they eventually will, but if I'm not mistaken, the only even "rumored" numbers we have seen about the Bills offer is 8.5 million.

Internet rumors started by morons who just make stuff up about what they have seen on TV don't even count as rumors.

Oh, I understand the negotiations aren't at $10 Million, yet. I expect they will be, though. Even if the Bills stay at 8.5 (or whatever they've offered), Peters is risking that (still more than double what he currently makes), if he sits. The circumstances between last year and this, are very different.

I think the thing is that if he came to camp honorably last year, like Evans did for example, he might be sitting on year 2 of a big fat contract right now. The bucks that he probably lost last year, let's say in the neighborhood of as much as 6 million probably cannot ever be made up.