Unsubstantiated second-hand Peters news

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills zone post.

This guy says NFL Total Access said the Bills offered Peters $9.5M but he won't even talk unless they get to $11M. Did anyone else watch NFLN and hear this?

EDIT: Always check the Tim Grahem pinned thread first.

PTR

It is also in another thread.

Sounds like good news, to me. Movement is usually a good sign. I'd ignore the agent speak, for now.

Russ - Jason, we'll give you $9.5 mill. That's the best I can do.

Peters - I put my bucket of chicken down for this? Please.

Russ - I'm serious. Ralph is pulling lint from his pockets on this one.

Peters - Don't you guys get it. I'm not white with a high motor. You have to pay me. Me and the Colonel are retiring to the couch. Hey Parker, pass me that box of biscuits.

Russ - Jason, we'll give you $9.5 mill. That's the best I can do.

Peters - I put my bucket of chicken down for this? Please.

Russ - I'm serious. Ralph is pulling lint from his pockets on this one.

Peters - Don't you guys get it. I'm not white with a high motor. You have to pay me. Me and the Colonel are retiring to the couch. Hey Parker, pass me that box of biscuits.

Outstanding...except for the fact that Peters isn't on the phone, Parker is.

FWIW, the rumor actually started on buffalobills.com, and is being debunked all over the place. The Bills alleged offer was never said on Total Access. What WAS on Total Access was only that Peters asking price was "ultimately over 10 million a year", said by Mike Lombardi.

That's actually better news than the original rumor, IMO. If Parker/Peters are down to "ultimately over 10 million" I think this deal gets ultimately done.

This is what led to him not even talking to the team until they get to $11 million per season :lol:

At some point in time, the Bills will have to say "Your move. We've come up to $xx, and you haven't moved." When that number is $10 Million, and Peters is facing sitting out, or playing for $4 million this year, and having to go through this again next year, what do you think he tells his agent?

Movement, even by only one side, is almost always a good sign.

FWIW, the rumor actually started on buffalobills.com, and is being debunked all over the place. The Bills alleged offer was never said on Total Access. What WAS on Total Access was only that Peters asking price was "ultimately over 10 million a year", said by Mike Lombardi.

That's actually better news than the original rumor, IMO. If Parker/Peters are down to "ultimately over 10 million" I think this deal gets ultimately done.

Thanks. i watched it, but was also occupied with something else, and didn't hear the Bills counter offer, either. Since i have read it here, in several posts, I assumed I simply missed it.

The fact is that someone else will probably pay peters more than we will. He has everything to gain by not cooperating, except for respect. If he plays the way he did last year, he isnt worth half of what he is asking.

The fact is that someone else will probably pay peters more than we will. He has everything to gain by not cooperating, except for respect. If he plays the way he did last year, he isnt worth half of what he is asking.

Bills own him for two more years. They can, if they choose, make his life very miserable for those two years.

I don't think that approach does much good for the Bills, should it play out. But in the final analysis the Bills really do hold the highest trump card in the deck.

He's under contract for two more seasons - taking the Bills deal would probably guarantee him about $25M, and possibly more. That's a lot more money than he'd get if he tears some ligaments this year, misses next season, and is a UFA looking for a prove-it deal.

And even that could be wiped out by a lockout in 2011.

At some point in time, the Bills will have to say "Your move. We've come up to $xx, and you haven't moved." When that number is $10 Million, and Peters is facing sitting out, or playing for $4 million this year, and having to go through this again next year, what do you think he tells his agent?

I'd agree. You'd have to be nuts to risk turning down $10mill/yr because you're holding out for 11. However, I think the devil is always in the details. How much money upfront, guaranteed, length of deal, incentives, etc. that's what will ultimately get the deal done... or not.

You'd think an agent with this much money at stake would practically be living in Buffalo the last few weeks. If I had a potential $10mill deal in the works, I promise you Brandon and I would become the best of friends. He'd wake up with me getting him coffee. I guess that's why I'm not a big time agent.

I'd agree. You'd have to be nuts to risk turning down $10mill/yr because you're holding out for 11. However, I think the devil is always in the details. How much money upfront, guaranteed, length of deal, incentives, etc. that's what will ultimately get the deal done... or not.

You'd think an agent with this much money at stake would practically be living in Buffalo the last few weeks. If I had a potential $10mill deal in the works, I promise you Brandon and I would become the best of friends. He'd wake up with me getting him coffee. I guess that's why I'm not a big time agent.

Agreed, and the fact that he doesn't appear to be in the Bills face, suggests to me that the end game isn't here, yet. But, really, there isn't a big rush, quite yet. There is another week and a half, before the draft. If that isn't the magic date, there is over a month before the first mandatory team activities.

...and yes, the devil will be in the details.

Although in an entirely different context I have been responsible for negotiations of a contract or settlement for wages. The Bills movement likely shows a willingness to reach an amicable solution. However, they likely want reassurances from Peters that he will not just take the money and lay down. If Peters gets creative around assuring his client will play at a high level then the Bills will close the gap.

Agreed, and the fact that he doesn't appear to be in the Bills face, suggests to me that the end game isn't here, yet. But, really, there isn't a big rush, quite yet. There is another week and a half, before the draft. If that isn't the magic date, there is over a month before the first mandatory team activities.

...and yes, the devil will be in the details.

I hear ya... there's still plenty of time to work a deal. But still, if I'm in Parker's shoes, me and Peters are walkin to the gym in Buffalo, gettin lattes or whatever big time agents drink, calling Brandon daily... hey, guess where we're at. No way I sit patiently and wait to see what the FO wants to do.

I hear ya... there's still plenty of time to work a deal. But still, if I'm in Parker's shoes, me and Peters are walkin to the gym in Buffalo, gettin lattes or whatever big time agents drink, calling Brandon daily... hey, guess where we're at. No way I sit patiently and wait to see what the FO wants to do.

I'm with you. I think Parker thinks the aloof approach is a better tactic, this early in the negotiation, though.