Getcher Red Hot DT's!

Astrobot

Interesting question about DT's.

Because of the major demand this year for DT's there will be major "reaches" for them. Buffalo may be among those who reach for a DT in the middle rounds.

At DraftTek, we have Fili Moala (a 4-3 DT) going at RD2#59 to Carolina, but he could last to RD3#65 Detroit, #66 St. Louis, or even RD3#72 Jacksonville. We draft at RD3#75.

Between Moala and Irvin is Ricky Jean-Francois, who we have going to either BUF at RD4#110 or HOU at RD4#112. Cincy could reach for him at RD4#106 and rain on our parade.

Corvey Irvin (also a 4-3 DT) could go as early as RD4#135 to Tennessee, or RD5#138 or #143 to Atlanta (they have 2 picks in the 4th). Chicago wants a DT and they draft at RD5#140, and CIN wants a DT and they're at RD5#142. We draft at RD4#110 and RD5#147.

Let's say that Moala goes to CAR, Francois goes to BUF, and Irvin goes to ATL.

That leaves many teams without a DT they had intended to draft; in this scenario I still don't have a DT for CHI, CIN, HOU, MIN, NO, STL and TEN.

This will be one of the stories on Saturday and Sunday as DT's are reached for.

My advice: Get 'em while they're hot. :devil:

Interesting question about DT's.

Because of the major demand this year for DT's there will be major "reaches" for them. Buffalo may be among those who reach for a DT in the middle rounds.

At DraftTek, we have Fili Moala (a 4-3 DT) going at RD2#59 to Carolina, but he could last to RD3#65 Detroit, #66 St. Louis, or even RD3#72 Jacksonville. We draft at RD3#75.

Between Moala and Irvin is Ricky Jean-Francois, who we have going to either BUF at RD4#110 or HOU at RD4#112. Cincy could reach for him at RD4#106 and rain on our parade.

Corvey Irvin (also a 4-3 DT) could go as early as RD4#135 to Tennessee, or RD5#138 or #143 to Atlanta (they have 2 picks in the 4th). Chicago wants a DT and they draft at RD5#140, and CIN wants a DT and they're at RD5#142. We draft at RD4#110 and RD5#147.

Let's say that Moala goes to CAR, Francois goes to BUF, and Irvin goes to ATL.

That leaves many teams without a DT they had intended to draft; in this scenario I still don't have a DT for CHI, CIN, HOU, MIN, NO, STL and TEN.

This will be one of the stories on Saturday and Sunday as DT's are reached for.

My advice: Get 'em while they're hot. :devil:

Oh no! Cinci could reach for Ricky Jean-Francois at pick 106 in the 4th round and "ruin Buffalo's parade"??

God forbid!

Hey, why shouldn't the Bills draft a DT that sounds like a goalie from the Quebec Jr. League, the Sabres can't make the playoffs these days either....he should fit right in. <_<

I think Buffalo has got their eyes fixed on Corey Irvin/DT/Georgia. He's been in for a visit, along with Maola, and the Bills think he is a guy they could nab in the 4th. Wouldn't surprise me if he's wearing a Bills' uni next season.

I think Buffalo has got their eyes fixed on Corey Irvin/DT/Georgia. He's been in for a visit, along with Maola, and the Bills think he is a guy they could nab in the 4th. Wouldn't surprise me if he's wearing a Bills' uni next season.

Or dressed in sweats on the sidelines and inactive -- while he gets bigger, stronger, etc...

If we don't trade Peters I have the Bills getting Chris Baker DT in the 4th rd, If we trade Peters I have us getting Fili Moala DT with Detroit's 3rd rd pick- another thought is we might wait until after the draft and make an offer to KC for Glenn Dorsey like next years 1st.

All signs point to Buffalo NOT taking a DT.

1. Kyle Williams extended.

2. Bills acquire Spencer Johnson signs.

3. Stroud extended.

4. McCargo has yet to be released.

Even if Raji is there for the Bills at 11, they wont draft him.

3. Stroud extended.

Methinks McCargo is still here cos we are waiting to see who we manage to acquire in FA/draft.

3. Stroud extended.

Williams was extended before last season, not this season. The Bills attempted to trade McCargo, and it was cancelled only because the trade was disallowed for medical reasons.

The Bills NEED 4 DTs just to run their scheme. They want to keep all of them fresh. If McCargo goes, we will absolutely need a 4th, and even if he doesn't, we need an upgrade.

If Raji is there, the odds are very good that we draft him, but realistically, he'll be gone. If he's gone, there's a chance we draft Peria Jerry. We have other needs, so who knows, but upgrading at DT would make a big difference for this team. We are almost surely in the mix for a DT.

Williams was extended before last season, not this season. The Bills attempted to trade McCargo, and it was cancelled only because the trade was disallowed for medical reasons.

The Bills NEED 4 DTs just to run their scheme. They want to keep all of them fresh. If McCargo goes, we will absolutely need a 4th, and even if he doesn't, we need an upgrade.

If Raji is there, the odds are very good that we draft him, but realistically, he'll be gone. If he's gone, there's a chance we draft Peria Jerry. We have other needs, so who knows, but upgrading at DT would make a big difference for this team. We are almost surely in the mix for a DT.

You don't waste a first round draft pick on a fourth DT. This team has much larger needs at this time. I'm even willing to put my handle on the line when I say the Bills won't take a DT in the first. I guarantee it.

Methinks McCargo is still here cos we are waiting to see who we manage to acquire in FA/draft.

McCargo is my number one choice for sleeper this year on the Bills "D". I think he will surprise.

McCargo is my number one choice for sleeper this year on the Bills "D". I think he will surprise.

I was saying that last year and then came another injury plagued, ineffective season. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. :lol:

I was saying that last year and then came another injury plagued, ineffective season. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. :lol:

I'd like to see McCargo look in shape one season, somethings wrong with his workouts or his diet, in 2007 he did show flashes of his ability to disrupt with quickness.