Whitner's Salary

Very overrated. Sammy Morris ran the guy over for Christ sake. And we won't pay Peters and want to trade Roscoe? Please. Whitner's done nothing. Move him to FS - get him further from the ball so it's less evident that he does nothing. I'm continually amazed at what people actually see and don't see when they watch a game. This guy does not make plays.

Griff, that has to be one of your 65 best posts of all time :lol:

Stop. you post the same think every day. You hate Marv as GM. We get it. But you never point out all the good moves Marv has done. Traded a very average back in Willis for 2 3rds and a 5th. That is a huge trade in this market. With those picks, we picked Trent who maybe a franchise QB and used those picks to trade for Stroud. He also drafted guys like Kyle Williams, Brad Butler, Lynch (pro bowler), Whitner, Poz who are all around 25 and solid to good starters.

Additionally, he locked up Peters to what was a really good deal at the time. And though dockery failed, he still was part of a unit that allowed a franchise record for fewest sacks in a season. Plus, Walker has proven to be a very good pick up. so it's always easy to just B word. Marv missed at times but he also did some very good things as well. Half full.

If drafting Kyle Williams, Brad Butler, Poz and Lynch represent Marv's shining moments as GM, it's pretty pathetic.

He traded up (overpaying in the process) to draft Poz, who has yet to prove that he's the long-term solution in the middle. David Harris is a better player at this point and the Bills could have had him by staying put.

Kyle Williams... meh... nice use of a 5th round pick.

Lynch is a good player but nowhere near as consistent as he needs to be and his legal troubles bring that pick down a notch. And no matter how you try to spin the Dockery signing, it was an unmitigated disaster.

Last but not least, Marv built the foundation for 7-9... 3 times. He was a bad GM. Were all his moves bad? No of course not, every dog has its day in the sun. But the bad far outweighed the good.

If drafting Kyle Williams, Brad Butler, Poz and Lynch represent Marv's shining moments as GM, it's pretty pathetic.

And here I was thinking were actually getting along. ;) Well for starters, you decided to skip over the best move Marv made. Consider me shock that you are nit picking posts again. :lol:

Marv tried a rb who trashed the city and who's name was bigger than his actual ability. With the picks from that trade, we were able to pick Trent Edwards and trade for Marcus Stroud.

So you don't think a trade for Stroud and Edwards for Willis isn't an absolutely amazing one? We got a pro type DT and a potential franchise Qb for a 3.9 ypc rusher. On top of that, the guy we drafted to replace Willis, Lynch, has had 2 1,000 yard + seasons and outrushed McGahee. And even further, our backup running back is from Marv's college. So because of Marv, we got Lynch & Jackson. i'd take that over Willis.

He traded up (overpaying in the process) to draft Poz, who has yet to prove that he's the long-term solution in the middle. David Harris is a better player at this point and the Bills could have had him by staying put.

Another classic Dawgg factless claims. Poz was 3rd in the NFL in tackles before he got hurt in his rookie season. In essentially, his rookie season, Poz was part of a defense that improved from 31st to 14th (the Jets finished 16th behind the immortal Harris).

Additionally, Harris finished with 75 tackles, 1 sack, and 1 PD. http://www.nfl.com/players/davidharris/profile?id=HAR362681

Poz finished with 110 tackles, 6 PD, and 1 INT. http://www.nfl.com/players/paulposluszny/p...le?id=POS250036

So despite the fact that Poz played on a better defense, that improved 17 spots in his first full season, and had better #s than Harris, Harris is the better player???? Another brilliant point by the Dawgg. Your logic is simply amazing. :P

Kyle Williams... meh... nice use of a 5th round pick.

Lynch is a good player but nowhere near as consistent as he needs to be and his legal troubles bring that pick down a notch. And no matter how you try to spin the Dockery signing, it was an unmitigated disaster.

Lynch is one of the best young rbs in the NFL. He's is 22 and basically has 2 strikes against him. Hopefully, this is his wake up call because he is on pace to have a great NFL career.

Not gonna really argue the DD move, but Marv was addressing the o-line. However by at a lot of reports, DD got soft. Still, the oline set franchise records for sacks allowed and Langston Walker (who you forget to mention) has been a very good signing.

Last but not least, Marv built the foundation for 7-9... 3 times. He was a bad GM. Were all his moves bad? No of course not, every dog has its day in the sun. But the bad far outweighed the good.

What a surprise. I completely disagree. The foundation of 7-9 was set by TD because he picked Losman. Levy & Jauron were forced to go into 2 seasons with Losman as a starter. This obviously set the franchise back. This season is completely on Levy because it is mainly his palyers and most importantly, his QB.

And Levy made many more good moves than bad ones. Unfortunately for fans like yourself, you are on some silly crusade to just tear down a great man and piss all over the team you supposedly love. I don't get it but I guess that's your own issue. But I'm gonna continue to drink and be merry because the glass is more than half full. :beer:

And here I was thinking were actually getting along. :P Well for starters, you decided to skip over the best move Marv made. Consider me shock that you are nit picking posts again. :lol:

Marv tried a rb who trashed the city and who's name was bigger than his actual ability. With the picks from that trade, we were able to pick Trent Edwards and trade for Marcus Stroud.

I give kudos to Marv for trading Willis McGahee. But it wasn't some stroke of brilliance. It was clear he needed to go. I think any GM with a brain would recognize that he has to make that move. The trade for Stroud was a good one, one that the team desperately needed because Marv screwed up the 2005 draft, passing on DT's at #8 and whiffing on McCargo after trading up in the draft. By that point, the Bills were desperate.

Another classic Dawgg factless claims. Poz was 3rd in the NFL in tackles before he got hurt in his rookie season. In essentially, his rookie season, Poz was part of a defense that improved from 31st to 14th (the Jets finished 16th behind the immortal Harris).

Additionally, Harris finished with 75 tackles, 1 sack, and 1 PD. http://www.nfl.com/players/davidharris/profile?id=HAR362681

Poz finished with 110 tackles, 6 PD, and 1 INT. http://www.nfl.com/players/paulposluszny/p...le?id=POS250036

You really going to do that again? Having played football yourself, you should know that tackles are among the most overrated stats out there. Let's also not forget that Harris missed considerable time last season. But the bottom line is that on the field Harris is a better player. I'd take him over Poz every day of the week and twice on Sunday. And again, drafting Poz was not some stroke of genius. Marv paid dearly to move up and get him... he gave up a high 3rd round pick to move up 9 spots in the draft in R2!!! Who does that??? Only Marv...

Not gonna really argue the DD move, but Marv was addressing the o-line. However by at a lot of reports, DD got soft. Still, the oline set franchise records for sacks allowed and Langston Walker (who you forget to mention) has been a very good signing.

What a surprise. I completely disagree. The foundation of 7-9 was set by TD because he picked Losman. Levy & Jauron were forced to go into 2 seasons with Losman as a starter. This obviously set the franchise back. This season is completely on Levy because it is mainly his palyers and most importantly, his QB.

Oh riiight Marv was stuck with JP and had no choice but to play him. Just like the Dolphins were stuck with John Beck? Just like Mangini is "stuck" with Brady Quinn? A football regime has full control over their roster. It didn't take a genius to realize that JP simply didn't have what it took to be a starting QB. To blame Donahoe's foundation for the 3 straight 7-9 seasons is a bit ludicrous.

As for Dockery, it was an awful move that set the franchise back -- yet you're continuing to make excuses. Dockery didn't "become" soft. He was soft from the get-go.

Stop. you post the same think every day. You hate Marv as GM. We get it. But you never point out all the good moves Marv has done. Traded a very average back in Willis for 2 3rds and a 5th. That is a huge trade in this market. With those picks, we picked Trent who maybe a franchise QB and used those picks to trade for Stroud. He also drafted guys like Kyle Williams, Brad Butler, Lynch (pro bowler), Whitner, Poz who are all around 25 and solid to good starters.

Additionally, he locked up Peters to what was a really good deal at the time. And though dockery failed, he still was part of a unit that allowed a franchise record for fewest sacks in a season. Plus, Walker has proven to be a very good pick up. so it's always easy to just B word. Marv missed at times but he also did some very good things as well. Half full.

Are we forgetting that he hired Jauron?

Are we forgetting that he hired Jauron?

I'm giving Jauron this final season because Edwards is in the best position to succeed of any QB that DJ has had. But if Jauron has a typical DJ, that I will admit Marv's tenure was a failure.

But don't forget that Belichick had a very Jauron-like record until Mo Lewis put Brady in his lap. all it takes is one season to completely change your history.

This has nothing to do with his recent arrest. I was just looking at the bills salary a number that stuck out to me is that Donte Whitner is making 5.05 mill a year. Is he really worth that?? Think what that 5 mill could get us if we used it elsewhere. One more salary is Kelsays 5.6 mill. What were we thinking when we signed these guys?????

He sucks. He isn't worth $5 bucks a year.

I'm giving Jauron this final season because Edwards is in the best position to succeed of any QB that DJ has had. But if Jauron has a typical DJ, that I will admit Marv's tenure was a failure.

But don't forget that Belichick had a very Jauron-like record until Mo Lewis put Brady in his lap. all it takes is one season to completely change your history.

Sounds fair enough to me. :devil: