Liberals Need to Take a Lesson

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. So Rush Limbaugh did not say about the president of my country "I want Obama to fail" ????

I mean, if he didn't wish failure on my country I might consider taking it back.

Rush is a wingnut homophobe of the worst kind, but at least he doesn't compare Obama to "Hitler" as you did.

Rush is a wingnut homophobe of the worst kind, but at least he doesn't compare Obama to "Hitler" as you did.

So when Obama made the speech in Germany during the election, and was drawing huge huge crowds at every speech, he was not compared to Hitler and the crowds he drew in Germany?

I could not find a quote by Limbaugh, but I could swear I remember him making a comparison to Nazi Germany and Obama's large crowds during the election. If not, I *know* that Fox News made that comparison.

Limbaugh definitely compared Obama to Robert Mugabe though. I think that is just as bad.

So when Obama made the speech in Germany during the election, and was drawing huge huge crowds at every speech, he was not compared to Hitler and the crowds he drew in Germany?

I could not find a quote by Limbaugh, but I could swear I remember him making a comparison to Nazi Germany and Obama's large crowds during the election. If not, I *know* that Fox News made that comparison.

People in this country tend to be stupid sheep. They aren't really taught much about Hitler or Nazi Germany- nor are they taught about all of the German attempts to assassinate him....basically Nazi's and Germans are lumped into one homogenous group by our history classes- the same classes that teach that Nixon was impeached,

People in this country tend to be stupid sheep. They aren't really taught much about Hitler or Nazi Germany- nor are they taught about all of the German attempts to assassinate him....basically Nazi's and Germans are lumped into one homogenous group by our history classes- the same classes that teach that Nixon was impeached,

My father-in-law was lived in Germany during Hitler's rise to power. His mother was a jew, which made him a jew and he was a marked man until he was able to escape. He wrote this book about his life and escape.

Was he praising Obama because he really admires how he handled the issue? Or because his highly-developed sense of self-preservation told him that it would be bad to wish failure on him when such failure would have resulted in the death of Capt. Phillips?

He was being sincere, he then went on to say they're probably going to try and make this into a TV movie and the media will be obsessed over it, but he basically said hey...he did a good job on this.

And liberals on this thread are losing their minds over this attacking him left and right...comparing him to Hitler for crying out loud. Its like an instinct to just foam at the mouth and attack.

See what I mean? This is how it was with Bush, everything he did was evil. I vowed I'd never be like that.

Have you been living under a rock for the last three months?

What a jackass! Asking NYC cop if he's been living under a rock. :devil: Yeah, I'm so sure bitter old bastards rate higher than NYC police on the relevance and/or awareness meters. More evidence for my "RI is a phony, (doesn't-really)-know-it-all" theory.

And yeah, Bill, it appears you are right, they are so affected they simply cannot help themselves. I saw your "kudos" in the pirate thread(hmm, that sounds kinda cool for some reason) and thought the same thing.

And liberals on this thread are losing their minds over this attacking him left and right...comparing him to Hitler for crying out loud. Its like an instinct to just foam at the mouth and attack.

See what I mean? This is how it was with Bush, everything he did was evil. I vowed I'd never be like that.

Cuz, Limbaugh never compared Obama to Robert Mugabe?

Look, even Newt gave Obama a compliment. Probably burns him to do so, but he did it. Everybody going to blast him now and compare him to Hitler too

Newt offers measured praise for Obama on rescue

Former Speaker Newt Gingrich said on Saturday via Twitter that "President obama is making a major mistake in not forcefully oulining the rules of civilization for dealing with pirates."

"We look weak," Gingrich wrote.

A day later, US Navy snipers, with authority from the president, killed three pirates and freed the American ship captain who had been taken hostage in the Indian Ocean.

I asked the former speaker, via Twitter, how he felt after the rescue.

He didn't respond directly to my question, but did point to a Tweet earlier today.

"The navy seals did exactly [the] right thing in rescuing the american captain," he wrote. "President obama did the right thing in allowing the navy to act."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/040..._on_rescue.html

Please write an essay listing all the things that Obama has done right.

Sorry it's not in essay format, however, in no particular order...

1. He let his wife hire a full-time make-up artist.

2. He sent Hillary to Mexico. (She came back, but I don't think that was his fault.)

3. He gave Stevie Wonder a lifetime achievement award.

4. He served his guests wagyu steak.

5. He gave us four years of Joe Biden in prime time. I love that lying, plagiarizing, hair-plugged galoot.

6. He's showing everyone that just because you're ass-deep in debt doesn't mean you have to stop buying shhiit you don't need.

He was being sincere, he then went on to say they're probably going to try and make this into a TV movie and the media will be obsessed over it, but he basically said hey...he did a good job on this.

I didn't attack him. I didn't hear him say it and I certainly don't have any insight into what he thinks or feels.

If he's being reasonable, good for him. Of course - I don't think he COULD defend attacking Obama on this situation because by all accounts he was smart enough to empower and trust the people he knew could DO the job - to just do it. And because he's also not politicizing it. (I am sure there is a temptation to hang a MISSION ACCOMPLISHED banner somewhere...I would argue that belongs to the SEALS who did such a great job, not the President.)

My biggest issue with Bush was that he was a puppet who didn't stand up to the evil Cheney and the extremist fanatics who took over his party and tried to foist their Victorian-era "values" on America. I think Bush just wants to watch baseball and hang with his rich friends...but when you're President, the country has to come first.

I didn't attack him. I didn't hear him say it and I certainly don't have any insight into what he thinks or feels.

If he's being reasonable, good for him. Of course - I don't think he COULD defend attacking Obama on this situation because by all accounts he was smart enough to empower and trust the people he knew could DO the job - to just do it. And because he's also not politicizing it. (I am sure there is a temptation to hang a MISSION ACCOMPLISHED banner somewhere...I would argue that belongs to the SEALS who did such a great job, not the President.)

My biggest issue with Bush was that he was a puppet who didn't stand up to the evil Cheney and the extremist fanatics who took over his party and tried to foist their Victorian-era "values" on America. I think Bush just wants to watch baseball and hang with his rich friends...but when you're President, the country has to come first.

100% agree with ya on Obama/SEALS paragraph.

And you have every right to feel the way you do about Bush. I have no problem with people hating him, I just got really annoyed that the left did everything in their power to make every single thing Bush did out to be evil intended. For example, Bush raised the level of aid to Africa (including fighting AIDS) from $1 billion to $5 billion and he was loved in parts of Africa as a result. I'm sure after reading that there are those that will rush to try and take that down somehow.

I think its important as a country for BOTH sides to put the pride aside and acknowledge when the other side does something right.

I agree fully. Finally at the end of his presidency, like the last 3 months it seemed like he was finally starting to put his foot down. I do give Bush props for not pardoning Scooter Libby, even though by all accounts Cheney practically begged him to do so.

100% agree with ya on Obama/SEALS paragraph.

And you have every right to feel the way you do about Bush. I have no problem with people hating him, I just got really annoyed that the left did everything in their power to make every single thing Bush did out to be evil intended. For example, Bush raised the level of aid to Africa (including fighting AIDS) from $1 billion to $5 billion and he was loved in parts of Africa as a result. I'm sure after reading that there are those that will rush to try and take that down somehow.

I think its important as a country for BOTH sides to put the pride aside and acknowledge when the other side does something right.

The left will NEVER understand your reasoning, Bill. Stop trying Its the hate they thrive on.

Lol. So Rush Limbaugh did not say about the president of my country "I want Obama to fail" ????

I mean, if he didn't wish failure on my country I might consider taking it back.

I've yet to hear how that statement is wrong. If he wants the policies of a government to fail instead of the loss of liberties I see nothing wrong with that.

Didn't you mention Hitler before? Would it be appropriate to say, if you lived circa 1937, you want him to fail? Not because you want the country to fail, but because you want the policies he plans on enacting on Americans to fail.

Since you used the big "H" as your previous analogy I feel right in using the big "H" myself.

Edit: In all fairness though Rush wasn't critical enough on Bush's big spending. He brought it up, but never forcefully. He should have wished for previous administration to fail economically instead of propping up financial markets through inflation.

I've yet to hear how that statement is wrong. If he wants the policies of a government to fail instead of the loss of liberties I see nothing wrong with that.

Didn't you mention Hitler before? Would it be appropriate to say, if you lived circa 1937, you want him to fail? Not because you want the country to fail, but because you want the policies he plans on enacting on Americans to fail.

Since you used the big "H" as your previous analogy I feel right in using the big "H" myself.

Edit: In all fairness though Rush wasn't critical enough on Bush's big spending. He brought it up, but never forcefully. He should have wished for previous administration to fail economically instead of propping up financial markets through inflation.

You need to both shut up with the Hitler references.