HOF Question

Chief D

I bought my HOF game and Induction tickets yesterday. My brother and I are going to the events even though it is his anniversary!

I have over 60 different Bruce Smith football cards and 5 from the 1985 season. Can anyonde tell me what is considered Bruce Smith's official rookie card? Thanks

I'm sorry I do not know that answer Cheif. I was just about to start a HOF thread asking about the tickets. Are the tickets that are advertised only for the HOF Game? or the Induction as well? Does anyone know? I was given information from a freind that went to the J. Kelly HOF induction that it was first come first serve on the day of the induction, and he didnt have to purchase tickets prior to going. Does anyone have any information on this?

Game tickets aren't on sale til tomorrow.

As far as the induction ceremonies, they just started selling tickets beforehand a few years ago. Before that, it was first come, first serve and you could sit anywhere in the stands that you wanted...which was great if you ran into someone out there that you know. Now you have to buy reserved seat tickets beforehand

I have been a card collector for over 40 years and a dealer for almost 15. Bruce only has one rookie card, it is 1986 Topps (card #389), a green background card with little white stripes. That set also has Andre Reed's only rookie card. Until the late 1980's, players didn't have a football card until after thier rookie season, that is why since Bruce was a rookie in 1985, his rookie card is 1986.

Game tickets aren't on sale til tomorrow.

As far as the induction ceremonies, they just started selling tickets beforehand a few years ago. Before that, it was first come, first serve and you could sit anywhere in the stands that you wanted...which was great if you ran into someone out there that you know. Now you have to buy reserved seat tickets beforehand

Thanks Philster. I guess ill have to get my tickets tomorrow when they go on sale or im boned.

I'm sorry I do not know that answer Cheif. I was just about to start a HOF thread asking about the tickets. Are the tickets that are advertised only for the HOF Game? or the Induction as well? Does anyone know? I was given information from a freind that went to the J. Kelly HOF induction that it was first come first serve on the day of the induction, and he didnt have to purchase tickets prior to going. Does anyone have any information on this?

The induction ceremony and the game are different tickets. You may be able to buy the induction ceremony as a walk up, but I was told they sell out quick. So, I bought mine the day Bruce and Ralph were announced. I'll be calling at 10:59am tomorrow to get the game tickets and hopefully complete a great weekend of Bills and family.

There were several good threads back at the time they announced this year's inductees. If you're going, it might be worthwhile to search and read through them. Lots of good advice. I think the biggest problem is hotels. Apparently they fill up quick (or at least the cheap ones do). We're staying in a Holiday Inn in south Cleveland - coulda gotten better but several family members already booked there, so we decided to stay close to them (probably a mistake :thumbsup:).

The induction ceremony and the game are different tickets. You may be able to buy the induction ceremony as a walk up, but I was told they sell out quick. So, I bought mine the day Bruce and Ralph were announced. I'll be calling at 10:59am tomorrow to get the game tickets and hopefully complete a great weekend of Bills and family.

There were several good threads back at the time they announced this year's inductees. If you're going, it might be worthwhile to search and read through them. Lots of good advice. I think the biggest problem is hotels. Apparently they fill up quick (or at least the cheap ones do). We're staying in a Holiday Inn in south Cleveland - coulda gotten better but several family members already booked there, so we decided to stay close to them (probably a mistake :thumbsup:).

Tickets for the induction already went on sale? where did you go to get them?

I bought my game and induction tickets off Craigslist throught Stubhub. Great seats and ok price. I did buy them seprately. Thanks for the info on Bruce's rookie card. It would sure be nice to get it signed there in Canton!!

Tickets for the induction already went on sale? where did you go to get them?

Yeah got them quite a bit back. We went straight through the HOF website as I recall that Monday/Tuesday after they announced the inductees. They had all sorts of package deals, but we just got the tickets and figured we'd wing it (as several posters here suggested) as far as all the festivities go. My sister got the tickets, so I don't' have the exact price. It's my turn to buy the game tickets... then we make up the difference in beer.