America in 2059

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it even possible to guess how the world will be 50 years from now? As a mental exercise,try to think how you would answer the same question in 1959.[blzrul and conner still blaming Bush for all the worlds problems is not a acceptable answer].

Problem is, progression is not linear. If you were to ask that question back then, a more fair question today would be to ask what it will look like in 2014.

If you look at it by means of an equation, either the world won't be around then, or we will have to suffer massive calamities in order to both stop our progress and eliminate current technologies. There is no other way around it. The real eggheads will try and tell you that we will achieve total conciousness and immortality thanks to the aid of computers and scientific advancements, but realists like myself are there to tell them we are more likely to blow each other up, or some intern at CDC is going to set off the sprinkler system by accident and we all get the "flu".

As much as I have fun throwing tomatoes at each other with the Economy, this is the real crisis behind the scenes. In a sense this is why the economy is being transformed in front of our eyes. It is time to take ourselves out and have a shot to survive long term before the laws of physics and nature would do it for us. I don't agree with how the process is unfolding, but in certain decision makers' minds, they are doing the right thing. Or at least they tell themselves that so they can sleep at night.