How would you like to have this guy

Rockinon

I agree that he looks good, but if the Bills go offense and Mack is available we should grab him. We have not had a stud center since Hull left us and that kid is the definition of stud who plays with a nasty streak to the whistle. If we had Mack we could move Hangartner to guard where he has played before and where I think he is better suited with his size 6-5, 301.

I was also watching the highlights of Urbik I thought he looked horrible, who would put a reel like that out? It was like watching a T-Rex on skates. Looked way too easy to shed those short stubby arms and he seemed to be off balance a lot.

Michael Oher at LT though looks really good, if the Peters situation continues to degenerate, LT will become more of a need in this draft than Center where Hangartner can (hopefully) do no worse than Preston.

Now this is a good idea. A little info on Mack:

2008: One of the best centers in the country with a long list of awards by his name ... recipient of the Draddy Trophy as college football's top scholar-athlete, an award that includes a $25,000 postgraduate scholarship ... named the Pac-10 Scholar-Athlete of the Year for football ... selected a first-team All-American by Rivals.com ... also chosen a second-team All-American by Walter Camp and the Sporting News and a third-team All-American by the Associated Press ... won the Morris Trophy as the best offensive lineman in the Pac-10 (as voted by Pac-10 defensive linemen) for the second year in a row, just the third player to receive the award twice ... a finalist for the Rimington Trophy given to the top center in college football ... also a finalist for the Lowe's Senior CLASS Award for academic and athletic accomplishment ... named a semifinalist for the Rotary Lombardi Award ... earned first-team All-Pac-10 and Pac-10 All-Academic notice ... chosen a first-team mid-season All-American by the Sporting News and College Football News ... Cal's Co-Offensive MVP ... received the team's Schlessinger Coaches Award, which recognizes outstanding athletic ability, academic success and community service ...had three pancakes and four knockdowns in the opener against Michigan State ... registered five pancakes and four knockdowns against Arizona State ... tallied a season-high six pancakes against Stanford ... prior to the year, selected to the Playboy Preseason All-American Team ... has the top clean all-time at Cal (all positions) at 374 pounds.

2007: Selected as a finalist for the Rimington Trophy as the top center in the nation ... earned the Morris Trophy as the top offensive lineman in the Pac-10 as voted on by the league's defensive linemen ... one of just three players to be a unanimous first-team All-Pac-10 selection ... a first-team All-American at center by The Sporting News and an honorable mention All-American by SI.com ... honored as the midseason first-team All-American center by Phil Steele's Magazine as well as a midseason first-team All-American by SI.com and Rivals.com ... rated as the No. 1 junior center in the nation by Mel Kiper ... also a semifinalist for the Rotary Lombardi Award ... anchored offensive line which allowed just 11 sacks (best in the Pac-10, third in the nation) ... voted the team's Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman (Brick Muller Award) ... led the team in pancakes, knockdowns and cuts ... earned ESPN The Magazine Academic All-District honors for the second straight year ... named to the Pac-10 All-Academic First Team ... Cal averaged 165.7 rushing yards per game including nine individual 100-yard efforts ... helped pave the way to 471 yards of total offense, including 230 on the ground, against Tennessee ... opened the hole for QB Nate Longshore to duck into the end zone for a two-yard score against the Volunteers ... Cal leads the Pac-10 and ranks third in the nation in sacks allowed over the last two years (24) ... rated as the No. 3 center in the nation by The Sporting News ... also on preseason Watch List for the Outland Trophy (best interior lineman).

2006: Garnered first-team All-Pac-10 honors after starting all 13 games at the center position ... second team Pac-10 All-Academic selection ... voted the team's Most Improved Offensive Lineman ... finished the regular season with team-highs of 25.5 pancakes and 57.5 knockdowns ... named to ESPN.com's All-Bowl team after helping the Bears spring two running backs for 100-yard games and not allowing a sack in the Holiday Bowl win over Texas A&M ... registered a game-high 10 knockdowns against Minnesota.

2005: Spent the season as the backup to two-time first-team all-league center Marvin Philip ... got in some quality reps over the course of the year, playing in seven games ... had five pancake blocks ... an honorable mention Pac-10 All-Academic selection.

2004: Redshirt.

High School: Selected to PrepStar's All-West team ... helped team rush for 2,031 yards in 2003 ... listed No. 101 on SuperPrep's Top 132 seniors in California, landing him on that service's All-Far West team ... played both ways, also logging 93 tackles and eight sacks on defense ... named the Channel League's Co-Most Valuable Player on defense and a first team all-league selection ... two-time All-CIF choice and a three-time all-county and all-league member ... voted San Marcos' Most Valuable Player in 2003 ... also wrestled four years in high school and advanced to the state wrestling tournament as a CIF heavyweight champion ... owned a 26-1 record on the mat as a senior.

Personal: Parents are Steve and Cheryl Mack ... born Nov. 19, 1985 ... earned his bachelor's degree in legal studies in 2008 and competed during his final campaign as a graduate student in education.

I was very much for drafting Duke Robinson in the second round, but recently I've changed my view. I've been reading from sources that refer to him as a player who doesn't give it his all during practices and lazy. I've also read that he is more of a mauler, and wouldn't fit too well in our zone blocking scheme, sort of like Dockery. I'm backing off Robinson and leaning more on Levitre for a thrid round selection.

Agree. Kugler went to his Pro Day, though, I know that. Maybe we take TE and DE first, and look at Levitre and Urbik in RD3.

Jason Peters won't be playing here anymore so what's your point?

PTR

Is that Promo the Robot from that old Channel 7 kids show, "Rocket Ship 7", from the late 60's into the early 70's??

on your avatar there?