Great article from National Football Post's Michael Lombardi on

I think that will be one of the more exciting drafts this year with all the coaching changes and realignment of players. I also believe that Russ Brandon has more confidence and is willing to reshape our direction. Lombardi incorrectly states that we are picking 12th but other than that I find his insights and predictions very interesting. Last year he made some bold statements and they were pretty accurate. It seems that he has some credible inside information at times.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/0...sunday-edition/

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/0...-make-a-splash/

I think that will be one of the more exciting drafts this year with all the coaching changes and realignment of players. I also believe that Russ Brandon has more confidence and is willing to reshape our direction. Lombardi incorrectly states that we are picking 12th but other than that I find his insights and predictions very interesting. Last year he made some bold statements and they were pretty accurate. It seems that he has some credible inside information at times.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/0...sunday-edition/

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/0...-make-a-splash/

T19

If RB was the sole decision maker on this team, I'd say yes the roster is being reshaped. Then again, when you're coming off three consecutive 7-9 seasons, keeping things the same would probably not work either.

DJ is on the hot seat, the makeup of the front office has not worked, and if this season doesn't result in a playoff appearance, everyone should be canned or re-assigned.

You see at the bottom of the page?

Trade winds are blowing, and the Cleveland Browns seem to be making the most noise of any team. I hear from more than one NFL team that the Browns have a No. 1 pick on the table for Brady Quinn and are looking for more. However, it appears to the teams that I’ve talked to that the Browns will make the move to trade Quinn. There seem to be two teams very interested. They also will move Braylon Edwards and have at least a No. 1 pick on the table right now. Expect the Browns to have their team reshaped by the time the draft ends.

Somebody willing to come up off of a 1st for Quinn and the Browns haven't taken. Seems strange if they don't think he's their guy :flirt: .

Longtime NFL executive Lombardi had 2 observations that stood out in the article.

Left tackles are always hard to find, and to trade one never seems to make sense in my world.

Adding more picks for players might look good on paper, but it will not help the coach in 2009.

One step forward, two steps back.

Once again, outside of bitter Bills land, you get an idea of how Peters is viewed, and that is of an elite LT talent. I've been saying something like this for a while now when Lombardi said : I strongly doubt the Bills would be able to replace Peters in the draft at No. 12 and doubt even more that moving him would help their team win in 2009. Left tackles are always hard to find, and to trade one never seems to make sense in my world.

There IS something missing in Parrish's game, and it's called "coaching", as in play-calling, finding innovative ways to get your play-makers the ball, and making sure you do that.

Good players find ways to make plays, and he hasn't been able to do so. I know you like him a lot, but it is what it is.

Good players find ways to make plays, and he hasn't been able to do so. I know you like him a lot, but it is what it is.

I would keep him as a PR alone unless we can get a starter for him, like, say, Scheffler or Waters, which I suppose is possible since the draft pick speculation (a third or a fourth) have been similar for all three, although of course we really don't know that.

I am fully convinced, however, that almost any other team in the league would have found ways to get Parrish the ball in the open field 4-5 times a game, and the Bills simply don't. But then again there are certain things almost all high school teams do 4-5 times a game that the Bills don't, like roll the QB out and play-action after a couple straight good runs, and throw the ball downfield to loosen the safeties (whether they are completions or not). So I am not surprised.

Longtime NFL executive Lombardi had 2 observations that stood out in the article.

Left tackles are always hard to find, and to trade one never seems to make sense in my world.

Adding more picks for players might look good on paper, but it will not help the coach in 2009.

One step forward, two steps back.

yeah, but it makes the team more profitable and valuable. avoid a 10m per year headache in peters and have 2-3 inexpensive but "intriguing" first round draft choices to keep the fans in their seats. sounds pretty smart to me. bills fans are basically blindly loyal and will show up for the tailgate if nothing else if the team is remotely competitive.

It's very hard for a WR to make plays by himself. Parrish is criminally misused on this team.

As for the whole 'Brandon putting his stamp on the team', well, I think that's pretty much rubbish. Russ is one of the members of the FO team, and the one with the least experience in player evaluation...he even understands that.

It's very hard for a WR to make plays by himself. Parrish is criminally misused on this team.

As for the whole 'Brandon putting his stamp on the team', well, I think that's pretty much rubbish. Russ is one of the members of the FO team, and the one with the least experience in player evaluation...he even understands that.

Yeah, why does everyone seem to think this is Brandon's ship? Is it so hard to understand the Bills take a group approach? Tim Graham told us as much...

100 % INCORRECT Lack of coaching is the correct answer.

%100 DISAGREE

Good players find ways to make plays.

As much as you'd all like to blame the coach, he hasn't gotten the job done. Not only did he not become a good #2 WR, He couldn't get the job done as a slot WR, and now will most likely lose his job as the #4WR.

Could the coaches of found ways to use him more effectively? sure they could of. But it is clear that in order for him to have success as a WR you would have to devise creative ways in using him.

You guys are blinded by your bias towards Parrish. Blame the coaching staff, that's the easy way out, bottom line is he hasn't found a way to get open and he hasn't produced as a WR. Anyone who is not a Bills fan can see that.

Why would the Browns be looking to trade Brady Quinn? This makes no sense to me. Didn't they give up a first round pick for him? He's started what like 8 games maybe? What am I missing :wacko:

Mangenius is trying to put "his stamp" on the team. Plus, they have been trying to move Anderson for months now and appear not be be getting much interest.

%100 DISAGREE

Good players find ways to make plays.

As much as you'd all like to blame the coach, he hasn't gotten the job done. Not only did he not become a good #2 WR, He couldn't get the job done as a slot WR, and now will most likely lose his job as the #4WR.

Could the coaches of found ways to use him more effectively? sure they could of. But it is clear that in order for him to have success as a WR you would have to devise creative ways in using him.

You guys are blinded by your bias towards Parrish. Blame the coaching staff, that's the easy way out, bottom line is he hasn't found a way to get open and he hasn't produced as a WR. Anyone who is not a Bills fan can see that.

Explain to me then why Lee Evans is making 9 million dollars a year and considered to be one of the best WRs in the game and yet has averaged 59 catches for 900 yards and 4 TDs a year the last two years, which are VERY pedestrian numbers.

Good players make plays, right? Great players make a LOT of plays I would imagine.