How about a DT?

I see Pettigrew compared to Bubba Franks a lot. A great blocker who can help in the passing game not a dominant receiver. Is that the #11 pick that is going to make us a better team? I prefer Chase Coffman. Take Cushing or Matthews with the early pick.

I think we have other needs to be filled in the early rounds. Imagine how much better our line would be with Everette Brown and Schoebel and Stroud... there'd be some pressure. I'd rather they take a large, immovable tackle in the later rounds, someone who would just clog the middle, and let Stroud and the ends rush the passer. I'm also curious to see, if Brown or another pass rushing DE is picked in the first, if they'd be willing to throw Kelsay or Denney in next to Stroud, as a DT, on obvious passing plays. That'd be reminiscent of the Giants approach to the Pat's in the Super Bowl, which I believe we have to emmulate this year to beat the Pats (pressure Brady to no end).

Exactly.

The last time we beat the patsies was when we had SAM ADAMS and PAT WILLIAMS (back to my original post-2 stud DTs)

We should, but its a matter if Raji is there at 11. If he is, then we should take him. If he isn't, than there is no DT worthy of the 11th pick.

I really think that Peria Jerry will surprise a lot of people- maybe not his first year, but I think he is a stud- he was the main reason Ole Miss had the best D-line in football last season.