Look! Another Peters thread!

Peters,Peters,Peters, The Fat cat had one good year. Do you think the phone is ringing off the hook with great offers for him? The Eagles have said trade talks with the Bills are untrue.How many other teams out there are going to make him the highest paid O-lineman in the NFL history? He is going to be a hard one to trade with his salary demands. :flirt:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Peters should have shown up last year (2008) and not been a turnstile on the left side?

:flirt:

The problem is, if he did, he and his agent would be asking for the same amount, 11.5 a year, to make him the highest paid LT in the game.

And the Bills, although happier with him, would be arguing internally about how much to pay him, they don't want to make him the highest paid LT in the game.

And they would still have the same worry that if he got the money, maybe he wouldn't put out the way he had in the first four years of his career.

He had a sub-par year last year, but you can't say he didn't try. The holdout clearly hurt him because he wasn't in game shape for awhile and he hadn't played with his teammates (who sucked around him) and he hadnt played in the new offense. And yet he was still damn good. And young. And in his prime.

Let's look at another situation, which I think is very similar.

Let's say you have an octogenarian boss who rarely listens to others' advice and runs his company with a micromanaged iron fist. He is in the star business, and knows that you need to spend big to make big. Yet, there's one star who while earning him pretty big sums is starting to be a royal pain by costing a lot more without providing commensurate returns. More importantly, the star isn't as deferential to the boss as he should be (according to the boss).

What does the boss do? He stages an uncharacteristically public firing of the star by severing all ties. The star laughs, the industry lines up behind the star, and then the star goes on to be a massive flop in every vehicle he touches since the departure. Why? Because he had gotten too expensive for the work he was producing and he just wasn't as good as the true masters of the craft.

Meanwhile the old coot made out fine, as his company either led or was 2nd in they key industry category ever since the star got dumped (until the credit crunch nearly wipes out his family holdings).

I think you know the story I'm talking about.

I don't agree with the analogy because in this case, I see the star being a superstar in his prime who had one bad run like all stars do, and he will be going on to make huge hits for the next company that he works for, happy that the young hotshot owner shows him some love because the big baby needs coddling. Meanwhile the craggy old coot boss is nuts, and still holds onto a lot of crappy directors and producers and casting agents who don't know how to make a megahit, and he loses one of the few stars he has, destined to another year of putting out crappy titles. :flirt: