Successful European Trip?

I guess if you judge it by Michelle's publicity.

"And what did he get for this obsessive denigration of his own country? He wanted more NATO combat troops in Afghanistan to match the surge of 17,000 Americans. He was rudely rebuffed.

He wanted more stimulus spending from Europe. He got nothing.

From Russia, he got no help on Iran. From China, he got the blocking of any action on North Korea.

And what did he get for Guantanamo? France, pop. 64 million, will take one prisoner. One! (Sadly, he'll have to leave his swim buddy behind.) The Austrians said they would take none. As Interior Minister Maria Fekter explained with impeccable Germanic logic, if they're not dangerous, why not just keep them in America?

When Austria is mocking you, you're having a bad week. Yet who can blame Frau Fekter, considering the disdain Obama showed his own country while on foreign soil, acting the philosopher-king who hovers above the fray mediating between his renegade homeland and an otherwise warm and welcoming world?"

http://townhall.com/columnists/CharlesKrau...resident?page=2

I think you ought to draw up in tabular form all the great successes GWB had during his European vacations (don't count the shoulder massage of the German lady, that was a faux pas, nor holding hands and kissing Saudi Arabians).

Then we can see the vast greatness of Bush's accomplishments during his 8 years and compare them to Obama's woeful failure in less than 8 months.

And whatever you do, do NOT forget about Poland. Want some wood?

I think you ought to draw up in tabular form all the great successes GWB had during his European vacations (don't count the shoulder massage of the German lady, that was a faux pas, nor holding hands and kissing Saudi Arabians).

Then we can see the vast greatness of Bush's accomplishments during his 8 years and compare them to Obama's woeful failure in less than 8 months.

Closer relations with Eastern Europe, including getting many of them in to NATO, doesn't count? Or a multi-national commitment to Afghanistan?

The media didn't fawn over the Bush trips like they did with Obama. You'd think Obama was the second coming of Christ in Europe and everything went to plan.

Obama apologized for Americans, called us arrogant, made us a bit more popular but achieved none of his policy goals.

And do you REALLY want to bring up the Saudis after that bow to the king?

The media didn't fawn over the Bush trips like they did with Obama. You'd think Obama was the second coming of Christ in Europe and everything went to plan.

Obama apologized for Americans, called us arrogant, made us a bit more popular but achieved none of his policy goals.

And do you REALLY want to bring up the Saudis after that bow to the king?

Well according to the liar in chief (that's Biden) being "liked" equals being "safer."

President Obama demonstrably bowing to an Islamic King. Very interesting.......

خادم الحرمين الشريفين الملك عبد الله بن عبد العزيز آل سعود‎

Yeah, showing respect to others always sucks. Best always to be arrogant and in your face. That makes it more fun to cut us down to size.

Closer relations with Eastern Europe, including getting many of them in to NATO, doesn't count? Or a multi-national commitment to Afghanistan?

If when it happens in a few months I presume all due credit will be given?

Bush looked down Putin's throat on his big trip and "saw his soul"...what did we get out of it? Need we go there?

Patience grasshopper. After 8 years of sh-- the world isn't quite ready to forgive and trust us fully

Bush looked down Putin's throat on his big trip and "saw his soul"...what did we get out of it? Need we go there?

Patience grasshopper. After 8 years of sh-- the world isn't quite ready to forgive and trust us fully

It comes out today that the Messiah's photo in Iraq was staged. They asked the troops "Who voted for Obama/" Moved them to the front and gave them all cameras. Notice how all the cameras in the photo are the same brand.

If Obama pulls off a foreign policy coup, I will give him full credit. Do you honestly think otherwise? As I said...I even give him a pass this first trip, because I think there's a realistic limit on how much a president can really accomplish on his first visit abroad.

That doesn't change the fact that Bush's foreign policy wasn't nearly as bad as people would like to think, particularly in his second term.

If Obama pulls off a foreign policy coup, I will give him full credit. Do you honestly think otherwise? As I said...I even give him a pass this first trip, because I think there's a realistic limit on how much a president can really accomplish on his first visit abroad.

That doesn't change the fact that Bush's foreign policy wasn't nearly as bad as people would like to think, particularly in his second term.

Well then let's not talk about it for another 6-8 years, because if we are to give Bush, the experienced politician and man with great executive experience, credit for what took him so long we certainly ought to give the same leeway to the man with less experience...who's trying to clean up the worst mess since 1929.

Well then let's not talk about it for another 6-8 years, because if we are to give Bush, the experienced politician and man with great executive experience, credit for what took him so long we certainly ought to give the same leeway to the man with less experience...who's trying to clean up the worst mess since 1929.

The worst foreign policy mess?

I'm perfectly okay with giving Obama's administration time to get it's collective feet under it. I do, however, feel free to criticize them for that ridiculous "reset button" stunt with Russia - gimmicks like that are NOT a proper demonstration of execution of foreign policy, no matter the inexperience of the administration.

The worst foreign policy mess?

I'm perfectly okay with giving Obama's administration time to get it's collective feet under it. I do, however, feel free to criticize them for that ridiculous "reset button" stunt with Russia - gimmicks like that are NOT a proper demonstration of execution of foreign policy, no matter the inexperience of the administration.

Classic example of over-thinking something. How !@#$king hard it is to find SOMEONE in the White House who can correctly translate a single word in Russian. Apparently it's as difficult as finding a Treasury Secretary who didn't cheat on his taxes.

Classic example of over-thinking something. How !@#$king hard it is to find SOMEONE in the White House who can correctly translate a single word in Russian. Apparently it's as difficult as finding a Treasury Secretary who didn't cheat on his taxes.

It didn't come from the White House, it came from State...which is even worse.

And judging from what I've heard from a couple people there, most of the people at State are less embarrassed about the mistranslation than they are about the stupid Cracker-Jack-Prize gimmick in the first place. The mistranslation isn't even the issue.

Or finding an ambasador to the Vatican that is pro-life. Caroline Kennedy was the THIRD nominee the Vatican refused to accept.

It didn't come from the White House, it came from State...which is even worse.

And judging from what I've heard from a couple people there, most of the people at State are less embarrassed about the mistranslation than they are about the stupid Cracker-Jack-Prize gimmick in the first place. The mistranslation isn't even the issue.

I didn't know that. Interesting. Frankly, I didn't think the idea was bad. Just the execution.