Whitner arrested in Cleveland

Beerball

Cops do have a hard job, but I'm not sure I agree with you on NFL players getting off scot-free. Seems to me, NFL players are used as an example and in some cases get very harsh sentences unless you are commenting more on consequence in the public's eye and even then I'm still not sure I agree with you.

For every person saying Michael Vick deserves another chance you have ten that says otherwise.

Believe me, I've been there, done that :thumbdown:

I can see both sides of the argument. Being a celebrity has its advantages and disadvantages. You make a good point.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
I can see both sides of the argument. Being a celebrity has its advantages and disadvantages. You make a good point.

On the same token I'm sure being a celebrity can also get you out of trouble and does from time to time, we just don't hear about it. :thumbdown:

Yeah, that House of Blues croud is a pretty sketchy scene...

I do not know what kind of 'scene' there is at The House of Blues in Ohio. But i wll tell you being in any bar or venue where alcohol is served at 3 a.m is not a good place to be. Tony Dungy use to tell his players if she says no at 11 she will say no at 3. So might as well take it to the house. Now i am paraphrasing, but its a good leason for these guys.

This arrest has nothing to do with race. When certain people black and white get over it. Our country will truly be united.

I was not blasting the guy. Sorry if that was how it appeared. I was responding to the many posts which automatically assumed that the cop was some sort of racist, or that cops as a rule enjoy "putting black people in their place."

I read somewhere that Whitner was drinking during the day on some sort of blog. I don't knock him for that either in terms of being a human being, but if this keeps up it will effect his performance on the field, and perhaps his life as a whole.

Alcohol is a legal substance. He is and should be allowed to drink and I don't imply otherwise but this is 2 strikes which I would bet are both alcohol related. I would hope that he talks to someone, or at least takes a long look at himself and what might be happening.

O, I'm sry I didn't take your post like that..I was just curious as to how you would deal with him drinking if you really felt this was an issue and you were in a position of power in the Bills organization...I agree with the bolded

You sound pretty ignorant. Believe it or not having a degree from a "top university" is not a requirement for being a good person. Their are also lots of people in this country who are quite intelligent, who make less than what a cop makes. You act as though, only the best get to go to college. Talk about a warped sense of reality. I bet you think the military is only made up of mongoloids and losers of society. Why do some people associate intelligence and values, with degrees and paychecks? A cops job is to serve and protect. I'm sorry you think drug trafficking and prostitution are stupid. The main reason why being a cop is tough, is because people like you are constantly putting them down. What other low paying professions are made up of losers? What is the salary cutoff, where the average employee is intelligent? How much do I need to make, to know that my average co-worker isn't a scumbag? You know their are more people in this country who do shtty work, than not.

amazing points

Alright, I got to share something. After reading this blurb from Tim's article:

"Whitner began swinging his arms in a violent manner and, when restrained by officers, he broke free and took a fighting stance"

...a fighting stance? What is this, Street Fighter? Did he break into this stance?

Alright, I got to share something. After reading this blurb from Tim's article:

"Whitner began swinging his arms in a violent manner and, when restrained by officers, he broke free and took a fighting stance"

...a fighting stance? What is this, Street Fighter? Did he break into this stance?

Or this stance