Parrish made 4 million in 08

First of all I would hate to lose Roscoe Parrish

Best PR in the league (sorry Devin Hester)

Give you a player that can take it to the house on any play

teams kick away from him adding to possible field position.

Coached by the Best Special Teams coach in the game thanks Bobby April, you will be coach by mid season hopefully :thumbdown:

But is he worth 4 million a year??

I wish i knew what the cap hit would be if we traded him ( somebody who knows please post it)

But maybe this is to free up some money for Jason Peters

If we have to lose Parrish in order to keep Jason Peters....well thats a tough one to swallow

the thing that bothers me is if Jason gets his money will he continue to play at a high level

You know what your getting in Roscoe

your thoughts ??

Trading Parrish isn't because they need the money/room to give it to Peters, its because they have too much of a log jam at WR now that they have T.O. for one year.

I don't think its worth dealing away one of the best PR's in the league just to have T.O. for a year. By adding T.O., they really aren't that closer to the playoffs, and are not SB contenders this year. These are moves you make when you are on the verge of being a contender and are making one last big run.

Trading Parrish isn't because they need the money/room to give it to Peters, its because they have too much of a log jam at WR now that they have T.O. for one year.

I don't think its worth dealing away one of the best PR's in the league just to have T.O. for a year. By adding T.O., they really aren't that closer to the playoffs, and are not SB contenders this year. These are moves you make when you are on the verge of being a contender and are making one last big run.

first Hardy may not be ready for the season opener so it Evans, TO, Reed. Johnson ,Parrish top 4 right now

What if somebody gets hurt?

What bothers me is for the first time since Parrish has been here we have 2 top flight WRs

I think that would leave him one on one in the slot on 3rd downs

He is well worth the roster spot if he is used correctly

I see no reason we would not have Josh Reed in the slot on third downs. $4M is too much to pay for a punt returner. Check out the Super Bowl winners/playoff teams and how their teams are constructed. That much cap room is too valuable to use on a part timer.

What bothers me is for the first time since Parrish has been here we have 2 top flight WRs

first Hardy may not be ready for the season opener so it Evans, TO, Reed. Johnson ,Parrish top 4 right now

What if somebody gets hurt?

With Reed the number 1 slot guy and Hardy either ready or very NEARLY ready to go full steam in Sept. that really and truly leaves the Bills with 1 high priced receiver too many.... guess who?

According to USA Today's database of player compensation, Parrish made $3.9 (almost 4) Million last year. Here's the breakdown:

Year Team Base Salary Sign Bonus Other Bonus Total Salary Cap Value Position

2008 Bills $ 520,000 $ 1,100,000 $ 3,451,080 $ 3,971,080 $ 4,256,080 WR

According to the NFLPA contract database, his salary increases from $520,000 last year, to $1,000,000, this year. What I don't know, are what bonuses might be added to that, this year.

I read somewhere he's only making 1.025 mil this year and next...but maybe that was on his rookie contract...I don't remember.

Its just the way his contract works. He got a new deal from the Bills before last year. His base salary for this year is one mil, like you said. But he gets a 1.5 mil bonus, too, this year.

It's 2.5 mil this year, according to Mr. Clump.

Ah...thanks.

That's a better number, for his contribution. I'll take a trade that brings something special to the team. But, dumping Parrish for salary is stupid, IMO.

Its just the way his contract works. He got a new deal from the Bills before last year. His base salary for this year is one mil, like you said. But he gets a 1.5 mil bonus, too, this year.

He got almost $3.5 mill in "other bonses" last year, added to the $1.1 Mil signing bonus.

Do you know what the $3.5 was for?

Ah...thanks.

That's a better number, for his contribution. I'll take a trade that brings something special to the team. But, dumping Parrish for salary is stupid, IMO.

I dont see the team doing this unless they think Hardy is going to pan out for them

I agree with Dean, its a stupid idea since his cap number is 2.5 million for this year WTF ???

Id rather dump Kelsey than Parrish if you looking to clear some space.....

He got almost $3.5 mill in "other bonses" last year, added to the $1.1 Mil signing bonus.

Do you know what the $3.5 was for?

No, but it was probably some type of guaranteed roster bonus or the like. It doesn't really matter what it was, it was part of the renegotiation that the Bills did. He was probably promised 4 million cash for the first year. I doubt it was a performance based bonus.

I dont see the team doing this unless they think Hardy is going to pan out for them

I agree with Dean, its a stupid idea since his cap number is 2.5 million for this year WTF ???

Id rather dump Kelsey than Parrish if you looking to clear some space.....

I'd be careful admitting that, in public. :thumbdown: