Republican Tea Bagging is sweeping the nation!

I have heard NUMEROUS people from all kinds of backgrounds say things like the reason spending didn't work during FDR's time and in Japan and in other instances was because they cut it off too early or didn't SPEND ENOUGH. Opponents to the strategy of spending your way out of the problem are using numerous examples which may very well be contrary to their own point.

I don't know if spending a lot is going to work, or if it's the best way, and I would gather that neither do you. I don't know if anyone anywhere knows what is going to happen and whether it is going to work or not, there are a lot of different theories and some very serious economists think all the spending Obama has agreed to is not going to be enough. We're just going to have to see.

.....sorry. you mentioned Japan. How'd that work out for the decade in the nineties. The Gov spent, and spent and spent. 10 to 15 years of economic chaos.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever so there a debate. Do all of those links talk about Al Gore also?

Ok, you still never responded to Obama, also you did not address the top tier tax rates issue.

The pictures in the link that you describe are hurtful and ignorant. Feel better?

Get off the computer on watch your American Idol, putz.

.....sorry. you mentioned Japan. How'd that work out for the decade in the nineties. The Gov spent, and spent and spent. 10 to 15 years of economic chaos.

Yea. Ya gotta spend on off-the-book wars and bailing out your buddies' savings and loans (that your son !@#$ed up) and of course reducing income by cutting your buddies' taxes, letting their largesse trickle down to the little people...that is the way to economic prosperity.

Guys like Giethner, who was actually working in Japan some of that time, as well as other economists, use Japan as an example of the government not doing enough, not strong enough, not surgical enough and pulling up short. They say they kept on throwing money year after year at the problem in a half-hearted way (even though it was a lot of money), when what they should have done is what we are doing now. A huge push all at once to get the ball moving.

Again, I am not making a judgment on whether that will work out or not, but those same economists, and Geithner is one of them, use Japan as an example of doing it wrong -- and not spending enough -- versus spending too much.

Yea. Ya gotta spend on off-the-book wars and bailing out your buddies' savings and loans (that your son !@#$ed up) and of course reducing income by cutting your buddies' taxes, letting their largesse trickle down to the little people...that is the way to economic prosperity.

Ok. You get to throw out the first pitch, for the team "stupid". Though you could be manager, owner and team. Thanks, Deb.

I'd suspect they'd be called " the Stiletto Shoe Ignoramuses"

So it's your contention that that because personalities from Fox News and a Kansas City AM morning radio show appeared at these rallies that they sponsored the more than 800 protests across the US? :thumbsup::wallbash::P

Y'know, I was one of the few people here who didn't immediately dismiss your posts the moment I looked at them. I fear you're on you're own from here.

Well there is no question that Fox promoted it as much as they could, and used a few of their hosts to draw more people there but that is not really sponsoring them, or at least more than a handful of them. And there is also no question that a relatively small amount of them were organized by or helped organize by corporate sponsors like freedomworks, which admitted it. But there is also no question that there were hundreds of these things all over and I would imagine the vast majority of them were not sponsored by corporations.

It certainly started as a grass roots movement by the Ron Paul guys (some of whom I have seen denouncing the bandwagoners who they feel are just as bad). And these things popped up all over. But they really would have existed without the corporate sponsorship. And if you're going to call these corporate sponsored, a lot of the lefties shenanigans could be labeled that, too, with the support and money and organizing abilities of some organizations.

I do admit sometimes, to me, from the looks of them on the 30 second blurbs on TV, it often seemed kind of manufactured. But there were hundreds of them and I didn't attend any.

Well, the hardest part of holding any protest or rally is getting the word out. Advertising it. Sending out the message that there is a rally or protest. Fox News and conservative radio offered that for free.

So lets say someone did pay some money to Freedomworks to pay for this (as they likely did, but cannot be proven). What would that money be spent on? Advertising the protests, of course. Providing advertising for a protest as well as detailed information on times and places is sponsorship. Glen Beck practically begged people to show up for it.

Think about that..

(cue deep anchorman voice)

"Now in today's news PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COME TO OUR TEA PARTY"

Anyways, apparently Media Matters is all over this issue with detail after detail..

http://mediamatters.org/items/200904080025?f=h_latest

Beck announces he is speaking at Tax Tea Party fundraiser prior to appearance at Tax Tea Party Protest

I'm going to do a fundraiser for them. I'm going to try to squeeze in a speech for lunch. So you can come and you can have lunch with me. And I think -- I don't know any of the details, but I've heard it's like $500 a plate or something like that. And I'll be able to -- you know, and then I'll speak. I mean, I could not speak if you'd pay more to -- "You know what? I'll write a check for a $1,000 if you just don't let Glenn Beck speak. I'm willing to do that."

http://mediamatters.org/countyfair/200904090015

BTW Ted Nugent is a Gun Advocate..

Remember the Alamo.

There's PROOF

What the hell is wrong with promoting the rallies? There's a difference between coming up with the idea and promoting it. If you really don't think the government is out of control you're in the minority. The only branch that has decent approval rating is the Executive and that's because he just so damn likable <_< We've got a problem with our governments and we're the only ones that can change it.

The whole shebang was pretty laughable. Or at least it would have been had it not illustrated how badly informed many of the attendee's really were.

My favorites were:

• "No taxation without representation". You have representation douchebag. Unless you are under 18 or live in DC, please don't say that. It makes you seem incredibly stupid.

• "Obama is a fascist!!!". Please get a dictionary and a few books on history. Lock yourself in a room until you have not only read them, but taken the extra time to comprehend them as well.

• "Blah blah some invocation of Abraham Lincoln blah blah taxes." Since you are out hollering about taxes, you certainly are aware Lincoln enacted the first federal income tax and basically founded the IRS.

• "I can't go to Disney world because of the Obama tax increases". I don't know where to even start on this. Wait, yes I do. If you are the person that feels this way, you posses the intellect of a rock. Not even a special rock, but a particularly dumb rock. Probably sedimentary. First, and I can't stress this enough "THERE HAVE BEEN NO TAX INCREASES YET". Second, I sincerely doubt anyone attending these rally's would actually fall into the category of people who are going to feel any tax increase. Most people will have a net tax decrease, at least at the federal level.

I would wager that about 95% of the people protesting had no idea why they were protesting, but simply trying to express some frustration, which is understandable. I think we would all like to have our rep's in the house and senate actually read and understand these stimulus bills. We should want accountability and a trail of where this money goes. But if that was the focus of those tea parties, you'd be hard pressed to find it amongst the din of idiocy.

The whole shebang was pretty laughable. Or at least it would have been had it not illustrated how badly informed many of the attendee's really were.

My favorites were:

• "No taxation without representation". You have representation douchebag. Unless you are under 18 or live in DC, please don't say that. It makes you seem incredibly stupid.

• "Obama is a fascist!!!". Please get a dictionary and a few books on history. Lock yourself in a room until you have not only read them, but taken the extra time to comprehend them as well.

• "Blah blah some invocation of Abraham Lincoln blah blah taxes." Since you are out hollering about taxes, you certainly are aware Lincoln enacted the first federal income tax and basically founded the IRS.

• "I can't go to Disney world because of the Obama tax increases". I don't know where to even start on this. Wait, yes I do. If you are the person that feels this way, you posses the intellect of a rock. Not even a special rock, but a particularly dumb rock. Probably sedimentary. First, and I can't stress this enough "THERE HAVE BEEN NO TAX INCREASES YET". Second, I sincerely doubt anyone attending these rally's would actually fall into the category of people who are going to feel any tax increase. Most people will have a net tax decrease, at least at the federal level.

I would wager that about 95% of the people protesting had no idea why they were protesting, but simply trying to express some frustration, which is understandable. I think we would all like to have our rep's in the house and senate actually read and understand these stimulus bills. We should want accountability and a trail of where this money goes. But if that was the focus of those tea parties, you'd be hard pressed to find it amongst the din of idiocy.

Can't we all agree that the majority of Americans are !@#$ing idiots and call it a day?

BINGO!

One more funny thing - apparently some FauxNews on-scene reporter got caught red-handed inflating the numbers. Off camera but on-mike pre-rally, he asked for a crowd estimate and was told about 5k. On camera he decided to START at 5k and then go up to 15k. Quite a delta.

Must have been a slow news day.

BINGO!

One more funny thing - apparently some FauxNews on-scene reporter got caught red-handed inflating the numbers. Off camera but on-mike pre-rally, he asked for a crowd estimate and was told about 5k. On camera he decided to START at 5k and then go up to 15k. Quite a delta.

Must have been a slow news day.

You keep thinking that this is all just a silly little fluke.

You keep thinking that this is all just a silly little fluke.

I remember years ago my wife said the illegal immigration thing (which bugged the hell out of her) was never going to become an important issue. It took time but it sure became important, a lot of it due to grass roots. The economy has moved it to the back burner a bit but when the economy recovers immigration will once again be brought to the forefront.