Republican Tea Bagging is sweeping the nation!

So since taxes are decreasing on most of these people, they should probably find something else to B word about. Like spending.

Whose taxes are decreasing? What planet are you living on? And I've always had a problem with the spending.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine... I made more last year and I am getting more back. No major life changes or added withholdings. My property taxes also went down slightly.

Add up all your increased sales tax payments for 2008 and see where that leaves you. Illinois is the highest in the nation.

Here's another great "Tea Bagging" video.

They're still doing the birth certificate thing? Seriously?

While you're at it get a load of this guy-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwdOwgD5OsY

In just 3 minutes he manages to tell everyone to pull their kids out of college, that digital converter boxes are part of a plot to spread left-wing propaganda, and that Obama is the culmination of a 50 year communist conspiracy (funded by George Soros of course). In the meantime the crowd eats it up with a woman screaming "burn the books!". When asked what books she's referring to she replies "the brainwashing books-the evolution crap"............but I thought the Tea Bag movement is about fiscal responsibility..........................

I live in Will County across the border in Indiana... Especially my major purchases! <_<

I am a fine liberal! :devil:

And once again we see why it's so easy for libs to be hypocrites. They can never practice what they preach in order to reach their idea of utopia. Raise taxes to provide services to everyone, just not my taxes. Schmuck.

My taxes decreased too.

Sales tax in my state may have gone up...haven't noticed it yet. They're talking about it, but not sure.

So make up your mind, are you mad about the taxing? or the spending? Why tax if you don't spend? Is it better to spend what you don't have? Or are you just having a bad day? You are making less sense than usual...if that's possible.

This is not a spending revolt. This is a tax revolt. You do know the difference right?

I'm confused. I just got done watching Stephen Moore of the WSJ saying these things are not about taxes at all, they are about protesting the spending on bailouts. And he has attended a few of them already. So which is it?

My taxes decreased too.

Sales tax in my state may have gone up...haven't noticed it yet. They're talking about it, but not sure.

So make up your mind, are you mad about the taxing? or the spending? Why tax if you don't spend? Is it better to spend what you don't have? Or are you just having a bad day? You are making less sense than usual...if that's possible.

My problem is that government spends what they have. So when they have good revenue years they create programs to spend everything they received. However when they have poor revenue years that cannot cut the spending to equal the revenues, hence the deficits. If you don't have a problem with that, that's your insanity problem, not mine.

I'm confused. I just got done watching Stephen Moore of the WSJ saying these things are not about taxes at all, they are about protesting the spending on bailouts. And he has attended a few of them already. So which is it?

Well after doing some research it appears to be both. In my mind that makes them even better. You got a problem with that?

Well after doing some research it appears to be both. In my mind that makes them even better. You got a problem with that?

I actually don't have a real good reason to know for sure if the bailouts were a good idea or bad. The people I believe the most about it are wall street guys and economists that seem for the most part to believe they are an evil necessity. I'm also in favor of a middle class tax cut and have no problem raising taxes from 36% to 39% on those taking home $250,000 or more. I'm in favor in some of the extravagant spending and not in favor of some.

I do like grass roots activism and protests but I'm not in favor of Daughters of the Revolution re-enactments of Civil War battles. Unless it's like this:

The Re-enactment of the Battle of Pearl Harbor

I actually don't have a real good reason to know for sure if the bailouts were a good idea or bad. The people I believe the most about it are wall street guys and economists that seem for the most part to believe they are an evil necessity. I'm also in favor of a middle class tax cut and have no problem raising taxes from 36% to 39% on those taking home $250,000 or more. I'm in favor in some of the extravagant spending and not in favor of some.

I do like grass roots activism and protests but I'm not in favor of Daughters of the Revolution re-enactments of Civil War battles. Unless it's like this:

The Re-enactment of the Battle of Pearl Harbor

Let me guess. Monty Python?

Here's the thing with the bailout(s). They were done in a panic and so quickly that there is no way they could of been thought through. So they just started throwing money in all different directions. The economy is a big machine that for the most part does what it's going to do and there a few things you can do to change it's course. But to just be super reactive and throw more than a trillion dollars at it to me is just irresponsible, and that goes to both sides of the aisle. There are those that are saying that the recession could soon be over and that the economy has shown signs of life. If that's the case how much of our money did this super DC freakout just waste?

Let me guess. Monty Python?

Here's the thing with the bailout(s). They were done in a panic and so quickly that there is no way they could of been thought through. So they just started throwing money in all different directions. The economy is a big machine that for the most part does what it's going to do and there a few things you can do to change it's course. But to just be super reactive and throw more than a trillion dollars at it to me is just irresponsible, and that goes to both sides of the aisle. There are those that are saying that the recession could soon be over and that the economy has shown signs of life. If that's the case how much of our money did this super DC freakout just waste?

I don't know the answer. But I have seen too many people say that if we didnt do what we did back in the fall, it could have been much, much worse. I have also seen some people with a lot of credibility (Wall Street guys) say it was actually much worse than we thought and heard, and we were closer to a total collapse than was comfortable. And that isn't a partisan thing, I think Bush did the right thing back then. And I just assumed most of these guys I am believing were Republicans versus Democrats.

I think we had to bail out AIG but it probably wasn't done well, so I am agreeing and disagreeing with you on that one. I'm torn about the car companies but I really worry that if it goes into bankruptcy, very few people will buy US cars for years regardless of what everyone says about them being protected.

I don't know the answer. But I have seen too many people say that if we didnt do what we did back in the fall, it could have been much, much worse. I have also seen some people with a lot of credibility (Wall Street guys) say it was actually much worse than we thought and heard, and we were closer to a total collapse than was comfortable. And that isn't a partisan thing, I think Bush did the right thing back then. And I just assumed most of these guys I am believing were Republicans versus Democrats.

I think we had to bail out AIG but it probably wasn't done well, so I am agreeing and disagreeing with you on that one. I'm torn about the car companies but I really worry that if it goes into bankruptcy, very few people will buy US cars for years regardless of what everyone says about them being protected.

Oh I agree. I've heard the same thing. However maybe the bailouts should have just been more targeted and not just handed out willy nilly. See the banks giving money back.

Saw an interview this morning with one of the movement leaders. He made it CLEAR that

1) they aren't targeting the Obama administration but all prior administrations too: government in general

2) they are not anti-tax. they agree we should pay taxes

3) they are objecting to the government being the arbiter of how it's spent - they think we the people can spend more wisely (given the massive credit card debt people carry due to buying stuff they can't afford, I have to wonder...)

So nice job trying to make this into a big political issue. This man stated that fewer than 10 Congressional reps have responded to their request for engagement. This is a grassroots movement, which is how we got our start and is a good thing. But it's not anti- or pro-any party or party representative.

Here's another great...

but I thought the Tea Bag movement is about fiscal responsibility..........................

So because you disagree they are obviously morons in your pea-brain. Genius...

If you are trying to paint people using ad hominems try to at least give a reasoned refutation once in a while, which I know might cause you brain-damage to actually think outside of grammar and spelling.

As a matter of fact your fixation on spelling and grammar shows me your mental state. You can't make a point worth explaining so you criticize in the hopes no one discovers how lame your thoughts really are.

I've yet to see you genuinely refute anyone's statements, but solely use ridicule. As Demonthenes said during the fall of Grecian thought: "Ridicule is the last refuge for the scoundrel."

Blzrul, whom I don't agree with ideologically on many issues, has answered your stupidity.

Saw an interview this morning with one of the movement leaders. He made it CLEAR that

1) they aren't targeting the Obama administration but all prior administrations too: government in general

2) they are not anti-tax. they agree we should pay taxes

3) they are objecting to the government being the arbiter of how it's spent - they think we the people can spend more wisely (given the massive credit card debt people carry due to buying stuff they can't afford, I have to wonder...)

So nice job trying to make this into a big political issue. This man stated that fewer than 10 Congressional reps have responded to their request for engagement. This is a grassroots movement, which is how we got our start and is a good thing. But it's not anti- or pro-any party or party representative.

Wasn't the Boston Tea Party held because the colonists thought that they only should be taxed by their own representatives? Like, say, how we are now?

Seems kind of a stupid protest to model it on something you already have. :devil:

Wasn't the Boston Tea Party held because the colonists thought that they only should be taxed by their own representatives? Like, say, how we are now?

Seems kind of a stupid protest to model it on something you already have. :devil:

Yes, they didn't mind being taxed but they objected to being taxed and not having representation in Parliament.

And yes, it does seem kinda silly. These guys are just bitching about who's spending the taxes, and how.

I guess they're just not a creative bunch. That being the case I can see why the thread originator jumped to the conclusion that they are Republicans. But they're not.

It's harmless. I don't know what the problem is. People have a right to complain, and I don't see anyone in THIS administration calling them in cahoots with the evildoers for expressing their disagreement. How refreshing is THAT.