Rick Gosselin's Mock Draft

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...ft.24fa77e.html

Gosselin consistently is the best of the Draft prognosticators.

Crabtree at 4 is a surprise (I expect him to fall to 7)

and Monroe all the way pick 8

Oher falls to 29 too.

His draft assumes no trades.

Jets would be unhappy in this scenario - all three QB prospects gone by pick 12.

he stated this is the first of 3 mock drafts and is based more on his top 32 players rather then team needs and where he thinks players will actually go

i find it hard to believe he doesnt have Everette Brown in his top 32

Both Oher and Andre Smith falling to the Mid 20s and three WRs in the top ten I find hard to believe.

Given the players he has left at 11 I think the Bills would take Andre Smith- Smith might fall out of the top ten, as there are questions as to weather he is suited to LT, but he would be dominate at OG or RT so I'd be surprised if he fell past 15

Both Oher and Andre Smith falling to the Mid 20s and three WRs in the top ten I find hard to believe.

Given the players he has left at 11 I think the Bills would take Andre Smith- Smith might fall out of the top ten, as there are questions as to weather he is suited to LT, but he would be dominate at OG or RT so I'd be surprised if he fell past 15

Smith is more likely to be a Mike Williams clone than a dominant NFL player.

people complain about Peters dedication - but want to replace him with a guy that couldn't stay interested for a few months before the biggest payday of his life

how fat will he get after he gets the big bonus???

no thanks

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...ft.24fa77e.html

Gosselin consistently is the best of the Draft prognosticators.

Crabtree at 4 is a surprise (I expect him to fall to 7)

and Monroe all the way pick 8

Oher falls to 29 too.

His draft assumes no trades.

Jets would be unhappy in this scenario - all three QB prospects gone by pick 12.

It's looking more and more like The Bills will be choosing between Maybin, and Ayers if they want a DE/Pass Rusher (still hard for Me to believe Orakpo will be around at #11)...Should be interesting...To be honest if Buffalo gets Maybin, Orakpo, or Ayers I will be happy...I prefer Ayers though... :rolleyes:

Gosselins Final 2008 Mock

He got 7 out of 31. (no pick for the Pats)

Including having the Bills pick Devin Thomas. :rolleyes:

you don't know what you are talking about. STATISTICALLY he has been CONSISTENTLY the best. Do your homework. Sometimes it appears people here simply want to be "smart" and "negative"

And thanks to MAX997 for making a constructive comment - this first pass is indeed from his top 32 rankings. His third pass will combine his rankings with how he truly thinks the draft will go. Look for it around the 22nd.

As to Brown - some scouts are down the guy but not in the top 32? Interesting.

And thanks to MAX997 for making a constructive comment - this first pass is indeed from his top 32 rankings. His third pass will combine his rankings with how he truly thinks the draft will go. Look for it around the 22nd.

Heh - mark me down for not reading carefully, either.

Gosselin's always a good read.

Brown has only one pass rushing move and is not an every down player. He is way overrated.

You have no clue what so ever in what you are talking about. He has the widest variety of Pass Rushing moves coming out of this year's draft.

Also any person who doesn't have Brown in the first half of the draft can't be taken seriously.

you don't know what you are talking about. STATISTICALLY he has been CONSISTENTLY the best. Do your homework. Sometimes it appears people here simply want to be "smart" and "negative"

As to Brown - some scouts are down the guy but not in the top 32? Interesting.

Actually I did my homework by posting his results last year.

Basically his results sucked.

No need for a hissy fit. :rolleyes:

You have no clue what so ever in what you are talking about. He has the widest variety of Pass Rushing moves coming out of this year's draft.

Also any person who doesn't have Brown in the first half of the draft can't be taken seriously.

Magox:

Thanks for responding, I agree wholeheartedly with your comments.

Brown IS the best pass rusher in this draft. Brown gets off the snap count extremely quick and among his other strong points that have been noted are - Explosion, hands, spin, swim, rip, reads etc.

The best comparison I have heard is Brown is a cross between Dwight Freeney and Saints former stud Rickey Jackson.

people complain about Peters dedication - but want to replace him with a guy that couldn't stay interested for a few months before the biggest payday of his life

no thanks

Agreed, I do not understand the obsession with Andre Smith.

Does anyone here remember Mike Williams? This guy could be his brother for christ's sake.

no thanks

Wow, you might be too smart for this place. Lot of ass-backwards fans here who think just like the ass-backwards Bills front office which is why I see the Bills probably trading Peters and replacing him with the cheap and uber-lazy Andre Smith.

I'll speak out of both sides of my mouth for a minute, but hopefully I'll do it with less of an in your face manner than you.

Gosselin is good IMO. A good NFL writer. Good with his final mock draft. Generally good.

If I remember correctly he does do his mock differently than most though. He doesn't watch miles and miles of 'tape' on college players. He talks to NFL teams to find out what they are thinking and he ranks players accordingly. His final mock will combine team needs with what he's learned from the teams.

Now for the other side...Brown's absence is confusing. To not have him in the top 32 is a miss.

For mock lovers this guy has taken 101 mocks and averaged the position of 200 players. Really a nice one stop shopping opportunity.

:thumbdown: see, we got through that with no name calling :wallbash:

I'll speak out of both sides of my mouth for a minute, but hopefully I'll do it with less of an in your face manner than you.

Gosselin is good IMO. A good NFL writer. Good with his final mock draft. Generally good.

If I remember correctly he does do his mock differently than most though. He doesn't watch miles and miles of 'tape' on college players. He talks to NFL teams to find out what they are thinking and he ranks players accordingly. His final mock will combine team needs with what he's learned from the teams.

Now for the other side...Brown's absence is confusing. To not have him in the top 32 is a miss.

For mock lovers this guy has taken 101 mocks and averaged the position of 200 players. Really a nice one stop shopping opportunity.

Good Job BeerBall!

But if you don't mind me asking you, where did I call him a name?

Douchebag!

Oh...I meant, "very nice".

Sorry.

Good Job BeerBall!

But if you don't mind me asking you, where did I call him a name?

Well, technically you didn't name call, you disparaged. I could stretch things and say that you called the mook clueless and not someone to be taken seriously (someone very much like The Dean[see, how nicely, I did that, called him a clueless mook, and he'll never know]) .

I just get up on my high horse every once in a while. This impersonal intardnet thingy we use tends to make us feel :thumbdown: ing INVINCIBLE.