New Zealand tourism question

G'day from Down Under,

I was wondering if you guys could tell me if you've been seeing any commercials on TV promoting New Zealand tourism and, if so... what are your overall impressions of the ads, and as NZ being a holiday destination.

I've recently left my engineering job and have gone back to school to study Tourism Management in hopes to open up an accommodation business in a year or two.

While studying marketing, I've noticed that the Ministry of Tourism has recently begun an ad campaign in the US.

- Have you seen these ads on TV?

- What do you think of them?

- Would you consider ever coming down here?

Great TV spot

NFL footballer Dhani Jones in NZ ad

Thanks for your input.

Oh... yes, all Bills fans will receive a discount if you stay with us.

:rolleyes:

(We plan to open up a clean, green eco-lodge and Backpackers Hostel near the Abel Tasman National Park.)

I have, generally, a very positive atttitude toward New Zeland. I worked with a very smart, and attractive, woman who is from NZ and went to Stanford. Had her father (also a Stanford grad) over for dinner one night, too, when I lived in SF.

Love their Sauvignon Blanc (more than Australia's), too. BTW, there is a NZ Sauv Blanc called "Steely Dan" that I would love to try.

Never saw that TV spot. Nice, but they should have used Dylan's "Forever Young" instead of that lame tune...IMO, of course.

I'd love to go to NZ someday.

Edit:

http://www.aussiewines.com.au/wines_online.php?pid=1938

I have seen the ads. I don't recall the content other than general "come to NZ", and probably noticed them because I did go to NZ two years ago and enjoyed it very much. Auckland is a beautiful and interesting city. Rotorua itself was just ok, but exploring the Maori history and going up the mountain and climbing into the volcano crater made that excursion well worth it. I would love to go back and explore the South Island in the next trip.

We brought back a few bottles of wine and some honey. :rolleyes: on both.

Love their Sauvignon Blanc (more than Australia's), too. BTW, there is a NZ Sauv Blanc called "Steely Dan" that I would love to try.

http://www.aussiewines.com.au/wines_online.php?pid=1938

Cool, I'll have to check that wine out.

The vineyard is less than an hours drive away. (We'll be driving past it on Monday on the way to Kaikoura.)

I'll give you a report!

Cool, I'll have to check that wine out.

The vineyard is less than an hours drive away. (We'll be driving past it on Monday on the way to Kaikoura.)

I'll give you a report!

Thanks!

Haven't seen any NZ ads. But the air fares they were promoting last month are the cheapest I've seen in over 20 years.

Is there a little rivalry between Australia and NZ? I was kinda hoping you and Dibs would start some smack talk with Kiwi, for our general amusement.

Is there a little rivalry between Australia and NZ? I was kinda hoping you and Dibs would start some smack talk with Kiwi, for our general amusement.

I guess there used to be quite a rivalry back in the day, but now it's generally accepted that New Zealand is FAR better than Australia in every way.

I guess there used to be quite a rivalry back in the day, but now it's generally accepted that New Zealand is FAR better than Australia in every way.

That's what I'm talking about...

:rolleyes:

To me New Zealand=trout. Still true?

Yeah, Lake Taupo on the North Island and many of the River down here on the South Island are teaming with big trout.

To be honest... I haven't really been able to cast many flies since we moved down here in '05, but I've caught a lot of Snapper and Cod in the sea. (amongst other fish, including shark)

You mean Murray from The Flight of the Conchords?

Is he on any ads?

(or do you mean the posters in his office? New Zealand... we're not part of Australia.)

yes, that Murray.

I haven't seen the ads, I was just making a joke since he works at the consulate. Those posters are great