What is the best advice you have received and used?

BuffaloBill

A teacher of mine used to say "do what you say". I use it every day.

and say what u do...

two from my father

believe half of what u see, and none of what u hear.

it's not how much u make, it's how much u save

I'm sure this was coined long ago, but I never forgot this one, though I've never used it-

"Chuck, as an actor, you're a great student, and as a student, your a great actor." -Charles S. Stamm

oh wait......now that's not really advice, is it??....... I never listen to it anyway. :flirt:

No more Mr. nice guy

No more Mr. sweet breasts

Once, starting my first night bartending at a new restaurant, the manager gave me some advice just before leaving for the night. It's good advice that I have passed along to others along the way. He came up to me and said:

"Don't fu#k up!"

From Steven Covey's "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People": Seek first to understand, then to be understood. It started out as a tremendous sales tool, and easily became a powerful habit I use in virtually all relationships. Except with dumbasses.

Once, starting my first night bartending at a new restaurant, the manager gave me some advice just before leaving for the night. It's good advice that I have passed along to others along the way. He came up to me and said:

"Don't fu#k up!"

I've heard this before with the addendum, "but if you do... !@#$ up BIG!"

As to the thread topic, the best I've received and, in turn, given was, "Put her in your rearview mirror and make her get smaller."

From Steven Covey's "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People": Seek first to understand, then to be understood. It started out as a tremendous sales tool, and easily became a powerful habit I use in virtually all relationships. Except with dumbasses.

That one's only been around since St. Francis.

From my 8th grade teacher: Don't assume. It makes an ass out of you and an ass out of me.

lol, i learned that from Benny Hill...Classic!

Some of my favorites:

When doing card tricks...."once is entertainment, twice is education"

"girls are dime a dozen, now go get a quarters worth"--my buddy to me after getting dumped by my college GF

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude."--Thomas Jefferson

"Don't ever look back and always act like you belong." - A good friend of mine and former boss on how to get what you want or to get into where you probably shouldn't be.

When I was six, my imaginary friend, Dr. Lefoffelif, said to me, "you are a sensitive boy and no matter what you do in this lifetime you will always be paralyzed with self-doubt." I wanted to ask him what he meant by this, but he got a restraining order against me and I was not allowed within 200 yards of him.

Seriously though, the best advise ever (from my Dad): If you ever get into trouble, don't tell the cops ANYTHING.