What is the best advice you have received and used?

BuffaloBill

Thought about this after having a conversation with my wife about being a positive role model for kids. I would answer the questions with the following:

Best advice - "Think for yourself. God gave you the ability to to do so. You fail God and others if you allow someone else to think for you."

Person - My Uncle John

I guess I didn't receive it, I just figured it out myself...

"If you want something, ask for it. The worst someone will say is 'no.'"

I've used it to get free training (contacted the coordinators of the conference when I was still in college, and they paid for my conference fees and put me up in a hotel, all I had to do was pay to fly there), discounts on stuff at stores, and many many other things.

Never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. - Coach F.

Good advice, Bobby. You get those things right and everything else after that is cream cheese.

I would expand on dev's advice and go with Dale Carnegie's:

"Ask yourself, 'What's the worst that can happen?' Prepare to accept it. Then improve upon the worst."

It's from his timeless book, "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living".

Oh yeah, and wear sunscreen. :rolleyes:

I was in college, having an extremely rough week, and had no idea what I was going to do. I approached one of my two best friends I ever had in my life, and said, "Norm... what should I do with my life?" And he said, in all seriousness, "End it."

What is the best advice you have received and used?, Who gave it to you?

so your speaking thru a medium?

Never stop believing that things will turn out the way you imagine them. Approach every event with a positive attitude, and you cannot be conquered. You may be defeated from time to time, but never conquered.

- my grandfather about a week before he passed...he always says that optimism is what got him through WWII