Obama's DOJ vs Bush's DOJ

First, they argued, exactly as the Bush Administration did on countless occasions, that the state secrets privilege requires the court to dismiss the issue out of hand.

Completely unsurprising. It's a lot easier to argue against in principle than it is in practice, once you have to balance it against the needs of security.

The DOJ claims that the U.S. Government is completely immune from litigation for illegal spying — that the Government can never be sued for surveillance that violates federal privacy statutes.

That's just !@#$ing ridiculous. :(

But it is change none the less. :lol:

Sheep will be sheep. You have all been duped by a text book marketing scheme. Prez* Obama is to politics what N'sync was to music, an idea thought up in board room somewhere and fed to the m asses by the truck load. Thanx for voting him in. Soon the Obama* experiment will be over and we can get back to business. It is nice to see him top Bush's spending in his first 2 months of service and giving my tax dollar away to to all the poor disenfranchised folks. Media Monster says recession and we close our wallets. Media Monster says recovery and WOW all the wallets open again. Think for yourselves people. Obama is not interested in any of you. He is trying to make a name for himself by destroying what is left of this country. Caring only about the lower 20% of the population domestically and well, we see what is foreign skills are all about ..ZERO. Sleep tight :w00t::):rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Care to revisit this ???

I mean if you really want to look at the last year.

http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/1y/_/_dji

http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/3m/_/_dji

http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/6m/_/_dji

Bernanke: U.S. Recovery Ahead, Housing Near Bottom

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke told Congress Tuesday that the economy should pull out of a recession and start growing again later this year. But in testimony to Congress' Joint Economic Committee, Bernanke warned that even after a recovery gets under way, economic activity is likely to be subpar. That means businesses will stay cautious about hiring, driving up the nation's unemployment rate and causing "further sizable job losses" in the coming months, he said.

Today is a down day but the last month has been on an upswing where investors are taking profits after the jump.

"Stocks dipped in early afternoon trading following a jump Monday that sent the Standard & Poor's 500 index into positive territory for the year and the Dow Jones industrials up more than 200 points. Positive news on the housing market drove the gains."

"Today's action, just drifting around, is not that surprising given Monday's rally," said Darin Newsom, a senior analyst at DTN in Omaha, Neb.

Care to revisit this ???

Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke told Congress Tuesday that the economy should pull out of a recession and start growing again later this year. But in testimony to Congress' Joint Economic Committee, Bernanke warned that even after a recovery gets under way, economic activity is likely to be subpar. That means businesses will stay cautious about hiring, driving up the nation's unemployment rate and causing "further sizable job losses" in the coming months, he said.

Today is a down day but the last month has been on an upswing where investors are taking profits after the jump.

"Stocks dipped in early afternoon trading following a jump Monday that sent the Standard & Poor's 500 index into positive territory for the year and the Dow Jones industrials up more than 200 points. Positive news on the housing market drove the gains."

"Today's action, just drifting around, is not that surprising given Monday's rally," said Darin Newsom, a senior analyst at DTN in Omaha, Neb.

And this is good news? Why do you think Bernanke said that? Where are those 3 mill jobs that Obama promised that were going to come from all those shovel ready projects? Where did all that money go? Recessions always end and sometimes they end in spite of the efforts to end them, not because of. The height of the rebound from this one and how quickly the next one comes should be interesting to watch...stay tuned.

And this is good news? Why do you think Bernanke said that? Where are those 3 mill jobs that Obama promised that were going to come from all those shovel ready projects? Where did all that money go? Recessions always end and sometimes they end in spite of the efforts to end them, not because of. The height of the rebound from this one and how quickly the next one comes should be interesting to watch...stay tuned.

You obviously missed the Obama Prime Time Press Conference Rev 3.0 where he announced that they've already saved over 150,000 jobs. Of course, this was just an estimate provided by his own economic advisors, but his plan is apparently working. Well, except for the fact that over 600,000 more people filed new claims the previous week. But hey...that number could have been 150,000 higher according to some folks who work for the administration, and Bernanke says things are looking up, so stop dissing the president, okay? :rolleyes:

Incidentally, here is a nice $128M shovel-ready job that's not only not shovel-ready, but even Floridians don't understand how this project made it in the package.

Stay tuned, indeed.

You obviously missed the Obama Prime Time Press Conference Rev 3.0 where he announced that they've already saved over 150,000 jobs. Of course, this was just an estimate provided by his own economic advisors, but his plan is apparently working. Well, except for the fact that over 600,000 more people filed new claims the previous week. But hey...that number could have been 150,000 higher according to some folks who work for the administration, and Bernanke says things are looking up, so stop dissing the president, okay? :rolleyes:

Incidentally, here is a nice $128M shovel-ready job that's not only not shovel-ready, but even Floridians don't understand how this project made it in the package.

Stay tuned, indeed.

Oh I heard about it alright. And only in the messed up world of politics can losing 600,000 jobs be a gain of 150,000 because it could have been 750,000. Remember he said he would create or save 3 million jobs. It's like a headline for a hockey game where the Sabres lose 5-4.

Miller makes 25 Saves in Near Win Over Boston. :lol:

Care to revisit this ???

Nice charts showing a pretty good rally. Why not look at this chart and let me know if you see anything similar.

And please, don't follow the stupid CNBC idiots or Bernanke for that matter. He's wrong and will look as foolish come October as the below look to you.

"This is the time to buy stocks. This is the time to recall the words of the late J. P. Morgan... that any man who is bearish on America will go broke. Within a few days there is likely to be a bear panic rather than a bull panic. Many of the low prices as a result of this hysterical selling are not likely to be reached again in many years."

- R. W. McNeel, market analyst, as quoted in the New York Herald Tribune, October 30, 1929

"I see nothing in the present situation that is either menacing or warrants pessimism... I have every confidence that there will be a revival of activity in the spring, and that during this coming year the country will make steady progress."

- Andrew W. Mellon, U.S. Secretary of the Treasury December 31, 1929

"The spring of 1930 marks the end of a period of grave concern...American business is steadily coming back to a normal level of prosperity."

- Julius Barnes, head of Hoover's National Business Survey Conference, Mar 16, 1930

"While the crash only took place six months ago, I am convinced we have now passed through the worst -- and with continued unity of effort we shall rapidly recover. There has been no significant bank or industrial failure. That danger, too, is safely behind us."

- Herbert Hoover, President of the United States, May 1, 1930

And, of course, the real kicker....

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S."

- President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933

Care to revisit this ???

Did you just pick a random thread to post this in, or are you somehow convinced that the DOJ's position on warrantless wiretapping has something to do with the market rally?

Because although either way you've established your a total idjimit, I confess to being curious as to whether you're an ignorant idjimit, or merely a retarded one.

why not look at this chart?

Is that similar to the "look ahead" charts that help cause overinflated markets in the first place?

You Obama haters kill me..

What else is Bernanke supposed to say?

And what of all of those sweet smelling stories Bush told us when he was PIMPING the housing industry in 2004 and 2005?

He REFUSED to admit we were in a recession until he ran face first into it. AND only because his term was up!

How many withdrew their money from their Investment plans ?? Who's sound advice did you follow when you did that?

In 1 month my 401K increased $6K from the Feb - March low. That $6K gain in one month cancelled out the entire 2008 LOSSES under you know who.

Did you just pick a random thread to post this in, or are you somehow convinced that the DOJ's position on warrantless wiretapping has something to do with the market rally?

Because although either way you've established your a total idjimit, I confess to being curious as to whether you're an ignorant idjimit, or merely a retarded one.

wazza matter Tom?

Did I prove someone wrong? What I showed were CURRENT FACTS compared to this obvious LIE / SLANDER against the sitting Pres.

wazza matter Tom?

Did I prove someone wrong? What I showed were CURRENT FACTS compared to this obvious LIE / SLANDER against the sitting Pres.

Your post had nothing to do with the thread topic. You only proved you can't read.

As for the content of your post...why would I even read it? Apparently you're using technical analysis to prove the president's a good president. That's even more ridiculous than using technical analysis to predict the market - which itself is idiotic.

wazza matter Tom?

What facts exactly did you show? That we've had a nice rally in the market. You do realize that after, and sometimes during, every recession there is a major market rally. But this one Obama created?

What facts exactly did you show? That we've had a nice rally in the market. You do realize that after, and sometimes during, every recession there is a major market rally. But this one Obama created?

Democratic presidents can reduce the lag time inherent in anyone's economic policies, just by existing.

wazza matter Tom?

Your posts still have nothing to do with the original topic

And since you seem so big on showing CURRENT FACTS here's one for you. Well, not so current as it occured in April when this thread started. But you get the idea. Or maybe you don't, since this is actually related to the original topic you don't seem to want to talk about...

http://www.eff.org/files/filenode/jewel/jewelmtdobama.pdf

Oh those lying slanderous motions by the Dept of Justice

Sheep will be sheep. You have all been duped by a text book marketing scheme. Prez* Obama is to politics what N'sync was to music, an idea thought up in board room somewhere and fed to the m asses by the truck load. Thanx for voting him in. Soon the Obama* experiment will be over and we can get back to business. It is nice to see him top Bush's spending in his first 2 months of service and giving my tax dollar away to to all the poor disenfranchised folks. Media Monster says recession and we close our wallets. Media Monster says recovery and WOW all the wallets open again. Think for yourselves people. Obama is not interested in any of you. He is trying to make a name for himself by destroying what is left of this country. Caring only about the lower 20% of the population domestically and well, we see what is foreign skills are all about ..ZERO. Sleep tight :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Each president spent more than the last- it is called reality and welcome to it. George HW Bush and Ronald Reagan were unable to deliver what they promised and ended up raising taxes. Obama will spend more than they did, more than George W Bush did and more than Bill Clinton did. Just like them, Obama will go back on campaign promises

It is the world you have lived in all your life and will continue to live in. The next president, regardless of political affiliation, will spend more than Obama.

Each president spent more than the last- it is called reality and welcome to it. George HW Bush and Ronald Reagan were unable to deliver what they promised and ended up raising taxes. Obama will spend more than they did, more than George W Bush did and more than Bill Clinton did. Just like them, Obama will go back on campaign promises

It is the world you have lived in all your life and will continue to live in. The next president, regardless of political affiliation, will spend more than Obama.

That's so true.

As to the topic, I posted it in the wrong thread. My bad.

But I guess making that kind of mistake is unforgivalbe to the righties.

That's so true.

As to the topic, I posted it in the wrong thread. My bad.

But I guess making that kind of mistake is unforgivalbe to the righties.

What is so true? That a President doesn't uphold to every single promise they made in their platform? Really? That's Junior High Crap. Everyone realizes that, it isn't the point made by the first guy, who claimed that the masses have been duped by the praising of Obama. That he is a fad, a phenomenon used to divert from the reality. He is able to make outlandish claims such as a 3 million job surplus, yet fails entirely.

Yet, in the end the sheep when asked will say, I think Obama is doing a great job.

Really why?

Even when he is asked that question he cites the previous presidency. It doesn't even make sense anymore. When was simple passing on blame good enough? When has that ever been the intention of a legitimate hero? This guy is not a leader. At all.