Tim Graham

Tossing your hat into the retard rodeo ring, dave? You're better than this.

You may regard me a retard from hereon in, but I actually am not going to forget this. I know people who have done hit and runs, and they ain't pretty - dodging blame, a sense of entitlement, etc. etc. I was in a car once that hit a cat and I knew right away that something bad happened. Heck, when a bug hits the windshield, I'm aware. I'm pretty convinced that he knew he hit someone and decided the hell with it because a) he didn't give a sh*t (clearly) and b) he was probably over the limit (being that it was 3:30 am right off of Chippewa). Not cool. Remember, we're talking about a multimillionaire who has now been kicked out of a couple of bars for bringing in his own liquor. Now I confess that that's pretty cool in a Marvin Barnes sort of way, but hitting a pedestrian and absconding from the scene of the crime? That's low.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may regard me a retard from hereon in, but I actually am not going to forget this. I know people who have done hit and runs, and they ain't pretty - dodging blame, a sense of entitlement, etc. etc. I was in a car once that hit a cat and I knew right away that something bad happened. Heck, when a bug hits the windshield, I'm aware. I'm pretty convinced that he knew he hit someone and decided the hell with it because a) he didn't give a sh*t (clearly) and b) he was probably over the limit (being that it was 3:30 am right off of Chippewa). Not cool. Remember, we're talking about a multimillionaire who has now been kicked out of a couple of bars for bringing in his own liquor. Now I confess that that's pretty cool in a Marvin Barnes sort of way, but hitting a pedestrian and absconding from the scene of the crime? That's low.

I think you are probably right but to play Devils advocate - some people play rap music so loud that I can't hear my passenger a couple car lengths away, a truck driver snagged my sisters car while making a wide turn a drove more than a mile before he realized it.

Lynch should get the same punishment Marshall got; a 1 game suspension after appeal. The precedent has been set and Lynch's transgressions weren't even as bad as Marshall's, despite the fact that Marshall truly "got away" with abusing his girlfriend because he went to anger mangagement classes and also truly "got away" with DUI, because his BAC was 0.11 ( :worthy: ). Add to it the battery charge and it's a farce that Marshall only had 1 "sit down" with the Commish, and that it wasn't a "3 strikes, you're out" situation. Making Lynch "an example" sounds like childish petulance, especially since a month-long investigation of his alleged "hit and run" only produced enough evidence to charge him with a traffic violation, and he got caught with an unlicensed and loaded gun in a bag in his trunk, where it wasn't harming anyone.

Lynch should get the same punishment Marshall got; a 1 game suspension after appeal. The precedent has been set and Lynch's transgressions weren't even as bad as Marshall's, despite the fact that Marshall truly "got away" with abusing his girlfriend because he went to anger mangagement classes and also truly "got away" with DUI, because his BAC was 0.11 ( :rolleyes: ). Add to it the battery charge and it's a farce that Marshall only had 1 "sit down" with the Commish, and that it wasn't a "3 strikes, you're out" situation. Making Lynch "an example" sounds like childish petulance, especially since a month-long investigation of his alleged "hit and run" only produced enough evidence to charge him with a traffic violation, and he got caught with an unlicensed and loaded gun in a bag in his trunk, where it wasn't harming anyone.

are you his mother or president of the Buffalo Bills Homers Club.

Lynch is a thug who has generating a recurring series of thug-like events.

A loaded gun is a dangerous weapon, especially in possession of thugs under the influence.

unbelievable that you continue to defend this guy

you'd still be in his corner after he "accidentally" shoots someone who didn't get out of his way -

like the woman he ran down and left lying on the pavement

• 2 weeks later...

Holy Crap! What have I started? This is the first time I've been back to this post since I wrote it....by the way, I need to download spell check! Anyway, I feel as if I should write some epic apology...but, I won't. Many of you have made this out to be a capital offense against Mr. Graham....WHOA there, I disagree with ONE article and I get lambasted!! I enjoy many of the thing Tim writes, this article just seemed, to me...in MY opinion, a bit one sided and a condemnation of Lynch. Please don't tell me you think what he did is even close to the cowardly acts that Marshall, convicted or not, is guilty of...

And to Tim...one guys disagrees with you and you're all over his post...geez, critics suck, eh?

I love the Bills, Tim Graham, and ALL of you zany fans!! :thumbsup:

Graham's recent article on espn.com states that giving Lynch the same treatment as Brandon "Scumbag" Marshall (reduced 3 game suspension to one game on appeal) as "It would be a bad idea to give Lynch similar treatment." Are you kidding me!? Lynch operated within his legal rights last year in dealing with the alleged "hit and run" incident and Graham says he "jerked the local police around for a month." You're telling me, a kid from a single parent home in Oakland, who had been previously "mistakenly" targeted in a drive by, who has a gun in a bag in his trunk is worse than a third arrest (for which Marchalls suspension in the beginning of the '08 season was predicated on) for domestic charges. In my mind, beating up your girlfriend is a far worse, cowardly offense than both of Lynch's brushes with the law. Gotta love opionated reporting...screw getting the facts and comparing apples to apples, right Tim?

Too many posts to read through, so don't know if this has been said yet in this thread (although it probably has)...

But heres my two cents: Lynch was very fortunate last season with his off field issue in terms of not getting suspended, especially at a time that Brandon, Pacman, and many others getting in so much trouble. Because of the break he caught last year, I doubt if the office sees fit to cut him any slack this year. They gave him the benefit of the doubt and he slipped up again. He has had 2 serious off field incidents in his first 2 years, so I think they are going to hold up and make him serve his 3 games.

On the flip side, I think Lynch will keep his nose clean from here on out. He doesnt seem to be a head case like some of the other players, just making poor decisions. Hopefully he learns from them and puts this crap behind him...

Holy Crap! What have I started? This is the first time I've been back to this post since I wrote it....by the way, I need to download spell check! Anyway, I feel as if I should write some epic apology...but, I won't. Many of you have made this out to be a capital offense against Mr. Graham....WHOA there, I disagree with ONE article and I get lambasted!! I enjoy many of the thing Tim writes, this article just seemed, to me...in MY opinion, a bit one sided and a condemnation of Lynch. Please don't tell me you think what he did is even close to the cowardly acts that Marshall, convicted or not, is guilty of...

And to Tim...one guys disagrees with you and you're all over his post...geez, critics suck, eh?

So you still think "F Tim Graham" was an acceptable thread title, and you're surprised people reacted negatively?

Allrighty then.

(And I should note that said title would not have been cool if it had been aimed at any of the other 9,000+ TSW members, either.)

Graham's recent article on espn.com states that giving Lynch the same treatment as Brandon "Scumbag" Marshall (reduced 3 game suspension to one game on appeal) as "It would be a bad idea to give Lynch similar treatment." Are you kidding me!? Lynch operated within his legal rights last year in dealing with the alleged "hit and run" incident and Graham says he "jerked the local police around for a month." You're telling me, a kid from a single parent home in Oakland, who had been previously "mistakenly" targeted in a drive by, who has a gun in a bag in his trunk is worse than a third arrest (for which Marchalls suspension in the beginning of the '08 season was predicated on) for domestic charges. In my mind, beating up your girlfriend is a far worse, cowardly offense than both of Lynch's brushes with the law. Gotta love opionated reporting...screw getting the facts and comparing apples to apples, right Tim?

You're complaining about somebody being opinionated and yet ML's single Oakland upbringing is part of your relevant lists of facts. :thumbsup:

I actually just saw this post right now. I wasn't calling you a retard. I was implying that claiming he "left her for dead" was a highly over exaggerated statement. I'm not saying what he did was right at all, because it wasn't, but we don't know the details of the situation. I don't like people simply assuming he floored the car to 60 when he saw her, mowed her down, and screamed "BEASTMODE!" out the window as he sped off. At least give the situation its due credit. I was saying that you're better than the people who have described it as above, so i wasn't sure why you stooped to that level in your criticism.

"All over" his post? I fail to see how I'm "all over" anything on this thread. Maybe you can post my big rant within this thread so I have an idea of what you're referring to.

"All over" his post? I fail to see how I'm "all over" anything on this thread. Maybe you can post my big rant within this thread so I have an idea of what you're referring to.

Oh common man! You practically called him a moron fercryingoutloud.

:thumbsup:

I was willing to give Marshawn the benefit of the doubt, even to the point of lobbying for a reduced suspension, until he started parking his Porshe Cayenne on the lawn every night.

Everyone else in the complex follows the rules and parks their cars in their driveway overnight - apparently Lynch thinks those rules don't apply to him, and I have a mind to inform Commissioner Goodell of our star RB's latest malfeasance! :thumbsup:

Harrumph!!!!!

Ok this wont be popular but Goddells suspension makes sense to me. He punished Marshall last year as a deterrent to other players, Lynch got in trouble again so in order to stop these incidents from happening the punishment has to be upped again reguardless of the offense.

It may seem stupid but that is the policy

So you still think "F Tim Graham" was an acceptable thread title, and you're surprised people reacted negatively?

Allrighty then.

(And I should note that said title would not have been cool if it had been aimed at any of the other 9,000+ TSW members, either.)

It was meant for impact...I, personally, interpreted his article as a bit one sided and contradictory. I actual meant what I said in the last post, I do love Tim, most of the time anyway, as he usually is a bit more neutral. Sorry I took my aggravation out on him, it was misdirected from Marshall, who is still much more of a scum bag than Lynch will ever be. Sorry about the profanity in the thread title, I'll keep it in my posts, like several hundred others I've seen. (couldn't help being facetious there...) :thumbsup: