Bills meet with CB Vontae Davis?...... Really?

ans4e64

^^^^^^What he said ^^^^^^

You guys ever hear of Tom Brady, Randy Moss and Wes Welker (add in Greg Lewis, Joey Galloway, and Fred Taylor)?

We have some FA DB's next year, and our DB's have been injury prone...going to be pretty hard to take the division from the Pats if we can't beat them...

Yes I have. Now name me the Giants DBs that shut down said Patriots in the superbowl....

Point is they didnt, it was their pass rush.

Tuck, Usi, Strahan, Kiwi. Blitzing LBs Mitchell, Pierce, Kiwi (he plays/played both).

CBs can only do so much, and a sacked QB cant do anything.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I have. Now name me the Giants DBs that shut down said Patriots in the superbowl....

Tuck, Usi, Strahan, Kiwi. Blitzing LBs Mitchell, Pierce, Kiwi (he plays/played both).

You do realize that a pass rush is greatly affected by the ability of the coverage right? Keeping the WR's blanketed buys time for the line and causes the QB to hold the ball longer than planned or force a bad pass/throw away pass.

There is not one area of the D that doesnt impact another area of the D...

As a casual fan, you see a DE get a sack and immediately prop him up as the guy who made the play...what you dont see is the LB, S, or DB that took away the open reciever causing the QB to hesitate, bring the ball back down, check down, etc, etc...

Sure, there are sometimes where a player just makes an outstanding play like blowing by an O Lineman and getting in the backfield in rediculous time, but the mass majority of sacks come from the QB having to hold onto the ball longer than intended becuase of great coverage in the secondary allowing the D Line and/or blitzers to get there before the ball can be released.

So, I would be hard pressed to take anything away from those DB's and LB's in that Super Bowl as they were equally impressive regarless if you know their names or not...and just because you don't know their name doesnt mean they didnt have a great game...

Ummm...Aaron Ross, Sam Madison, R.W. McQuarters, Michael Johnson, Corey Webster...?

Oh, and that CB/S from Miami...Phillips?

Ummm...Aaron Ross, Sam Madison, R.W. McQuarters, Michael Johnson, Corey Webster...?

Oh, and that CB/S from Miami...Phillips?

But the real story of the game was Osi Umenyiora, Michael Strahan, and Justin Tuck.

But the real story of the game was Osi Umenyiora, Michael Strahan, and Justin Tuck.

Oh totally. Don't forget the DT's Robbins and Alford too. I was just pointing out that the DB's really did step it up in the post season...and showing off :worthy:

Interesting that the Bills are researching players who will be there at ~#28 (the Eagles' 2nd pick).

:worthy:

If The Bills take a CB anytime in the 1st 4 Rounds I will projectile vomit... :worthy: I don't care who it is or what the value is this Team Needs help in the trenches (including the TE Position) a MILLION times more than they Need CB, or Secondary help for that matter...Plus OLB is a bigger Need...

It's interesting that Trent Dilfer recently blamed The Bills 08 collapse on their lack of talent on both Lines...He basically said Teams that shrink in the 2nd Half of any Season do so because they don't have the Bigs...and The Bills don't have the Bigs...

McKelvin, Corner, Wendling, Whitner, Youboty, and Simpson on the Roster from the last 3 Drafts alone...They have McGee, Scott played a TON in 08, and Florence was added...If The Bills want to go DB from Rounds 5-7 I'm all for it...They should be able to find one there...I'm sure there's a UFA or two left that are worth a look...More will be Cut after the Draft, etc...

If they do take a DB early he better be the next coming...I just don't see it...But I also don't trust Dead Dick... :lol:

Oh, for Christ's sake, are people actually complaining about the FO doing their job, and bringing in an assortment of players? Do these people not have real jobs and know about "Due Diligence"?

I think that it boils down to whether or not fans trust Jauron and company to make sane choices. You do, but many do not and with good reason imo.

I think that it boils down to whether or not fans trust Jauron and company to make sane choices. You do, but many do not and with good reason imo.

No, Bill it doesn't matter if they trust the FO or not. The FO is going to look at players from various positions, if they have any bit of competency, every year. Get upset at their choices, if you want, but don't get upset at them doing their job.

No, Bill it doesn't matter if they trust the FO or not. The FO is going to look at players from various positions, if they have any bit of competency, every year. Get upset at their choices, if you want, but don't get upset at them doing their job.

I know, but people get spooked, and rightfully so.

Think about it.....we read reports of the Bills meeting with Vontae Davis, and trading Jason Peters. Then, add our history of drafting first round dbs and the reasons for Bills Fans to have trepidations become evident. Certainly you see this, no? :worthy:

I know, but people get spooked, and rightfully so.

Think about it.....we read reports of the Bills meeting with Vontae Davis, and trading Jason Peters. Then, add our history of drafting first round dbs and the reasons for Bills Fans to have trepidations become evident. Certainly you see this, no? :worthy:

Honestly, not really. I guess I have been around too long, and worked in too many different companies, to get upset about people doing their job properly. I also have very little patience for stupid exaggeration.

Have your doctor on standby. I predicted months ago that the Bills would select Davis in the first round. As long as Dick Levy has any say, this team will focus primarily on the secondary at the direct expense of both lines, and of course a winning record.

i should take out an insurance plan on my TV..... because there is a strong chance i will lose all self control and a bottle of blue light will go blasting through my screen at a high rate of speed............

Honestly, not really. I guess I have been around too long, and worked in too many different companies, to get upset about people doing their job properly. I also have very little patience for stupid exaggeration.

Stupid exaggeration is one thing. This is true:

2008—Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy 2007—Marshawn Lynch, RB, California 2006—Donte Whitner, S, Ohio St John McCargo, DT, North Carolina St (from Chicago) 2005—NO PICK 2004—Lee Evans, WR, Wisconsin J.P. Losman, QB, Tulane 2003—Willis McGahee, RB, Miami 2002—Mike Williams, OT, Texas 2001—Nate Clements, CB, Ohio St 2000—Erik Flowers, DE, Arizona St 1999—Antoine Winfield, CB, Ohio St 1998—NO PICK 1997—Antowain Smith, RB, Houston 1996—Eric Moulds, WR, Mississippi St 1995—Reuben Brown, G, Pittsburgh 1994—Jeff Burris, DB, Notre Dame 1993—Thomas Smith, DB, North Carolina 1992—John Fina, OL, Arizona 1991—Henry Jones, DB, Illinois 1990—James Williams, CB, Fresno St 1989—

Stupid exaggeration is one thing. This is true:

2008—Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy 2007—Marshawn Lynch, RB, California 2006—Donte Whitner, S, Ohio St John McCargo, DT, North Carolina St (from Chicago) 2005—NO PICK 2004—Lee Evans, WR, Wisconsin J.P. Losman, QB, Tulane 2003—Willis McGahee, RB, Miami 2002—Mike Williams, OT, Texas 2001—Nate Clements, CB, Ohio St 2000—Erik Flowers, DE, Arizona St 1999—Antoine Winfield, CB, Ohio St 1998—NO PICK 1997—Antowain Smith, RB, Houston 1996—Eric Moulds, WR, Mississippi St 1995—Reuben Brown, G, Pittsburgh 1994—Jeff Burris, DB, Notre Dame 1993—Thomas Smith, DB, North Carolina 1992—John Fina, OL, Arizona 1991—Henry Jones, DB, Illinois 1990—James Williams, CB, Fresno St 1989—

Are ALL of those DBs? Based on many of the comments here, they must be, because our FO ONLY picks DBs. In the past three years, two of the four 1st round picks have been DBs. That's what I mean by stupid exaggeration.

Are ALL of those DBs? Based on many of the comments here, they must be, because our FO ONLY picks DBs. In the past three years, two of the four 1st round picks have been DBs. That's what I mean by stupid exaggeration.

Exaggeration is a tool of the limp minded when repeated shouted weak arguments fail.

I'm pretty sure the criticism of our front office putting a high value on DB's consists of THIS administration/staff, not the ones dating back to 1990. So, your stating of only the recent picks being used on DB's is actually strengthening their argument and weakening yours, just fyi.