If the Inner Circle Jerks only had a brain

VJ91

You have to love the football smarts at One Bills Drive. Marshawn Lynch gets arrested. Every football fan in America knows he will be missing some games to start this coming season. The Bills still only tender Fred Jackson the very minimum they cold get away with, pissing him off. Then they parade a bunch of veteran running backs through One Bills Drive during free agency and sign none of them. Now we find out Lynch will be gone for three games. Fred Jackson becomes very important for the first quarter of the 2009 season, and as usual, the inner circle jerks have put themselves into a contentious corner forcing Jackson to honor his pathetic "contract" or else.

Nice job, Brandon and circle jerks. I guess you can start talking up Xavier Omon along with Stevey Johnson and Demetrius Bell, since you just cannot seem to part with the money needed to compete in the real life NFL.

:wallbash:

:)

:blink:

They own Fred Jackson for this year (and if he signs his tender, which let's be honest he will have to financially) they own his ass for 2010. Why do they owe him a contract? He owes them.

You cant use real world rationale when discussing pro sports and contracts. Its leverage. Unless the bills draft someone or sign a RB Jackson just picked up a whole bunch of leverage. We should have taken care of this weeks ago with a reasonable deal, i highly doubt jackson is asking the brinks trucks be brought in

You have to love the football smarts at One Bills Drive. Marshawn Lynch gets arrested. Every football fan in America knows he will be missing some games to start this coming season. The Bills still only tender Fred Jackson the very minimum they cold get away with, pissing him off. Then they parade a bunch of veteran running backs through One Bills Drive during free agency and sign none of them. Now we find out Lynch will be gone for three games. Fred Jackson becomes very important for the first quarter of the 2009 season, and as usual, the inner circle jerks have put themselves into a contentious corner forcing Jackson to honor his pathetic "contract" or else.

Nice job, Brandon and circle jerks. I guess you can start talking up Xavier Omon along with Stevey Johnson and Demetrius Bell, since you just cannot seem to part with the money needed to compete in the real life NFL.

:)

:blink:

You left out the fact that they openly expressed interest in Raji as soon as it became known he is a pot head. As I mentioned in another thread, this obvious thumbing of the nose at the commissioner with respect to players on drugs, got Lynch a longer susension.

The Bills actions to defy logic.

You have to love the football smarts at One Bills Drive.

First, what makes you think there are OBD smarts and second, complete in the NFL? When was that...a decade ago?

It almost seems like this bunch of zombies are just going through the motions until Ralph kicks it with no thought or determination to take care of business and compete in the AFC East. That should be the goal. DO what it takes to beat the Jets, Fins and Pats. Until OBD has a staff that can do that...proven winners in the NFL, it will be just more of the same; 7-9 (if lucky) until Ralph's lease expires.

They own Fred Jackson for this year (and if he signs his tender, which let's be honest he will have to financially) they own his ass for 2010. Why do they owe him a contract? He owes them.

For the same reason they re-did Schobel's contract about a year after he signed it even though it was the biggest on the team at the time.

Wow. This thread is retarded. Not only do you need to do some research before you pretend to have a clue about Jackson's status, but you don't need to start a topic that's being discussed in nearly ever thread.

First, what makes you think there are OBD smarts and second, complete in the NFL? When was that...a decade ago?

It almost seems like this bunch of zombies are just going through the motions until Ralph kicks it with no thought or determination to take care of business and complete in the AFC East. That should be the goal. DO what it takes to beat the Jets, Fins and Pats. Until OBD has a staff that can do that...proven winners in the NFL, it will be just more of the same; 7-9 (if lucky) until Ralph's lease expires.

My own guess is that Ralph wants a winner before he dies. Money is no longer an issue for him though I think that he would like to see the team still be a Buffalo team after he dies. He could have made a ton moving this team at almost any time over the last 25 years and he didn't. I really do think he wants to win and he wants to keep the team here. To some extent, those are conflicting goals.

I beleive that as desparate as he is for a winner, he has lost his patience with the geniuses he has hired over the years like Donohoe. He has been so frustrated that I think he has just decided to take the wheel and hired non-entities like Brandon and Jauron. These are not guys who are going to stick to their guns in an argument with the owner. Ralph no longer trusts these guys. After Donohoe and all those sorry coaches, I can't say I blame him. Unfortunately, I think Ralph needs a GM who will stand up to him, even piss him off on occasion.

I really do think we have an owner who is literally dying to watch his team win again. Anyone who has ever been a part of a winning team can tell you, there is nothing like it. Some of my fondest memories are of the winning teams I was lucky to be on. I am convinced that is what Ralph wants more than anything. Signing Owens says that loud and clear.

Here's a scenario. What if a back nobody is expecting much from (like Jackson two years ago) emerges and manages to play well in Lynch's absence? Where's Jackson's leverage then? Not saying it's gonna happen or that the odds suggest it will. Just saying if you abandon a job in the NFL there are tons of players wanting to prove they belong. Stranger things have happened. Freddy doesn't have leverage now and will have little chance of gaining any if somebody steps up in his absence.

GO BILLS!!!

Holding-out or giving a half-hearted effort is the stupidest thing Fred could do. The Bills own his rights for the next 2 years at least, via EFA and RFA status. And that's assuming there's a new CBA. If there isn't, the Bills own him for the next 4 years.

Holding-out or giving a half-hearted effort is the stupidest thing Fred could do. The Bills own his rights for the next 2 years at least, via EFA and RFA status. And that's assuming there's a new CBA. If there isn't, the Bills own him for the next 4 years.

That's the point, isn't it? Amazing how the FO is accused of stupidity when they're just doing the right thing from a business perspective. Some will argue, "Well, what about the PEOPLE perspective? You just don't treat your people this way?" To them I say, "Welcome to the NFL." Or ANY real world business arena.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah no player would do that it's not logical and all the players are so logical and analytical it's just impossible that they would do something self-destructive just to prove a point.

I really do think we have an owner who is literally dying to watch his team win again. Anyone who has ever been a part of a winning team can tell you, there is nothing like it. Some of my fondest memories are of the winning teams I was lucky to be on. I am convinced that is what Ralph wants more than anything. Signing Owens says that loud and clear.

That's as may be, but to the extent that the opening strength-of-schedule matters, seems like last season would have been a good one for a push. Dunno.

Wow. This thread is retarded. Not only do you need to do some research before you pretend to have a clue about Jackson's status, but you don't need to start a topic that's being discussed in nearly ever thread.

The same group, minus Donahoe, has been running the team the past decade. Results are less than satisfactory to put it mildly. I'd be the first one to say they're on the right track, but it's been three consecutive 7-9 seasons. Before that, 31-49 in the five years of TD.

If they'd gone 6-10 in 06, and followed that up with improvements in the "W" column, there wouldn't be as much animosity toward the front office.

My own guess is that Ralph wants a winner before he dies. Money is no longer an issue for him though I think that he would like to see the team still be a Buffalo team after he dies. He could have made a ton moving this team at almost any time over the last 25 years and he didn't. I really do think he wants to win and he wants to keep the team here. To some extent, those are conflicting goals.

If money is not an issue, and the goal is to win, nothing has really changed with the Bills for 10 years of failure in the standings and counting.

Compare that to Miami who went through their own short rebuilding spurt which was bolstered by the hiring of proven GM in Parcells who has proven football ability. Who is Russ Brandon other than a marketing gimmick puppet who signed a 35 year old media queen WR to sell seats?

:censored:

:wub:

They made offers to Taylor and Jones...they chose Chi and NE respectively...so its not like we brought guys in and didnt try and sign them...I have no idea if we made an offer to Foster...but the other two elected to go somewhere where they can get more playing time...

Wow, what are you talking about? Jackson's status?.... He is a restricted free agent due to the amount of time he's been in the NFL. The Bills are only required to offer him a tender deal for players that fit into that category, which they did. Of course, he's had a couple of nice seasons that should mean he should get more money then that tender offer, but since the idiots at One Bills Drive don't have to do more, they have not, at least not yet. And Jackson was hoping the Bills would offer a long term contract representing his true value to the team, so now he is pissed off.

Now, please tell me what additional "research" I should have done before beginning this thread??

And as for other threads being similar to this one, who cares? Don't read it if you think it's redundant, or "retarded".

:censored:

:wub:

Russ Brandon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you