SDS

One of our sponsors, Bet A Buddy, has a new pool out right now - NFL Draft 2009.

Get points for every 1st round pick you correctly make! You get points for picking the correct side of the ball, correct position, and correct player...

Let's give it a whirl and see if this is worthwhile to do year after year. I don't know of any other contests like it.

http://www.betabuddy.com/draftpool09/login.php

anyone want to try it?

My buddy and I do our own mock draft pool with what I think is a pretty good scoring system. Basically we both put together our own mock drafts of the 1st round only. If I pick Matt Stafford #1 overall and he goes #1 I receive 0 points. On the other hand if I choose Matt Stafford #1 overall and he goes #10 I receive 9 points. Whoever has the lowest amount of points after the first 32 picks wins. So things don't get too out of control we cap the total number of points for one player at 32. Meaning if I pick Max Unger 32nd overall to the Steelers and he actually doesn't end up being drafted until the middle of the 3rd round I only get 32 points (max. allowed) rather than 40 + points. $50 whoever come out of the 1st round with the least amount of points.

Then to spice things up a little we do a side bet for most correct players to the correct team. That way you are also directly rewarded for picking the right player to the right team. Just figured I'd pass it along for anyone looking to have a little more excitement during draft day with a friend or 2 who enjoy a little gambling. $5 for each correct player to the correct team.

I've never found a site that does anything like this online, if anybody knows of anything close to it let me know.

One of our sponsors, Bet A Buddy, has a new pool out right now - NFL Draft 2009.

Get points for every 1st round pick you correctly make! You get points for picking the correct side of the ball, correct position, and correct player...

Let's give it a whirl and see if this is worthwhile to do year after year. I don't know of any other contests like it.

http://www.betabuddy.com/draftpool09/login.php

anyone want to try it?

Very cool. I'm signing up. :thumbsup: